PA Inspection stickers... Why?? !!! - Page 2 - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: PA Inspection stickers... Why?? !!!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010 3:11 PM
J03Y wrote:same here in NY. They stated they used a different glue because it was cheaper for our inspections and registrations.

My wifes registration has fellen off, my registration and inspection have fallen off.

The funny part is(at least in NY from what I hear) supposedly they can give you a ticket for having either a reg or inspection taped on. Apparently they think having to buy replacements every 2 months is the correct way to do things. Hmmm, maybe that's the intent.

Never heard of getting pulled over for having it taped. Last year with the problems they had, all replacements were free for both reg and inspection. I cleaned mine good before applying the new ones this year and they are def on there...

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 5:47 AM
Vehicle Safety Inspections

Please Note: Recently, some customers experienced a partially peeling safety inspection or emissions sticker on their vehicles. If a sticker is partially peeling, the sticker is still valid. There is no need for a customer to replace a safety inspection or emissions sticker that is partially peeling. However, if a customer chooses, they may ask their inspection station to re-affix or replace a partially peeling inspection sticker. An inspection station may charge for this service. Inspection stations that opt to charge for sticker replacements may charge no more than $4 to replace a safety inspection sticker and no more than $4.40 to replace an emissions inspection sticker. PennDOT is working with the product manufacturer to resolve the adhesive issue causing the partial peeling. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please be assured we are committed to correcting this quality issue as soon as possible.

Pennsylvania requires vehicle safety inspections to ensure that vehicles are maintained for safe operation. Safety Inspections can prevent vehicle failure on the highways and crashes that may result in injuries or death.

Vehicle safety inspections are performed at official PennDOT Inspection Stations (usually a repair garage or a service station with a repair shop). Inspection fees are posted at official inspection stations. These fees do not include repairs to correct vehicle defects.

Click on any of the links below to find information about vehicle safety inspections and other related information.
http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/inspections/safety.shtml

http://www.kyw1060.com/pages/7073800.php?contentType=4&contentId=6125778
Saturday, July 30, 2011 4:07 PM
Are anyone's 2011/2012 stickers doing this? My 2000 Cavalier has had a fresh sticker for ~1 month and it's already halfway off!(Expires 6/12)
Saturday, July 30, 2011 8:13 PM
wallzy41 wrote:Are anyone's 2011/2012 stickers doing this? My 2000 Cavalier has had a fresh sticker for ~1 month and it's already halfway off!(Expires 6/12)

i put about 19 newer stickers on cars the passed 2 weeks and i never hurd of any new stickers doing it

Saturday, July 30, 2011 9:21 PM
Weird, I've been cracking my window and haven't cleaned my windshield at all. I work at an amusement park, and 5 hours a day, it sits in the 100+ Degree sun. Would that have anything to do with it?
Monday, August 01, 2011 1:57 PM
stargrrrl wrote:Many moons ago I needed a new windshield on my first car. They cut out the corner of the windshield with the stickers on it & told me to carry it with me if I got pulled over, I didn't get new stickers.
Wait.... seriously??

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Monday, August 01, 2011 4:10 PM
JHand wrote:
stargrrrl wrote:Many moons ago I needed a new windshield on my first car. They cut out the corner of the windshield with the stickers on it & told me to carry it with me if I got pulled over, I didn't get new stickers.
Wait.... seriously??

well there could be a couple things
1.the people putting in the windshield doesn't have stickers to put on
2.you can go get new stickers for cheap

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 6:01 AM
I never would have thought that would be an option.

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Wednesday, August 03, 2011 11:59 AM
Yeah, it was just a little rectangle. I remember keeping it under the seat.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 7:29 PM
They peel becausse they are @!#$ty, just like everything else that has to do with PennDOT

Dan Trump

2004 Cavalier LS Sport - Victory Red
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 11:17 AM
Must be a PennDOT problem. My friend has a '99 Alero and his are doing the exact same thing. FWIW, my parents' 2008 Cobalt and '97 Plymouth Voyager are doing it too. Must be my area.

Monday, August 15, 2011 5:26 PM
Dan Trump wrote:They peel becausse they are @!#$ty, just like everything else that has to do with PennDOT

x2
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search