What's good to do in Syracuse, NY ? - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What's good to do in Syracuse, NY ?
Sunday, March 06, 2011 4:24 AM
I finally finished up my schooling and obtained my CDL class A ...Got a job driving for Swift And going to be leaving for Syracuse for a few days of orientation and was wondering what is good to do ?...I really don't want to sit in a hotel for 3 days and do nothing..Maybe see the sights or something.... Any ideas you guys/ gals can help with would be great..Thanks folks !!!

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
" Leave the rice to Uncle Ben's and the wings to KFC..
Go clean or go home. "

Re: What's good to do in Syracuse, NY ?
Sunday, March 06, 2011 4:38 AM
There is an awesome small deli just north of the fair ground(right next to a gas station).

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Sunday, March 06, 2011 9:38 AM
Are they a chain deli or a mom and pop place ?.... I'll have to check it out for my dinners.....

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
Go clean or go home. "

Sunday, March 06, 2011 10:13 AM
Pretty sure it is a mom and pop place.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Sunday, March 06, 2011 11:47 AM
Good..Just tired of chain restaurants...Plus it'll be on the 15th or the 29th ( still waiting for the exact date )...

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
Go clean or go home. "

Sunday, March 06, 2011 1:26 PM
well you got one big ass mall in cuse...if you like basketball you got the orange. other that that...nothing.. skiing too if yo ski but thats it

oh and get ready for a lot of snow... no bullsh!t
Sunday, March 06, 2011 1:55 PM
Matthew Smidowicz wrote:well you got one big ass mall in cuse...if you like basketball you got the orange. other that that...nothing.. skiing too if yo ski but thats it

??

There isnt a whole lot of snow left..

And Theres a ton to do in cuse. I mean granted its winter time. Are you staying in the city or do they have ya near the carrier circle? Check out dinosaur BBQ for dinner at least one night. Not my favorite place but its famous...

And you went to school to get your Class A?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, March 06, 2011 1:56 PM

Sunday, March 06, 2011 2:20 PM
I did go to school..did 20 weeks at NETTTS in Somers, CT...about and hour and 15 minutes from my house......I think I'm going to be staying at a Holiday Inn but not 100% sure...Thought about driving but we are down to 1 vehicle since I sold the Cavy ( looking at a Z24 down the road from me )

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
Go clean or go home. "

Sunday, March 06, 2011 2:54 PM
Holy @!#$, 20 weeks?

Yeah theres lots of Holiday Inn's, but its prolly the one off Carrier Parkway. East Syracuse.

That little island of hotels is like its own little city in it self. Its kind of nice I have stayed at the double tree and the holiday inn many times.

Since I don't know where your going to be for sure I'll just throw out some things I like to do when I stay over night.

Like I said Dinosaur BBQ is a must if its your first time in the city.

Find a Bar that Serves Middle Ages Beer. I think most do by now.

Head into the Irish part of town for some drinks and good food. PLus the Stop Lights are upside down. I like Colemans Irish Pub.

I like the Blue Tusk pub

If you want good mexican check out Jalapenos

Tons of good bars and food around the city, Id have alot more for you if it was summer.

Sunday, March 06, 2011 3:25 PM
LOL...20 weeks is the long course there...You get a lot more information and training than the short course.....Worth every penny to me.. i got a lot out of it for sure.....I'm making a list up of the places and not sure but drinking may be out of the question....was looking forward to a few good drinks

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
Go clean or go home. "

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 5:23 AM
Rosario wrote:
Matthew Smidowicz wrote:well you got one big ass mall in cuse...if you like basketball you got the orange. other that that...nothing.. skiing too if yo ski but thats it

??

There isnt a whole lot of snow left../quote]

Well add another 2 feet to that LMFAO..

hearing total snow for year is now over 170 inches making it one of the snowiest winters Syracuse has ever seen!

Thursday, March 10, 2011 5:53 AM
Damn!!!!!...We didn't get quite that much here in CT......ill be busing out on Monday then busing back out Friday morning.....waiting to hear what hotel and address today sometime

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
Go clean or go home. "

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search