FOR SALE: 1999 Z24 - Fully built/Turbo - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FOR SALE: 1999 Z24 - Fully built/Turbo
Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:03 AM
I've owned this car for about 8 years now. I bought the car completely stock and it is originally a South Carolina car, it has never seen a single winter and in the time I have owned it I've probably driven it in rain maybe 10 times total. The car is stupid clean inside and out as well as the underside and suspension (if needed I will gladly take pics). The body of the car has right at 100k miles on it and the current built engine has maybe 10k on it if that.

I made the decision to build and turbo this car about 5 years ago and no expense was spared during the build as you can see from the mods list below. I loved the car and it is an absolute monster in terms of power (will break the tires loose at literally 90+mph) but I simply no longer drive the car anymore and have just lost interest... I have had it out a total of 2 times this entire season so it's time to either sell it or start parting it out to try to get back at least some of what I have into it.

Right now the car is tuned to run on both 110 octane @ 32psi and 93 pump gas @ 28psi. I also have a progressive methanol injection kit on the car that I just have not had the time to tune for this season. The tune on the car is very decent and driveability is what I would say close to as good as you will get with a car like this, no bucking, studdering, hanging idle issues etc. I have put NUMEROUS hours into tuning this car and doing my very best to get it dialed in to where I was happy with it, I have driven the car a few hundred miles in a weekend a few times for car shows and never had an issue but of course with that being said I am not a professional tuner so I have no doubt there could be more done with it if you so chose to do so.

I do not have any current dyno numbers for the car and I do not track this car, I built it simply as a street car that would handle all of the imports around my area and it does so with ease. The car did dyno about 3 years ago on a smaller t60-1 turbo, smaller injectors and 15psi of boost and put down 380whp/370wtq. My best guess right now on the current setup and its current boost levels would be upper 400's conservatively. Any questions please do not hesitate to ask and I will be more than happy to try to answer them.

I am looking for $8,500 for the car and the price is fairly firm so please do not attempt to low ball me as there is no point. I am simply making an attempt to sell the car as a whole first but if it does not sell I already have plans to part out the entire engine and turbo setup to return the car back to a stock engine and then sell it from there.

Engine Mods:
Fully built and balanced 2.4LD9 engine

-Engine bored .020 over
-9.0.1 Compression Wiseco Pistons (.020) overbore
-Custom Grind Camshafts - 7500rpm redline
-Fully built head w/ 1mm oversized valves, titanium retainers, valve springs, and fully ported and exhaust side polished
-Mantapart high rev lifters
-Eagle H Beam Connecting Rods
-Knife edged crankshaft
-Melling 2.3 HO Oil Pump Conversion
-Extensive oil galley porting
-ARP Head and Main Studs
-Cometic .074 Head Gasket
-Clevite 77 rod and main bearings
-Balance shaft removal
-Custom windage tray
-Fully polished HO Intake Manifold (Internally ported)
-62mm TB
-MSD Coils/MSD Wires
-Lightweight Interstate drycell battery
-Precision SC61 .82a/r turbo
-Custom Tubular Equal Length Turbo manifold with ext. wastegate (Fetter header)
-Tial 38mm wastegate
-Synapse BOV
-Vibrant Performance FMIC 28" x 7.5" x 3.5"
-2.5" Custom Charge piping (Aluminium)
-3" Custom downpipe (Stainless)
-Vibrant performance 2.75" stainless exhaust
-Bosch 1050cc Saturated Fuel Injectors
-Casper Billet AFPR
-Walbro 255lph In tank Fuel Pump
-Bosch 044 300lph inline fuel pump
-8AN braided fuel line from tank to fuel rail
-Jegs billet inline fuel filter
-GM 3 Bar Map Sensor (for progressive meth kit control)
-Hallman manual boost controller
-HPTuners custom tuned
-PLX-300 Tuner Edition Wideband
-Cruise control and a/c system removed

Transmission Mods:
-Custom swapped NVG T550 Transmission
-B&M Short Throw Shifter
-ACT Stage 5 4 puck solid hub racing clutch
-Custom front and rear tranny mounts with Poly inserts

Suspension/Brake Mods:
-Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs
-GM Performance front strut tower bar
-Baer vented/cross drilled front rotors
-Hawks HP pads
-Arospeed 17"x7.5" Hyperblack wheels
-Falken Azenis RT-615 tires on front, Hankook Ventus HR2 on rear

Exterior Mods:
-20% tint

Interior Mods:
-ProForm programmable shift light
-Dual gauge pod

President/Founder - 607 Motorsports

Re: FOR SALE: 1999 Z24 - Fully built/Turbo
Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:05 AM
sad to see this post but amazing ride GLWS

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:40 AM
what kind of struts?

Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:59 AM
blucavvy wrote:what kind of struts?

Just some KYB GR2's, handling was never really a major priority for me with this car, it rides pretty good and does not hit bump stop, struts are a couple years old.

Thursday, September 01, 2011 1:46 PM
Good luck dude...

I can't get half that for mine..

Thursday, September 01, 2011 6:58 PM
Like I said if it doesn't sell it doesn't sell I don't owe anything on the car and it's not a necessity for me to sell it but I figured i'd attempt to move it as a whole before doing a massive part out on it this winter.

Thursday, September 01, 2011 7:11 PM
Gorgeous car. HUGE props. Engine bay is dreamy.

Would be SUPER sleepy with stock wheels and normal bumper.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Thursday, September 01, 2011 7:20 PM
Beautiful car man. GLWS

Thursday, September 01, 2011 8:15 PM
Good luck with the sale man. She's a beautiful car.

Where bouts in NY you from?

Friday, September 02, 2011 6:59 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I am located in Horseheads, NY which is about 15 or so minutes from Watkins Glen, NY. Like I have mentioned I love this car and no expense or effort was spared while I built it but i'm at the point now where I just can no longer justify having the car take up space in the garage when I never drive or do anything with it. I'd rather have the car go to someone who will actually drive it, take care of it, and really enjoy it than have it sitting in my garage looking pretty. This is really the only place I am attempting to post the car for sale because I know it would take a true j-body enthusiast to understand what all has went into this car and potentially buy it.

Here are a few more pics of the car.

A late night tuning session

A couple more engine shots...

Friday, September 02, 2011 6:11 PM
Wow if I had 8500 I would without a doubt pick this up, even it being an LD9, absolutely fkn gorgeous

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, September 03, 2011 4:49 PM
Thanks man very much appreciated, i'm really hoping if it does sell it will go to someone who will take care of it how I have. I'm probably going to try to sell it for a couple months and then after that the part out will begin.

Saturday, September 03, 2011 5:06 PM
If u start to Part it out ill take the hole engine for my other car just let me know the price for it!!!!

boostedz24
Tuesday, September 06, 2011 8:52 AM
If you are serious about the engine shoot me a PM man, I am not opposed to doing a part out on it if I have buyers lined up for some of the big stuff

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 11:35 AM
Good luck with the sale. Always been a fan

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Tuesday, September 06, 2011 11:44 AM
Dang, hate to see it go

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, September 06, 2011 12:46 PM
Thanks guys as always very much appreciated. I really just have far too much money tied up into this car and at this point it's holding me back from working on other projects. I picked up a mint low mileage 2002 Camaro SS SLP car a couple months ago and this sale/partout will be funding that new project.

I also recently obtained another j-body from one of my best friends which i'm planning to daily drive. Some of you may remember it if you have been around since the old Race Tech days. It's a 94 Z24 with one of the first 3800s/c 5spd swaps they ever did... the car still only has 70k miles on it and the engine has maybe 25k

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 1:49 PM
GLWS damnit. I like everything you have done with it... and want it... but can't afford it. It is worth the price though.

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 8:06 PM
Damn I should sell the cobalt and pick this up...

Sunday, September 11, 2011 7:19 PM
Bumpin it up

Monday, September 12, 2011 1:18 AM
omg sex!
being an eco guy, i would not hesitate to buy this, the pictures reflect the time,money, and love put into this car.
GLWS sir!

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Monday, September 12, 2011 9:07 AM
Thanks man very much appreciated! I have definitely spent far too much time and money on this car but I have loved the process (for the most part) and I would really love the car to go to someone who will enjoy it and have some passion for the j-bodies. I would much rather sell the car as a whole than part it out because in it's current state it really is a very dependable, well running MONSTER of a car

Monday, September 12, 2011 9:41 AM
jimmyc99z24 wrote:Thanks man very much appreciated! I have definitely spent far too much time and money on this car but I have loved the process (for the most part) and I would really love the car to go to someone who will enjoy it and have some passion for the j-bodies. I would much rather sell the car as a whole than part it out because in it's current state it really is a very dependable, well running MONSTER of a car

i wish i had the cash to find out..haha
but i need a dd car, as im selling my cav aswell

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Monday, September 12, 2011 8:36 PM
jimmyc99z24 wrote:Thanks guys as always very much appreciated. I really just have far too much money tied up into this car and at this point it's holding me back from working on other projects. I picked up a mint low mileage 2002 Camaro SS SLP car a couple months ago and this sale/partout will be funding that new project.

I also recently obtained another j-body from one of my best friends which i'm planning to daily drive. Some of you may remember it if you have been around since the old Race Tech days. It's a 94 Z24 with one of the first 3800s/c 5spd swaps they ever did... the car still only has 70k miles on it and the engine has maybe 25k

Nicks car right? The red one right? Damn, I remember seeing that at the JCO show about 5 or 6 years ago. That thing is gorgeous.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:50 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:Nicks car right? The red one right? Damn, I remember seeing that at the JCO show about 5 or 6 years ago. That thing is gorgeous.

The original owners name is Andy, it was at the JCO show in Hamilton probably like 8ish years ago? That was actually before I myself even owned a j-body LOL. That show was a blast though!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search