trac-off light and engine light - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
trac-off light and engine light
Friday, June 10, 2011 9:33 PM
Ok I was talking to Matt and after talking to him I am still trying to figure out these 2 lights now.... Earlier tonight the trac-off light came on I checked for any broken or damaged wires but came up with nothing. Then I had a extra speed sensor for the passenger side so I put it on then disconnected the battery for about 15mins to reset the ecu ... Then I took the car out for a spin and the trac off came back on along with the check engine like I plugged in the obd II scanner to get a code for the Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High Input is what it reads the code as any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: trac-off light and engine light
Friday, June 10, 2011 9:35 PM
Btw this is on a 04 sunfire Eco auto trans and it has a few modes like headers and a short RAM intake and exhaust.
Saturday, June 11, 2011 8:46 AM
Is the car acting funny at all? shifting funny? loss of power?

Saturday, June 11, 2011 8:52 AM
Yes both shifting hard into gear , car hesitates , loss of power and throwing code p0113.
Saturday, June 11, 2011 8:53 AM
Also at times it revs up and down by itself
Saturday, June 11, 2011 10:05 PM
Ok little update replaced both front speed sensors and IAT sensor and the check engine light went off but still have a the trac off light on still trying to figure out some answers about this on going problem if anyone can help i would be more than happy with all help and suggestions.......
Sunday, June 12, 2011 10:24 AM
Throttle Postioning sensor. $39.99 at autozone.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 2:32 PM
Ok is that for sure
Sunday, June 12, 2011 2:34 PM
I just don't wanna spend the money and that not be it ya know.
Sunday, June 12, 2011 4:49 PM
$40 is a pretty cheap fix bud. I just recently had the same problem with my car, trac off light would come on, car wouldnt shift right, dealership said it was TPS, hasn't done it since. I can't guarantee it but i'd definitely try it unless you got a better idea.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 5:57 PM
sounds like when my fuel pump went bad.... acted like that somewhat

Sunday, June 12, 2011 6:17 PM
Well the other thing I have noticed is that the fan stays running even when the car is cold I just recently put a advanced auto parts thermostat in and noticed this problem sometime after
Sunday, June 12, 2011 9:35 PM
Well good luck.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 9:43 PM
Thanks yeah I tried the tps sensor now the IAT both front speed sensors and still have the trac off light on.
Sunday, June 12, 2011 10:30 PM
Idle air control?
Not sure it could affect anything to trigger the trac light, but a bad IAC will give you all sorts of weird idle problems

Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:32 PM
Hmmmm could I have gotten a bad iat or could it be a 02 sensor or pcm
Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:39 PM
One of the most confusing things that is happening is that the cel code for the IAT does not come on all the time only twice in. The last couple of days and I put another IAT in and it still came up again and the trac off light is driving me nuts cause the transmission then shifts really hard into gear.
Monday, June 13, 2011 10:13 PM
So today I had it scanned today to check the diagnoses of the problem here it said the IAT sensor and driver side wheel speed sensor replaced both about 3 different times and lights still keep coming back on and other suggestions would definently a huge help....
Tuesday, June 14, 2011 4:04 PM
Sotoday I got my car back from the shop to find out that all was wrong was a broken wire going to the IAT
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search