NEED HELP with my mirrors - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NEED HELP with my mirrors
Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:25 AM
i want make my side mirrors heated, has any one done this, if so please let me know how you did it
thanks

Re: NEED HELP with my mirrors
Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:53 AM
why did you post this in the regional section?

Thursday, October 15, 2009 7:45 AM
maybe becase we get more snow? lol.

i would find a heating element to put behind the mirror or direct a small tube from the heater thru the door and out behind the mirror but im not sure how much flow you would get through the amount of tube you would have to use. best bet would be to find a small heating element. maybe cannibalize a heated ice scraper and wire it into the rear defroster circuit

Saturday, October 17, 2009 2:33 PM
i thought about jimmy riggin something together, but i wasnt sure of how hot is to hot, and i dont really nknow enough about wiring to wire in relays and stuff for things auto shut off, thats why i was hoping some else had done it. other wise i was going to take apart a set of mirrors off of an intrepid or something

Saturday, October 17, 2009 3:08 PM
why not just use the rear defroster circuit, and wire it in with that? a timed circuit, so you don't have to worry about it. and one switch for all of it...if you need to use the rear defroster, you'll probably be needing the side mirrors to be cleared up, so i think it would be a good idea to run it all off of one switch, and leave it looking stock.
Saturday, October 17, 2009 3:29 PM
Dave De Stefano wrote:why not just use the rear defroster circuit, and wire it in with that? a timed circuit, so you don't have to worry about it. and one switch for all of it...if you need to use the rear defroster, you'll probably be needing the side mirrors to be cleared up, so i think it would be a good idea to run it all off of one switch, and leave it looking stock.

yes like i said. wire it with the rear defroster.

Saturday, October 17, 2009 9:45 PM
sorry i guess i missed that part of you post, thats good idea, ill have to give that a try

Sunday, October 18, 2009 9:53 PM
well let us know how you make out. i have thought of doing it as well. its actually a useful thing to have

Monday, October 19, 2009 6:40 AM
will do, hopefully i can get to work on it soon, its getting cold over here

Monday, October 19, 2009 10:59 AM
i wonder how the heat wwill effect the plastic housing for the mirrors...
Monday, October 19, 2009 1:40 PM
what is the best waty to remove the glass with wrecking anything

Monday, October 19, 2009 2:01 PM
reason im asking is because i found some heating pads that are glued to the backof the mirrior glass, i though that i would give them a try

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HEATED-MIRROR-IN-YOUR-FORD-NOW-YOU-CAN-HAVE-IT_W0QQitemZ130332698303QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1e586f26bf

Monday, October 19, 2009 11:08 PM
i'd be interested in doing something like this too. seems simple enough.
let me know how that works out for you... am subcribing

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 12:20 AM
sub'd

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 6:00 AM
will do, i still would like so hepl getting the mirror apart with out breaking it

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 7:33 PM
i'd say go to a junk yard and pull one off. don't know if you have power or manual but get an extra one and play with it.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 7:05 AM
thats what i was thinking, ill keep you guys posted

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 7:50 AM
if u move the lense to the inner side opening up a gap on the side fartest from the car(the edge of the mirror housing) then u can use a little flat head screwdriver there are clips molded to the mirror and they just click in. just need to seperate them a tad to get it off.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:57 PM
i check that out thanks, im goin to try and get started on it this weekend

Saturday, October 24, 2009 1:35 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350268654720&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
just bought some 12v heaters, mirrors come apart a go back together very easy, ill keep you guys posted when they come in

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:41 PM
heaters came today, im hopin to get after it this weekend

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 12:59 AM
updates?

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 9:23 PM
Hey guys sorry it took so long i did them that weekend i just got lazy with putting the stuff online. just did it tonight, not super detailed but hopefully it will help you guys out here is the link

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2939371/2

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search