Sat June 5th: JBO/Keystone GM Cruise to the Beach/Ocean City MD Car Show - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sat June 5th: JBO/Keystone GM Cruise to the Beach/Ocean City MD Car Show
Wednesday, May 12, 2010 4:50 PM
Alright, it's time for Keystone GM's June meet, and we're going to be cruising down to Ocean City, Maryland for the 2010 Car and Truck Show!

Show is Saturday, June 5th 10am-10pm, and Sunday, June 6th 10am-6pm
Admission: $20
Convention Center address:
Roland E. Powell Convention Center - 40th Street - Ocean City, Maryland
4001 Coastal Hwy.
Ocean City, MD 21842

Proposed route of travel will be 476 to 95 south, then 13s and 1s through maryland (approx 3 hour drive)

I would like to initially meet at the Hooters in King of Prussia, since that is a central location for all of us Keystone GM guys and we all know were it is. From there we can make a stop or two along the way to pick up more of the caravan if need be. That being said, I need to know where everyone will be coming from and about where you would intersect with this route. (Philly area guys, I'm thinking if you are just going to hop on 95 from the city instead of meeting at Hooters, we can merge right around where 476 and 95 intersect)

I hear there may or may not be some Northwest PA and Ohio JBOers heading to the car show, if you would like to caravan with us, let me know where you would merge with our route.

7:30am Saturday - Start meeting at King of Prussia Hooters
8:00am Saturday - Depart Hooters for OC..if you aren't here by 8am, we're not waiting around for you. Sorry.
11-11:30am - arrive in Ocean City, MD
12:00pm - LUNCH at Hooter's OC, MD (gotta keep the KGM tradition!!) *Hooters is about 4 miles from the convention center*
1:30pm - arrive at Ocean City Car & Truck Show

The rest I figure we'll play by ear...we can head out and grab dinner as a group when everyone is ready, or you can eat on your own. I am not organizing anything as far as hotel booking as some will want to stay over, some won't, so everyone is on there own for that one. I'm most likely staying the night, but not 100% sure. I would suggest booking a room asap as they will fill up fast.
(I would also suggest not booking with ANY properties tied to Harrison Halls, we had a horrible experience with their staff and management recently)

The Ocean City Air Show is also the same weekend, so if you get bored with the car show there is also that taking place, as well as all the bars, etc. If I stay over, I'll probably check out the Air Show on Sunday.

So here is what I need from everyone, if you are coming along, add your name to the list, and if you'll be meeting at Hooters KOP, or somewhere along the way (and where on the route would be best to meet)

1. Matt (evilution) - KOP Hooters

Re: Sat June 5th: JBO/Keystone GM Cruise to the Beach/Ocean City MD Car Show
Wednesday, May 12, 2010 5:53 PM
I'll be staying - just have to shop around for a room keeping in mind the advice above. if anyone else is set on staying and wants to KGM-rape a hotel, let me know

1. Matt (evilution) - KOP Hooters
2. Ryan (oldskool) - KOP Hooters

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:17 PM
I'll most likely stay the night if you wanna split a room...I may not stay all day on Sunday but I figure by the end of Saturday I'll be too tired/drunk to drive home, lol

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 11:35 PM
Actually scratch my above statement Ryan, I won't be staying...I just realized that I have something going on every day from fri-mon so I'll be heading home sometime sat night.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:51 AM
just depends on what happens with my work

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:15 AM
Damn another meet i cant make takin my camaros to a show in delaware

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Saturday, May 15, 2010 4:02 AM
BUMP!!

Monday, May 17, 2010 4:06 PM
i would but i have a 61 plymouth to buy

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:51 AM
I would so go...Two things Wrong....

Im leaving Thursday Afternoon

and two

That route is no where near me i may be able to meet you guys there if anything.... I go straight down rte 50 im directly west of OC.

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010 2:17 PM
((Super))KbRedCavy wrote:I would so go...Two things Wrong....

Im leaving Thursday Afternoon

and two

That route is no where near me i may be able to meet you guys there if anything.... I go straight down rte 50 im directly west of OC.

You should definitely meet up with us Saturday! 12pm if you want to meet us for lunch at Hooters, which is guaranteed to ALWAYS be a good time.

Thursday, May 20, 2010 7:35 AM
I am hopfully gonna be down there, i'm gonna try t get the scion inside the convention center.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Thursday, May 20, 2010 7:53 AM
Yea let me know, I'll pm you my number and you can just text me, Although i may be in the show all day sat. i can leave for a bit to have sum wangs and Beer

Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Thursday, May 20, 2010 10:10 AM
I will be doing my registration for the show tomorrow. Inside the convention center, won't have my car for a couple days, but thats no big deal.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Thursday, May 20, 2010 12:45 PM
((Super))KbRedCavy wrote:Yea let me know, I'll pm you my number and you can just text me, Although i may be in the show all day sat. i can leave for a bit to have sum wangs and Beer

Good deal, I plan on arriving at Hooter's around noon, so yeah, get me your number and I'll let you know when we arrive!

The01Cav wrote:I will be doing my registration for the show tomorrow. Inside the convention center, won't have my car for a couple days, but thats no big deal.

If you want to hit Hooter's with us, or grab some beers after the show, just let one of us know, I'm sure someone will give you a ride around OC

Friday, May 21, 2010 7:15 AM
Car is now officially registered and room is Booked.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Monday, May 24, 2010 8:30 AM
I will be there. Does anyone know how long it takes to get from baltimore to king of prussia?
Monday, May 24, 2010 1:06 PM
Kevin Mather wrote:I will be there. Does anyone know how long it takes to get from baltimore to king of prussia?

Id think I usualy make it from kop to baltimore in a little over two hours if I'm lucky with traffic...might want to check google maps to verify

Monday, May 24, 2010 1:13 PM
Just so everyone is aware, OC is also having a air show down there as well, So I don't know if that will make things any worse down there or not.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Monday, May 24, 2010 1:21 PM
The01Cav wrote:Just so everyone is aware, OC is also having a air show down there as well, So I don't know if that will make things any worse down there or not.

They claim there will be plenty of parking, etc....so I guess we'll see, lol

Monday, May 24, 2010 1:38 PM
was there one last year? i don't remember it being that bad

Monday, May 24, 2010 3:15 PM
I think a bus pass for the day will be a good investment either way . Beer flows by pitchers @ hooter's, not glasses

Monday, May 24, 2010 6:16 PM
oldskool wrote:I think a bus pass for the day will be a good investment either way . Beer flows by pitchers @ hooter's, not glasses

haha, agreed!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 9:19 AM
LOL X2, old oldskool!!!

Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:16 PM
BUMP!!

Next weekend is fast approaching! Who else is coming along/ meeting us there?

Friday, May 28, 2010 1:18 PM
ME! Yay Solstice! (Hopefully)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search