1992 Subaru Legacy Wagon beater/fixer up/snow animal - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1992 Subaru Legacy Wagon beater/fixer up/snow animal
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 11:45 AM
Bought this leggy awhile back,drove it for a few months and the trans started to slip.so I parked and picked up another subaru.

Its a 1992 Legacy wagon,155;2.2 boxxer,auto,awd.All the general maintenance was done recently. Plugs,wires,oil,air filter,brakes all around,a few hoses,belts and the windshield was replaced(rock chip that wasn't seen until it was too late)

Bodys in great shap for how old it is,some slight surface on the skirts,whole car is undercoated.Interior is in good shape for its age.Slight tear in the seat and a gouge in the door sill.

Car runs great,has a ton of storage space and gets decent mpg for an awd auto.all it needs is the trans replaced or repaired. Im asking 1100 with the good tires that are on it(95 percent tread kumhos) or 750 without. Im not taking lowe balls,if it dosent sell i'll put the tires on my car and scrap the wagon(I don't want to,in to nice of shape)

PM or emails work(I get email right away on my phone) and I can email pics and im available to show the car weekends and weekdays after 5.

Schaffer1988@yahoo.com

Re: 1992 Subaru Legacy Wagon beater/fixer up/snow animal
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 5:44 PM
What is wrong with the trans?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 7:50 PM
seeing as how my car is totalled and I work at subaru now, i am as well unless we get something in on trade

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 8:59 PM
Not sure what is exactly wrong with the trans.

It slips and likes to catch when it wants to and wont always shift into 4th.

I had a line on a trans in treamont with a place that fixes and sells subarus. He wanted 150 for it.
I don't not have the time to fix it as I go to school full time.I can use the money and would much rather see someon
drive it.The condition is to good for it to sit in a scrap yard.

I could easily scrap it and keep the tires for my other subaru, but again id like to see it kept running.it has a ton of life left.

If anyone has questions PM me or email,a cell number is great.I can send pics from my phone and texting less of a hassle than PMs or trying to call somene.
Sunday, September 04, 2011 8:46 AM
Emails and PMs replied to.
Wednesday, September 07, 2011 3:03 PM
Price drop 500 without the tires....I put them on my other car,can provide 2 decent tires with tread on them depending what's laying at my buddies house.

Call or email works....if its not gone in a week ill scrap it.
Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:15 AM
Bump and price drop to 450
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:53 AM
pics and milage
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search