Sooo who wants to help with an eco swap?? - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sooo who wants to help with an eco swap??
Saturday, August 07, 2010 1:53 PM
Soo I just picked up a wrecked 02 lss that went into a ditch, there is slight frame/suspension damage but the motor runs perfectly only 42k on it. Being it is a complete car I will have everything needed for the swap, except for a radiator which I notice is a little dented in but never cracked soo motor never overheated. The only real cosmetic damage is the hood, bumper and fenders. Rest of the car looks pretty mint.

Soo basically anyone that wouldnt mind giving me a hand Id realy appreciate it and we could make a weekend out of it. Ill provide some money, beer/food, parts(which Ive got alot of aftermarket stuff hah) or whatever. Im gona shoot for prolly the weekend of August 20th, I took off a few days prior to that because the 18th is my birthday soo Ill be getting everything ready before the weekend. This will be done outside in my driveway, and main thing I have to work on is getting an engine hoist which I know I should be able to borrow from a few dif friends.

Ill be swapping a few other things over from the car as well like the full graphite interior, and prolly rear bumper/trunk but theres still plenty left if youre in need of anything. Soo if you come out and help feel free to pick through it, take whatever you want as long as its able to be rolled to the scrapyard.

I know theres some of you PA guys that could be very helpful and a few that already said they wouldnt mind lending a hand, the more the merrier right! But basicaly anyone willing just chime in and we can setup an exact date, and like mentioned all I need is an eco radiator if anyone has one.

Re: Sooo who wants to help with an eco swap??
Saturday, August 07, 2010 3:12 PM
sounds fun, i know jeffie needs to do a dual swap as well. maybe we can get all 3 cars together.. btw are youre using any of your ld9 stuff or is it up for grabs

Saturday, August 07, 2010 3:30 PM
Up for grabs, got alot of aftermarket ld9 stuff too

Saturday, August 07, 2010 5:49 PM
pm me a parts list, also anything not being used off the 02?

Saturday, August 07, 2010 7:10 PM
Im game mike. Text me details. I will request off right now.

Im game! Oh and BTW if anyones asking. LSS rims are mine! hehehe thanks mike!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, August 07, 2010 8:11 PM

Saturday, August 07, 2010 10:03 PM
Mike, if I am still not working by then, and have cash by some miracle, I will come help...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, August 08, 2010 4:26 AM
Traitor!!!

Have fun with the swap

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LG0/LD9 for Life
Sunday, August 08, 2010 11:57 AM
Yea lss wheels are spoken for lol.

Lol Jason, its just the easier option and honestly I dont even care anymore. Just need a comfortable daily driver for a while, too many other things going on in life to worry about. And Im sure whenever I do regain interest it'll get an m62 asap. Hah. Dont worry Im still workin on the head pics, gona clean it up a lil first but Im working on an updated for sale list. Doesnt help that Ive kinda been stuck inside covered in poison ivy for a few days

Sunday, August 08, 2010 12:22 PM
As long as I'm not working, I'll be down (I'll let you know as soon as I do).

Phil, If you want save gas money you can always ride down with me.

Sunday, August 08, 2010 9:23 PM
Sounds like you have plenty of help but if you need another hand let me know, im interested in the rear bumper, mine has a big frikin hole in it. how much do you want for it?

CarDomain http://www.cardomain.com/id/TMald123
Monday, August 09, 2010 5:08 AM
EVILution (Now with 4 doors!) wrote:As long as I'm not working, I'll be down (I'll let you know as soon as I do).

Phil, If you want save gas money you can always ride down with me.
I was going to say the same thing. Road trip?

Icemike89 i'd love to help and will let you all know availablilty when the date gets closer.

Monday, August 09, 2010 8:37 AM
Awesome sounds good Matt!

03 Cavalry, I plan to use the rear but I have a few other rears actualy. What are you looking for?

oldskool, any and all the eco experienced people I can get the better! Got alot of reading to do Im not sure the exact distance from all you guys, but Matts been down a few times to pick up parts soo cant be too bad of a drive lol.

Monday, August 09, 2010 8:49 AM
Phil's an eco swap whore who helped me big time throughout my swap weekend, and Matt helped me greatly too. I can say if you have these guys, your in great hands . Phil might take a dump on the LD9 and hump the eco a little, but this is to be expected

Monday, August 09, 2010 10:01 AM
Haha thats fine with me as long I grab my aftermarket stuff off the ld9 first

Theres a few things I plan to swap over but for the most part the eco is staying stock a while..TTR lower and trans mount,catback, prolly do external coils on it too but get msd coils/interface modules instead of the 2200 stuff from my ld9. I know a stock lsj exhaust manifold bolts up to the head, but anyone know if it bolts up to the factory l61 dp? Found a gmpp extrude honed manifold and for the price it would be worth it to swap right on with the eco out of the car hah.

Heres a quick list of some things Im looking for if anyone has any laying around..
Eco radiator
Maybe an eco upper motor mount, stocker looks ok but I wouldnt mind an rks or ttr
Some kind of intake, nothing expensive as I can make something easily with my battery relocated

Monday, August 09, 2010 10:15 AM
i gotta see whats what. but might make for a nice trip down think its a short ride. i can prob even bring down the living eco swapped j. one of my many swaps hehehe.keep me posted as to whos all coming n the details.

Monday, August 09, 2010 10:20 AM
oh oldskool keep me posted maybe we can car pull down in mine n u can read what she does im curious.

Monday, August 09, 2010 12:21 PM
Do you have anymore LSS rears? i guess i could make a z24 rear work. i just want one with a lip. PM me some pics of what ya got.

Friday, August 13, 2010 5:57 PM
Sorry cavalry the rear I have is already spoken for.

Soo anyone free next weekend? I have off wed-sund next week soo gona try to get the ld9 out soo I can prep/paint the bay and then drop in the eco in the weekend, could realy use some help from some eco guys And I know one of you guys gotta have an eco radiator lol

Friday, August 13, 2010 7:54 PM
I have an eco rad....BUT IM USING IT!!! hahaha And i have off from wed-saturday. Sooo im game!

Saturday, August 14, 2010 5:52 AM
Well I just got a weekend job, so I am probly out. But you can always call and if I can answer I will.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, August 14, 2010 7:07 AM
Good to hear about the job phil!

Monday, August 16, 2010 8:19 PM
Dang i was really interested in getting a rear bumper outta this, i would still proboly come help you with this cuz i got sat and sunday off work, but my parents want me to come visit and my uncles comming into to town so i said i would be there. He wants me to work on his cavalier ha ha. Hes got a LD9 Vert and wants it to be faster. Anyone know where i can pick up a M45 Kit?

Monday, August 16, 2010 8:32 PM
I have a eco rad i wanna sell. pm me!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search