FOR SALE: 02 LS Sport Excellent Condition - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FOR SALE: 02 LS Sport Excellent Condition
Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:19 AM
Like pulling off a band aid…here we go…

For sale: 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport (ECOtec ~ 76,000 miles)

Factory features: Power windows, Power locks, Power mirrors, Fog lights, Keyless entry with alarm, Trunk popper button, Map lights, 6 speaker premium sound, Cruise control, Cargo net, Intermittent wipers, Tilt Wheel, ABS, Traction control, Dual 12V outlets, and Power Sunroof.

The good: Hasn’t seen winter since ownership at 23k miles. All fluids, filters, belts, and spark plugs are changed yearly with OEM or better parts (this includes full synthetic oils for the engine and transmission as well as brand name filters and belts). Yearly wax and rain-x treatment. Koni red shocks and struts have less than 15k miles. Tires have less than 3,000 miles. Rear drums have less than 3,000 miles. Rims have less than 15k miles (includes hubcentric rings). Brand new wiper blades. Brand new driver’s side power window motor. And of course, Clean title and NYS inspection passed as of May 2011.

The bad: Minor paint chips and dings from normal driving. Driver’s side floor mat needs replacing. Keyless entry will unlock only the driver’s side door (not both). Keyless entry will set the alarm but will not lock the doors. When turning to the right, a noticeable hum can be heard. There is no detectable change in drivability. The noise has been present from ownership and the car has passed NYS inspection every year suggesting that whatever is generating the noise is not a safety risk. The charge pipe of the supercharger rubs the hood, this is purely cosmetic.

Included with the vehicle are: HP Tuners Pro (with 2 credit for this car, 2 used for a friends, and 2 credits remaining for another vehicle). A Car Cover valued at $225 found here: http://www.carcoverworld.com/lookup.asp?se=custom_car_covers&pc=noah. A CD with HPT files for stock and supercharger/transmission tuned will also be provided. Finally, all stock parts that I have will be included as well.

Modifications:

Engine:
RSM/Zspec Vortech Supercharger Kit (6psi)
*The most common issues with this kit were/are:
1) Oil leaking from the drive housing = I’ve upgraded the oil seal and bearing to eliminate this problem.
2) The belt slips at high rpms = I've managed to fit a belt that's 1 inch smaller than the one that comes with the kit. This belt is on tight and I see a full 6psi of boost.
3) No tuning = I've installed 370cc injectors and tuned the car with HP tuners
Ported Throttle Body (60mm)
370cc LSJ Injectors
HPT Tuned PCM
Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil
Royal Purple Full Synthetic ATF
Optima Red Top Battery

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:
Koni Red Adjustable Shocks and Struts
RK Sport Coilovers with H&R Springs
Prothane Control Arm Bushings
17" Exel Ennio Silver Wheels
225/45/17 Falken Ziex Z-rated Tires
GM Front Strut Tower Bar
Custom Rear Strut Tower Bar
Factory Front Sway Bar
Eibach Rear Sway Bar
PowerSlot Rotors
Hawk Performance Brake Pads
Russell Braided Brake Lines
Weaver Premium Synthetic Brake Fluid
'Teh Jeffie' 1/2in Rear Hub Spacers

Interior:
Custom Red and Graphite Seats
Dark Charcoal/Black Headliner
Red Neon Lights Under Dash
Black Cat Custom 140mph Gauges
Dual Gauge Pod
Boost Gauge
AEM Uego Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge
Matrix Red and Black Sport Pedals
Shortened Automatic Shift Knob
HyperWhite LED Map and Dome Lights
Sunfire HVAC (lights up red)
Sunfire Power Window Switch (lights up red)
Red LED Shifter Bulb

Exterior:
Wings West W-Type Ground Effects Kit
Clear Corner Lenses
95-99 Tail lights
"Supercharged" Third Brake Light Cover
Shaved Emblems
Black Painted Calipers and Drums
Antenna X Shorty Antenna
9007ST Silverstar Headlight Bulbs
880ST Silverstar Foglight Bulbs
HyperWhite LED License Plate Bulb

Audio:
10" 500 Watt Alpine Type E Sub
250W Alpine Monopower Amp
Q Logic Subwoofer Truck Box/Enclosure
True 6 Speaker Premium Monsoon Sound System
Pontiac Monsoon CD/MP3 Player
Dynamat Insulated Trunk
Big 3 Wiring Upgrade

Miscellaneous:
Locking Gas Cap
Whistler 1730A Radar Detector
Custom "Ecotec 2.2 Supercharged" Emblem
"Mobil 1 5w-30 Factory Fill" Oil Cap

PICS!

Why I’m selling this car: As I drove into work/school this morning I had the sunroof popped open, the windows down, the music blaring, and the supercharger growling. The sun was out and it was an absolutely gorgeous day and all I could think about was: “Do I really want to do this?”. I’m not going to sugar coat it, there is a big part of me that really doesn’t want to let go of this car, but the reality is I’m past the days where a lack of responsibilities affords me the opportunity to spend my money modifying and/or maintaining two cars (summer vs. winter). I’ve considered holding off on modifying for a while, but there is no escaping routine maintenance on two vehicles. Not to mention that the demands of pursuing a doctorate in biomedical research leaves me so little free time that even trips to the insurance company and DMV twice a year every year become a burden. Additionally I’ve managed to pay off a substantial chunk of my undergraduate loans and if I ever want to pay off the rest, I’m going to have to make sacrifices. I’m also fortunate enough to have another clean, well maintained J, thus I can part with the more valuable of the two. I can’t wait for the days when I’ve completed my education and am established to the point where I can come back to the scene and pick up where I left off.

I’ve laid it all on the table. What you see is what you get. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to PM me.

PRICE = Best Offer

Thanks for looking!

Re: FOR SALE: 02 LS Sport Excellent Condition
Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:38 AM
Pm Sent

Looks great!

Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:41 AM
Sad sad day....Good luck.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:59 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Sad sad day....Good luck.

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, June 30, 2011 2:06 PM
if you should decide to part i'll take suspension

Friday, July 01, 2011 5:05 AM
Mark, you've been PM'd back.

the Jew wrote:

You guys are not making this any easier lol. But, thank you for the good luck wishes.

blucavvy wrote:if you should decide to part i'll take suspension

The only way parting out would be feasible is if people paid for what they wanted in advance, drove here, removed the parts from my car themselves, and swapped in their stock parts. Otherwise the cost to put everything back to stock, in both time and money, wouldn't be worth it. This is especially true when taking into consideration I'm selling the car due to a lack of time and the desire to put as much money as possible toward the remainder of my student loans. We'll see how it goes.

Friday, July 01, 2011 7:58 PM
50 bucks!
ill pick it up tomorrow?

the car is clean man! good luck selling!

Saturday, July 02, 2011 10:18 AM
beautiful car. now I know what my side skirts are supposed to look like

Sunday, July 03, 2011 7:04 AM
Smoosh wrote:50 bucks!
ill pick it up tomorrow?

the car is clean man! good luck selling!

lol. For you Dan, $25 and a blue Mini and we'll call it a deal

Mike Demo wrote:beautiful car. now I know what my side skirts are supposed to look like

Thanks Mike!

UPDATE The supercharger kit is no longer on the car. I had a really bad oil leak the other day. Turns out the it was leaking from the oil feed. In an attempt to fix it, the brass fitting snapped off leaving the threads in the block. Luckily I was able to get them out. Because the fitting is a special part, no place locally had it in stock. The whole ordeal prompted me to re-evaluate the worth of this kit. Indeed, upon further investigation I was also leaking oil (albeit much much less) from the charger itself and the pulley housing. It doesn't matter how much power you make, if you going to refer to something as being in "excellent condition" then any fluid leak is unacceptable. Additionally I want the person who buys the car to be 100% confident of the quality of the car they're buying. Therefore I made the executive decision to remove the kit, and re-calibrate the PCM to a non-boosted state. The battery relocation, the LSJ injectors, the boost gauge, and the AEM UEGO, are hooked up and 100% functional. Those, combined with the HP Tuners Pro, leave the car poised for another boost set up (i.e. turbo or GM supercharger). Obviously, no longer being boosted will change the value of the car and I will take that into consideration when reviewing offers.

Happy 4th of July weekend everyone!

Monday, July 04, 2011 8:58 PM
ugh I wish I had the money man

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 10:09 AM
Make an offer Phil . It'll be at least until the end of the month before I decide the fate of the car.

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 12:55 PM
I have 200$ to my name, been out of work since end of may due to an injury lol

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 2:42 PM
Wow that sucks. I hope things get better for you man. You're a good guy and I hate to see good people down on their luck.

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 4:08 AM
GLWS! I'm sure you will have no problem finding it a new home, looks like it was very well taken care of.

Sunday, July 10, 2011 11:31 AM
UPDATE: Mini Part Out! As I've mentioned above, I've removed the Vortech supercharger kit. As a whole, the kit is worthless to the J community due to RSM's reputation/history, BUT individual parts are of great value for those with custom boost builds! The charger itself has many applications over many platforms, so that's going on eBay. Everything else I offer to you:

-4AN oil feed line MAKE AN OFFER
Misc. Vac/Boost T's and lines MAKE AN OFFER
K&N 3inch cone filter and/or breather filters Filter will be cleaned before selling. MAKE AN OFFER
Custom intake elbow MAKE AN OFFER
Misc. Fittings (sold as the collection you see) MAKE AN OFFER

Custom Charge Pipe: comes with 90o elbows, fits over stock TB, mates to a Vortech BOV, also includes a screw on IAT sensor (see pictures below) MAKE AN OFFER

BOV adapter/coupler MAKE AN OFFER

Vortech 12:1 Fuel Management Unit (FMU). Includes fuel lines pictured. Retails for $150. MAKE AN OFFER

STOCK Ecotec Throttle Body MAKE AN OFFER

Vortech BOV. Retails for $225. Mates perfectly to the charge pipe listed above. MAKE AN OFFER

Clickable thumbnails:
[URL=http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii148/theinfamouseco/Misc%20Turbo%20Parts/?action=view¤t=SD532402.jpg][/URL]
[URL=http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii148/theinfamouseco/Misc%20Turbo%20Parts/?action=view¤t=SD532398.jpg][/URL]
[URL=http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii148/theinfamouseco/Misc%20Turbo%20Parts/?action=view¤t=SD532395.jpg][/URL]
[URL=http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii148/theinfamouseco/Misc%20Turbo%20Parts/?action=view¤t=SD532391.jpg][/URL]
[URL=http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii148/theinfamouseco/Misc%20Turbo%20Parts/?action=view¤t=SD532387.jpg][/URL]
[URL=http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii148/theinfamouseco/Misc%20Turbo%20Parts/?action=view¤t=SD532385.jpg][/URL]
[URL=http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii148/theinfamouseco/Misc%20Turbo%20Parts/?action=view¤t=SD532383.jpg][/URL]
[URL=http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii148/theinfamouseco/Misc%20Turbo%20Parts/?action=view¤t=SD532381.jpg][/URL]
[URL=http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii148/theinfamouseco/Misc%20Turbo%20Parts/?action=view¤t=SD532378.jpg][/URL]
[URL=http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii148/theinfamouseco/Misc%20Turbo%20Parts/?action=view¤t=SD532377-1.jpg][/URL]

Make an offer on what you like. Approximate at least $10 for shipping for bigger items.

Im still accepting offers for the car as well. Thanks for looking!

Sunday, July 10, 2011 11:33 AM
UGH. Preview has failed me! Bigger pics below!

Sunday, July 10, 2011 5:08 PM
Is that an eco throttle body elbow?! I need that if it is!!!

Name your price man. I see make offer, but I'm not sure what would be appropriate.

Sunday, July 10, 2011 7:49 PM
Hi Chris. I don't know if the elbow will fit over the stock throttle body. I'll check for you. I definitely know it won't clear the throttle cables. You're welcome to try it out first. One of these afternoons some time this week you can roll by my school (Albany Med) and we can test it out. If it fits nice for you, you can give me whatever. I don't want much for it.

Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:12 PM
Sorry Chris, the elbow doesn't fit over the stock TB. I may have something that will suit your needs, but it'll be awhile before I put it up for sale since it is currently what I'm using for my air intake lol.

Monday, July 11, 2011 1:48 PM
Haha no worries man, I can wait. I've waited this long!

So curious as to why your selling the car?

Monday, July 11, 2011 3:52 PM
I just can't do it anymore my friend. Long story short, you might think alternating between two cars and driving each only half the year would mean half the cost, but the reality is it is double the maintenance, double the trips to the DMV, double the trips to the insurance company, and double the NYS inspections. While that all might seem trivial, the demands of my schooling are so great that any time, energy, and money not spent toward my education detracts from it, and that has huge consequences. Additionally, I'm on the verge of paying off the last of my student loans and being debt free, but to do that I'm going to have to make sacrifices. I'm very fortunate, I've got two beautiful J's. The smartest thing I can do right now is sell the more valuable of the two. Though, the more I drive this car, the harder its getting to let it go. It's one of those things where you know its the right thing to do, even though it doesn't feel like it. Besides, when my life settles down, I can always comeback to the J scene. You're a good example of that lol.

Monday, July 11, 2011 3:57 PM
Selling the more valuable J? You mean you have one that's even further from being stock? The closer to stock a car is, especially one like this, the more its worth. Unfortunately its how it is.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Monday, July 11, 2011 6:19 PM

Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:Selling the more valuable J? You mean you have one that's even further from being stock? The closer to stock a car is, especially one like this, the more its worth. Unfortunately its how it is.

You think so? I mean for the general public yes, but do you think the same holds true for a J enthusiast? My other car is clean and has the look of an LS Sport, but other than that it has power nothing and 110,000 miles. Even though its essentially in stock form, its not as valuable as this car. Do you think people on here would pay what this car is worth in stock form if it were stock? I put it up for sale here, and only here, for 3 reasons: 1st I don't want to sell it in my home town because doing so would spell the death of the car. The 'tuning' crowd around here would buy it, beat it, and be done with it and I don't want to watch that happen (out of site out of mind). 2nd It would take far too much time to part out and put back to stock and that would defeat the purpose of selling it. 3rd I honestly don't want anything for the modifications. I'd literally give it all away with no added cost to someone who made an offer that approached at least the cars trade in value. I figured someone on here would look at all that's offered and scoop it up. It's still early. I'll wait and see how things pan out, but now I'm curious, would you (or others) be more inclined to buy the car if it were stock?

Monday, July 11, 2011 6:32 PM
I'd be more inclined to buy a modded car if I was building a race car, because I could get it for less and I'd be ripping everything out anyways and might make a buck parting it out. But thats enough for @!#$ting on your sale thread.

And I mean who here hasnt learned their lesson with their first cavy, who'd buy another one. Lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 11, 2011 6:35 PM

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Monday, July 11, 2011 6:33 PM
I really do understand what you mean man, I really do.

And yes, I am a good example of that! Hahahaha. But i learned my lesson. I'm never leaving now.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search