FS Red 1999 Cavalier z24 - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FS Red 1999 Cavalier z24
Wednesday, November 03, 2010 3:33 PM
So after some thinking, I would rather not have to store this car while I leave for the Marines. Recently bought a truck for the winter and traded for a small crotchrocket. I would love to keep this too while gone but would be easier to sell and start fresh again when I come back. My profile had most of the mods, but I will list all I can think of here.
1999 Cavalier z24
approx 185,000 Miles
Engine:
2.4L Twin Cam 72,xxx miles
New Water Pump, and Oil Pump
A/C Compressor + Hoses + Radiator Condensor Delete
Spectra 3" Intake
TTR Upper and Lower Mounts
Pacesetter Header, Magnaflow Hiflow Cat, 2.25" Custom Pipes, Thrush Glasspack, Super Turbo, 3" Tip

Suspension:
KYB 4-Way Adjustables
Eibach Sportlines
Blacked Out z24 Rims

Body:
Drifter Front & Back Bumper
(have drifter side skirts too painted to match)
Bomex Side Skirts
Custom Made Carbon Fiber Twin Scoop Hood
Tinted Headlights + Corners
Tinted 00+ Tails
20% Tint on Front two window
10% On back and banner on windshield

Interior:
Panasonic Headunit 4x70
Kenwood 6.5", Alpine 6x9",
Xplod 4 Channel Amp
Harmon Kardon Drive and Play System
Msc

The only problem the car has is that the clutch has a small leak where the slave cylinder line connects to the master cyclinder, right next to the trans. Haven't looked into it much. Car has almost brand next clutch, slave and master cylinders, newer radiator, new (bigger) alternator.

The car rides nice, all black interior, including headliner. Is peppy for not having any internal engine mods. I have a complete z24 body kit, original hood, spare rims and tires, fiberglass interior pieces, and a whole car basically that can go with it too. It needs a good paint job, not terrible, but does have close imperfections. Minimal rust, car was zebarted.

Any questions about the car I would love to answer, have a clean title for the one for sale and spare also. Also have a spare LD9 with 185,xxx on it with a loose wrist pin. Everything is there to have a small winter project and have a very nice cavalier to drive next summer. Or put the stock kit on it and drive it all winter too. I have no price set, it is up for Best Offer. I don't need to sell it but would rather not have it sit too. Would be interested in trades of any sorts, I am looking for a 03-05 stock cavalier to start fresh on when I get back. Thanks for looking and all of your help getting it to where it is now.

Most Recent

Couple Of Older Ones

...you want a pic, then help me build something worth taking a pic of....

Re: FS Red 1999 Cavalier z24
Monday, November 08, 2010 3:50 AM
How much are you looking for this? My buddy is looking for a project cav.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, November 08, 2010 10:40 AM
How much with just the z kit on it lol

13.1 @ 115
Monday, November 08, 2010 2:29 PM
id probably jump on it without the body kit honestly.
Monday, November 08, 2010 7:14 PM
you don't have to by it all, i have a stock kit and stock hood, and a set of stock rims, and stock exhaust, and stock intake, and stock everything else. i would love to be able to come back and start fresh on a car i can drive in the winter too.

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 9:16 AM
so price?

formally crip96cav.... dead.
but good news below...

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 3:12 PM
skinnyman wrote: I have no price set, it is up for Best Offer. I don't need to sell it but would rather not have it sit too. Would be interested in trades of any sorts, I am looking for a 03-05 stock cavalier to start fresh on when I get back. Thanks for looking and all of your help getting it to where it is now.

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 4:33 PM
id give 1200 without the aftermarket hood and body kit.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 4:01 AM
What happened to the Green 99?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 8:23 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:What happened to the Green 99?

thats the extra car included in the sale

Thursday, November 11, 2010 1:02 AM
skinnyman wrote:
-MD- Enforcer wrote:What happened to the Green 99?

thats the extra car included in the sale

how about my offer?

Thursday, November 11, 2010 7:24 AM
it's worth more than that

Thursday, November 11, 2010 9:59 AM
i find em all day around here for that price or cheaper. just trying to help a forum member out. bear in mind, id have to rent a trailer, and drive 3 hrs one way to pick the car up, then drive 3 hrs back home with it. id be looking at $1500 to buy your car, sorry its NOT worth more than that. especially at 174k. good luck with the sale though.
Thursday, November 11, 2010 12:10 PM
Not gonna lie that's the type of offer I was gonna send also :/ because 174 on a 2.4 means something is deff gonna go soon...and if u haven't spun a rod bearing yet u are the first in history lol

13.1 @ 115
Thursday, November 11, 2010 12:30 PM
My buddy was thinking around $1000. He was planing on turning it into a oval track car.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:20 PM
please read the post correctly, 72,xxx MILES ON MOTOR, number is less than that, rechecked today, actually milage 65,xxx. the red one pictured runs fine, drives great, is my daily driver. the other one, 99z24 green tboned can also come with the car in the sale. i still have the ORIGINAL engine with 180,xxx miles with a loose wrist pin, the one not in the car.

Saturday, November 13, 2010 11:00 AM
kbb lists book value just over a grand but if this guy thinks hes got a goldmine here, let him think that.
Saturday, November 13, 2010 1:11 PM
i don't think i have a goldmine, but i know what this car sells for stock, and i i know what most of these parts cost used, almost everything on this car was replaced, swapped, upgraded, and this is for two cars, the second one could be made to drive, but not legally.

Saturday, November 13, 2010 10:04 PM
be realistic. thats all we are saying. if you just lump all the @!#$ together and push a parts car on the buyer, it doesnt mean youre gonna make any more money. sorry a parts car is a parts car. worth 500 max, and from the sounds of all the offers, nobody wants all your extras. not to mention, mods dont make a car more valuable. thats a fact. you cant slap on an ebay body kit and then add that to your asking price. bottom line is, 3 people have now told you what they would offer, and you shoot em all down. if our realistic offers offend you, make an asking price.. not that it matters now that you have had 3 ppl plus kbb tell you what your car is worth, sorry if you dont wanna believe it. from the sounds of it, theres a good chance that car is gonna sit and rot while youre in the marines.
Saturday, November 13, 2010 10:17 PM
Yeah mines fully built and turboed and best id be able toget out of it is 7k and its a 05 lol

13.1 @ 115
Saturday, November 13, 2010 10:48 PM
i understand parts do not maintain value, this is not a car for someone who mods theses out to the extent that most people do on this site, this is for your younger person who wants a car in high school or college that can't do all of this work themselves, most people on this site can, most people in this world cant

Sunday, November 14, 2010 8:57 AM
Put it on Craigslist. Someone will pay what youre asking simply based off of the body kit and "Hey look at me factor." Car enthusiasts know that parts dont add value but the average schmo doesnt.

Friday, November 19, 2010 5:21 PM
Quote:

Put it on Craigslist. Someone will pay what youre asking simply based off of the body kit and "Hey look at me factor." Car enthusiasts know that parts dont add value but the average schmo doesnt.

this or i would def consider putting the z kit back on it if the colors match.

Friday, December 10, 2010 11:50 PM
gotta say, i love that this car didn't sell, did a 1800 mile roundtrip from detroit to mississippi without the slightest problem the whole drive, and got great gas

Saturday, December 11, 2010 1:07 AM
gotta say, im glad you didnt take my offer. i used that money toward my new toy. a 400hp mk3 supra. :-) glad you're happy keeping it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search