KGM August Meet: Yuengling Brewery Tour - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
KGM August Meet: Yuengling Brewery Tour
Monday, August 01, 2011 2:11 PM
Saturday, August 27th we'll be heading to the Yuengling Brewery Co. in Pottsville, PA for a tour of the facility. Tour is FREE and from my understanding we get free beer samples! We will be going to the 12:00 noon tour and it lasts roughly an hour.

Anyone who would like to meet at my place (Leesport, PA) to caravan/carpool is more than welcome to, I'm leaving my house at 11am, so be here a few minutes before then. Anyone meeting us at the brewery, try to be there around 11:45-11:50. If you plan on meeting at my house and don't know where I live, PM or text me for my address. Also let me know ahead of time if you are meeting at my place so I know who to expect and don't leave without anyone.

Afterwards, we'll head back to my house for a BBQ for the remainder of the evening. Sounds like we may have a few small car related projects to work on as well. I'll be supplying food (probably burgers, hot dogs, chicken, etc), so if anyone would like to bring a case of booze or something along it'd be appreciated..it gets expensive for me always feeding fat kids at BBQs lol.
Our BBQs tend to run late into the night/early morning, so anyone who would like to crash for the night is more than welcome to, we have spare beds and plenty of couches, recliners, dog beds, and a comfy front lawn to pass out on.
If you're skipping the Yuengling Tour and just joining us for the BBQ, we should be getting started around 2:30-3pm.

Yuengling Brewery Co.
501 Mahantongo St
Pottsville, PA 17901-3016

So....who's ready to drink?!

Also, don't forget to start clearing out your schedules for the our big end of summer blowout, as of now I'm leaning towards to Sept. 17.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, August 01, 2011 2:15 PM

Re: KGM August Meet: Yuengling Brewery Tour
Monday, August 01, 2011 2:20 PM
Count me in! I think I'll come early and ride with you, Matt.

Monday, August 01, 2011 2:49 PM
Cavaclysmic04 wrote:Count me in! I think I'll come early and ride with you, Matt.

Sounds good man!

Monday, August 01, 2011 7:30 PM
Will the BBQ be a child friendly atmosphere? I'm somehow guessing that's a big NO lol

Monday, August 01, 2011 10:08 PM
Pinkcavy99 {Ashley} wrote:Will the BBQ be a child friendly atmosphere? I'm somehow guessing that's a big NO lol

Outside of booze being there, lol, i would say it's kid friendly. Some of our friends occasionally bring their kids along. No one ever gets out of hand or acts unruly...if someone does they'll be tossed out quickly.

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 4:16 AM
HMMMMMMMMMM

Yea I'll be the drunk there

Who's driving me

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 8:56 AM
I'll be at the tour wont be at the bbq gt a car show that friends of mine are puttin together an i think i'm helpin with parking lol

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Tuesday, August 02, 2011 1:12 PM
Pinkcavy99 {Ashley} wrote:Will the BBQ be a child friendly atmosphere? I'm somehow guessing that's a big NO lol

I wouldn't trust jeffie around any children, or your pets for that matter...

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 2:56 PM
I plan on locking up the cat somewhere that Jeffie can't find him...

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 3:26 PM
EVILution (KGM Godfather) wrote:

Outside of booze being there, lol, i would say it's kid friendly. Some of our friends occasionally bring their kids along. No one ever gets out of hand or acts unruly...if someone does they'll be tossed out quickly.

Maybe I can talk my other half into joining me with our daughter lol

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 5:00 PM
Just throwing out there that the roads up there are some of the worst I'be ever been on. The town is on the side of a big hill & there is only parking on the street. My husband & I did the tour last December. Lots of steps. Choice of 1 small sample at the end. Also, my gps tried to take me down roads that didn't exist anymore, which made me explore really funky roads, I was very happy to have driven my Outback that day. Driver beware. Fun tour though, just wanted to give a heads up on what I learned by going

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 6:24 PM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:HMMMMMMMMMM

Yea I'll be the drunk there

Who's driving me

i always wanted to go to the brewery...

lemme ask the wife

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 7:18 PM
stargrrrl wrote:Just throwing out there that the roads up there are some of the worst I'be ever been on. The town is on the side of a big hill & there is only parking on the street. My husband & I did the tour last December. Lots of steps. Choice of 1 small sample at the end. Also, my gps tried to take me down roads that didn't exist anymore, which made me explore really funky roads, I was very happy to have driven my Outback that day. Driver beware. Fun tour though, just wanted to give a heads up on what I learned by going

Thanks for the heads up! I'm pretty familiar with Pottsville though, so I'm sure we'll be good!

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 7:52 AM
Sounds like i should leave the cavy home, take the caddy, then go back home get cavy an go to show lolz

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Wednesday, August 03, 2011 1:25 PM
z28guy wrote:Sounds like i should leave the cavy home, take the caddy, then go back home get cavy an go to show lolz

Sam you can leave cash cav at my place and carpool up.

Thursday, August 04, 2011 4:47 AM
Hmm sounds like carpool FTW.

And Ashley, it's pretty kid friendly. Just keep her clear when we need to chop wood for the camp fire lmao.

Thursday, August 04, 2011 9:29 AM
Ooo i like the car pool idea, i gotta be at the show by 330 to help set up an get all the cars parked. i'll let you know when it gets alittle closer if i'm bringin the cash cav or jus drive the caddy up

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Sunday, August 07, 2011 9:48 AM
WILL BE THERE

Sunday, August 07, 2011 10:14 AM
^^^^winning

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Monday, August 15, 2011 10:28 PM
Ok, the date is quickly approaching little ones...

Who is planning on meeting at my house to ride up to the brewery. I'm assuming Sam and the two Ryans. Who else?

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:59 AM
I'll be at your house the night before, I demand a nice spot in the bed

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:43 AM
Haha i am unless my kid comes then i'll jus follow in the caddylac

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:38 AM
So I'm sick of working on my car.

$100 to the first person to get here and have it driving.

Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:36 AM
Whats wrong with it

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:33 PM
Beer time is almost here!!

Just remember, if you're meeting at my place to carpool to the brewery, be here by 11am as we're leaving promptly. Also, depending on how many are carpooling I'll need a volunteer to drive. I currently have room for one more passenger (or 2 if you wanna cram 3 people in the back of a J).

Sam, as of now there is a chance of rain...you still going to your car show if that's the case, or hanging out for the BBQ?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search