Anyone near Norfolk, Va. - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone near Norfolk, Va.
Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:44 AM
Will be moving to Norfolk near the first of the year,need to know were the parts are.Any speed or racing shops around?

Re: Anyone near Norfolk, Va.
Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:11 AM
Kyle is over there by you-
http://www.j-body.org/members/extremedelusions/

The local forum to my knowledge is http://www.vadriven.com/forums/forum.php , however don't bother posting, the community will instantly bash with witty comebacks about dying in a fire, your sexuality, or other internet e-thugology. Next to no moderation there, nor civilization in reality.

Couple shops, nothing specializing in the smaller segment like j-bodies though, more-so Honda's and Subaru's.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 11:27 AM
thanks joe..
Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:02 PM
Lived down in Hampton for two years (other side of the HRBT), nice area, enjoy it, get out and explore! A lot to see in the 757!

Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:14 PM
I'm in the area too. Like he said not really a big J scene here but still a couple of us. I'm always down to hang out when I have free time.
Saturday, November 17, 2012 6:07 PM
The local car spot is Jenro's Diner out on Independence Blvd and Haygood Rd. in Virginia Beach. People meet up every Friday and Saturday night from about 10 pm to 2 AM... though there are a million cops out, so don't plan to do anything stupid while you are out there...

and Joe is correct. vadriven.com is the "black eye" of all car forums everywhere. With some good Moderation the site could be epic... but instead it's hated by 99.9% of all automotive enthusiasts in the area. I can say this because I do know just a little bit about how to moderate automotive forums.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Saturday, November 17, 2012 6:09 PM

Sunday, November 18, 2012 3:03 PM
Thanks for the info.@ Mystic, will my abs or ets lights give me any problems during inspection.?
Monday, November 19, 2012 4:21 AM
Yes, since those are safety related items they will fail you for them.
Monday, November 19, 2012 10:51 AM
Thanks Red, I know its not exactly preferred method,but due to the ABS problems with j's. If the bulb isnt there then there shouldnt be an issue,am i correct?
Monday, November 19, 2012 4:12 PM
Accually,nevermind that last post.I think ill get off my ars and fix it right.
Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:25 PM
bo thomley wrote:Thanks for the info.@ Mystic, will my abs or ets lights give me any problems during inspection.?
Negative...

We have a non-integrated type ABS, and therefore the ABS is not inspect-able (see my state inspection sticky at the top of this forum)...

what is an ETS light? Would that be the Traction control light that only the Automatics have... if so, that also won't fail for inspection, as the light is most likely on because of the fault in the ABS system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:28 PM

Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:51 PM
thanks for the info.I fixed one of the problems(broken wire) but ive still gotta replace the ebcm.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search