PA Inspection stickers... Why?? !!! - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PA Inspection stickers... Why?? !!!
Tuesday, May 04, 2010 7:20 AM
Hey all,.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this...

My inspection stickers are falling off my windshield. I had to tape them back up.

Ive noticed several friends' cars are doing the same thing... so I wondering if maybe this was a statewide epidemic !!

I figure other states have different types of stickers, but everybody in PA has the same ones..

So, post up if youre inspection stickers are peeling off your window !!!

Re: PA Inspection stickers... Why?? !!!
Tuesday, May 04, 2010 8:56 AM
Every car i inspect is doin it i think they changed the glue its rediculous, i cant wait to get pulled over cause the cop thinks they're fake lol

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Tuesday, May 04, 2010 9:41 AM
Yes! Mine is half way off, you can't even read the month anymore. I noticed this a lot when walking through parking lots. Seems the glue on the last year had an issue.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 10:42 AM
Mine have been ok, but both the inspection and emissions stickers on my girlfriends car are pretty much hanging by a corner..

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 11:53 AM
My gf's car is halfway off with a month left on the sticker. Possibly some way to prevent old stickers being left on?
Tuesday, May 04, 2010 12:23 PM
same here in NY. They stated they used a different glue because it was cheaper for our inspections and registrations.

My wifes registration has fellen off, my registration and inspection have fallen off.

The funny part is(at least in NY from what I hear) supposedly they can give you a ticket for having either a reg or inspection taped on. Apparently they think having to buy replacements every 2 months is the correct way to do things. Hmmm, maybe that's the intent.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 1:05 PM
J03Y wrote:same here in NY. They stated they used a different glue because it was cheaper for our inspections and registrations.

My wifes registration has fellen off, my registration and inspection have fallen off.

The funny part is(at least in NY from what I hear) supposedly they can give you a ticket for having either a reg or inspection taped on. Apparently they think having to buy replacements every 2 months is the correct way to do things. Hmmm, maybe that's the intent.

Unless things have changed, it's not so in PA. Many moons ago I needed a new windshield on my first car. They cut out the corner of the windshield with the stickers on it & told me to carry it with me if I got pulled over, I didn't get new stickers.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 2:19 PM
I might say both of mine fell off and use the new ones for my other car !!

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 2:22 PM
Yep, mine are falling off too on my new car...

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 2:23 PM
mine are coming off too...cheap ass stickers

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 3:26 PM
I always have my cam out, so here's mine

Sunfire is an 8/10

My Outback is hanging on pretty good, although it is due to be inspected this month. It sits 4-5 days most weeks, so maybe that's why it looks better? I drive with the windows down in both cars. Not sure of any other variables other than the person that put the sticker on & how they cleaned the windshield before they did it. Mmmmmm look at those pollen chunks!

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 3:32 PM
my moms sticker is fallen off also.
Tuesday, May 04, 2010 3:33 PM
yup mine are doing the same thing as pictured

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 5:47 PM
my cav stickers are the same as stargrrrl's.

I guess that's why they are launching the media attack to collect PA state income taxes. Or maybe that's where the aggressive driver enforcement income goes. Or maybe they spent the adhesive savings on fixing all the PA roads.

Oh wait... I just woke up...

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 6:52 PM
mine are doing this also on the vert

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 6:57 PM
mine doesnt do it!

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 7:55 PM
mines doing it as well. on both my cavs, and my 99 grand am.

Thursday, May 06, 2010 12:31 AM
so its settled PA inspection sticker=SUCK
Thursday, May 06, 2010 7:23 AM
Yep they start peelin within 2 weeks an if you clean your window forget about it lol

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Thursday, May 06, 2010 1:07 PM
Guess the inspection sticker on my Outback got all of the state's glue! That one hasn't peeled at all, as shown up there^^ Although now that I'm due for a new one, we'll see what happens.

Thursday, May 06, 2010 1:47 PM
my camaro sticker is doing it too

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Thursday, May 06, 2010 5:22 PM
i was wondering what the hell is going on lately. I'm an inspection mechanic... just inspected my car and not even two weeks after putting the sticker on it started peeling off. I've noticed all the new purple inspection stickers are starting to do it.

Monday, May 10, 2010 12:28 PM
mine is scotch taped on lol
Monday, May 10, 2010 12:44 PM
Same here. I was thinking that it had something to do with the windshield not being clean enough when the sticker was put on. My Jeep's sticker is still good. I was planning on scraping the windshield right before I leave to get inspected, but I guess it's just the stickers.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010 3:01 PM
My local news channel did a story on it

http://www.wgal.com/video/23514901/index.html

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search