neon rear brake coversion for sunfire/cavalier - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
neon rear brake coversion for sunfire/cavalier
Sunday, January 30, 2011 2:55 PM
Ok guys I know there was a question on one of the forums before about seeing if someone out their is willing to make the brackets and everything needed to make this conversion for rear disc brakes I have a guy willing to make any brackets needed I just gotta take my car up along with stock neon brake parts up and he will fab up and make direct kits to fit on the j's as soon as I go up their and he gets one made I will let you guys know on a price.

Re: neon rear brake coversion for sunfire/cavalier
Monday, January 31, 2011 5:24 AM
Interested

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Monday, January 31, 2011 5:27 AM
Interested as well holla

Monday, January 31, 2011 10:21 AM
I'm interested as well, as long as it is comparable to the "original" neon disc swap - i.e. retains ebrake system, no major modification to install, ect..

Monday, January 31, 2011 10:29 AM
oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:I'm interested as well, as long as it is comparable to the "original" neon disc swap - i.e. retains ebrake system, no major modification to install, ect..

The more "bolt on" the better.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, January 31, 2011 6:32 PM
oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:I'm interested as well, as long as it is comparable to the "original" neon disc swap - i.e. retains ebrake system, no major modification to install, ect..

x2

Monday, January 31, 2011 8:41 PM
x4

Monday, January 31, 2011 8:53 PM
x∞

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 6:28 AM
I always know people looking for parts or whole setups......

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 10:45 AM
Im down

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 2:35 PM
John Benham wrote:I always know people looking for parts or whole setups......

Yea i need just a set of brackets unmachined would be best. you got any?

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 3:37 PM
SO_hardcore wrote:
John Benham wrote:I always know people looking for parts or whole setups......

Yea i need just a set of brackets unmachined would be best. you got any?

y, the last set you got unmachined didnt work out the best....lol

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 3:45 PM
back yard machinist ftl. real machine shop threw work = win.
Wednesday, February 02, 2011 3:44 PM
i'm in too!
Friday, February 04, 2011 10:26 PM
Ok well I should be meeting up with him in like the next week or 2 to make something up that will bolt on to your car using the rear caliber system but it will be something that will be direct bolt on no drilling holes except for if e-brake lines but nothing that will have to do with drilling stock neon brackets so it will be 10 times easier.
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 8:20 PM
step on it

Thursday, February 10, 2011 7:45 PM
Lol ok guys the guy that will be making the kits is working on it for me just got it to him yesterday.
Thursday, February 10, 2011 7:48 PM
dont disappoint us......make an awsome kit.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 8:05 PM
I will guys an easy bolt on kit no drilling to put all that on except for the hole for the e brake cable.
Thursday, February 10, 2011 10:17 PM
Three questions...

1) is the guy just taking neon/daytona/etc brackets and machining then so everything can be sold as a package..or is he actually fabbing up custom bracketry? If the latter, what are they being made of (steel/aluminum...grade, etc)?

2) will this set up still need washers to space out the backing plate, or are they going to be machined with that taken into account?

3) ballpark price range?

Friday, February 11, 2011 7:20 PM
They are gonna be fabled with steel I believe and the kit will be a bracket supplement for the none system so all u need is the rotors caliber and the lines if I do it right I may even get it all and sell it as a complete kit dunno which route I am gonna go yet but price will vary depending on which route I go... or what route everyone wants to do it..

Friday, February 11, 2011 9:46 PM
I would definitely be interested in a "bolt on" bracket/backing plate assembly (pending on the manufacturing quality/welds/etc)...I already have calipers, so if you can get a bracket/backing plate assembly that is more cost efficient than machining actual neon brackets, then count me in.

Id say your best bet on marketing these is going with the bolt on bracket/backing plate...and let the rest of the kit up to the buyers, the lines/cables are already cheap even via dealer, and calipers are a dime a dozen in junkyards. Finding the brackets and getting them machined is usually the hanging up in the swap so I think people would buy up just the brackets real fast.

Saturday, February 12, 2011 2:38 PM
EVILution (KGM Godfather) wrote:I would definitely be interested in a "bolt on" bracket/backing plate assembly (pending on the manufacturing quality/welds/etc)...I already have calipers, so if you can get a bracket/backing plate assembly that is more cost efficient than machining actual neon brackets, then count me in.

Id say your best bet on marketing these is going with the bolt on bracket/backing plate...and let the rest of the kit up to the buyers, the lines/cables are already cheap even via dealer, and calipers are a dime a dozen in junkyards. Finding the brackets and getting them machined is usually the hanging up in the swap so I think people would buy up just the brackets real fast.

truth
Saturday, February 12, 2011 2:46 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:

The more "bolt on" the better.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, February 12, 2011 5:01 PM
Ok well then that will be what will be worked on the bolt on braketing with no drilling for the conversion..everything for the neon then will be direct bolt on to the j's then.. the guy who is working on this sponsors me and makes all kinds of custom suspension and direct bolt on pieces all the time so in turn he will keep prices low but won't just sell junk either everything will be tested and made sure of durability.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search