Parting out the Beast - Fully built LD9/Turbo Kit - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Parting out the Beast - Fully built LD9/Turbo Kit
Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:21 AM
Although I really did not want to do this it is time to part out the beast. I really need to get some funds to start working on my next project so with that being said I am parting out the car.

I am going to start off by trying to sell the entire engine as a whole and also the turbo kit as a whole. If this does not work I will end up breaking things up but that really isn't my preference. Also please cash only as I am getting out of the j-body game so I do not need any parts and I already have a replacement LD9 engine for the car ready to go back into it.

I pushed this setup north of 500whp and everything is in excellent shape. I can provide more pics if anyone wants anything specific. Thanks for looking!

Engine:
Fully built and balanced 2.4LD9 engine - Approx. 5k miles on this build

-Engine bored .020 over
-9.0.1 Compression Wiseco Pistons (.020) overbore
-Custom Grind Camshafts - 7500rpm redline
-Fully built head w/ 1mm oversized valves, titanium retainers, valve springs, and fully ported and exhaust side polished
-Mantapart high rev lifters
-Eagle H Beam Connecting Rods
-Knife edged crankshaft
-Melling 2.3 HO Oil Pump Conversion
-Extensive oil galley porting done by machine shop
-ARP Head and Main Studs
-Cometic .074 Head Gasket
-Clevite 77 rod and main bearings
-Balance shaft removal
-Custom windage tray
-Custom oil pan
-Fully polished HO Intake Manifold (Internally ported and matched to head)

Price: $2500 picked up or will meet someone within reasonable distance from area code 14845

Turbo Kit:
-Precision SC61 turbo
-Custom Tubular Equal Length Turbo manifold with ext. wastegate (Brandon Fetter header)
-Tial 38mm wastegate
-Synapse BOV
-Vibrant Performance FMIC 28" x 7.5" x 3.5"
-2.5" Custom Charge piping (Aluminium)
-3" Custom downpipe and catless test pipe (Stainless)
-8AN braided fuel line from tank to fuel rail
-Hallman manual boost controller
-Autometer CF Boost gauge
-All oil feed and drain lines and fittings

Price: $2500 + shipping

President/Founder - 607 Motorsports

Re: Parting out the Beast - Fully built LD9/Turbo Kit
Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:30 PM
id love to get the motor but no funds...well that much At least (just bought a tool box) good luck with sale!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:27 PM
is the 2500 for the motor itself...the motor plus electrics/gauges......or complete setup turbo/add-ons, ect? def an amazing piece of work from what i see,

age is one thing....experience is another, i'm not the greatest in the world, but I can do it, and I can do it right
Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:45 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:59 PM
For the $2500 for the engine you will get pretty much everything you see there in the pic, basically a fully assembled engine and accessories that is ready to bolt into your car. You get everything besides the fuel and ignition components, I would be willing to sell those with the engine if anyone wanted them as well but with an added cost.

The full turbo kit which bolts on directly is priced at $2500 as well... there's no way I would ever be able to sell both of these together for that price.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:15 AM
bump I really wanna move this stuff... at least the turbo kit as soon as possible so I can fund the new turbo setup for the Camaro

Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:05 PM
glws... im trying to sell 2500$ worth of @!#$ for $1200 and no biters...
Friday, October 21, 2011 9:41 AM
I hear ya man, i've had some biters for stuff but nothing too serious yet

Saturday, October 22, 2011 7:43 AM
Just out of curiosity what is the grind on the cams?

Monday, October 24, 2011 7:05 AM
Actually I would need to try to dig out the cam sheet I have for them. If I find it I will shoot you the specs via PM as I really don't want to put the specs out there publically.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 9:54 AM
I actually had the car out last night to drive it to my parents garage for storage for the winter... on my way there of course I had to get on it a few times and god damn the car is stupid fast. Broke the tires loose at about 85mph while playing around with a crotch rocket

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:46 AM
jimmyc99z24 wrote:Actually I would need to try to dig out the cam sheet I have for them. If I find it I will shoot you the specs via PM as I really don't want to put the specs out there publically.

Ok cool thanks

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 11:20 AM
Interested in the turbo kit

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Wednesday, October 26, 2011 12:52 PM
Shoot me a PM man and I will gladly answer any question you might have.

Thursday, November 03, 2011 10:00 AM
Bump for any interest, if you have offers please feel free to shoot me a PM with them. Do not lowball me but anything reasonable will be considered. I really want to move this stuff asap!

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:53 AM
Bump for a SALE! If someone is interested in the turbo kit now is the time to jump on it. I will take $2000 for the kit + shipping if you buy it before the end of the weekend (11/12/11) after that the price will go back up. Only reason i'm dropping my price this low right now is because I have an opportunity for a great deal on some turbo stuff for my Camaro and need the cash. If interested shoot me a PM asap

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 8:10 AM
i could have sworn you told me the motor was a 2.6 stroker....

also, are you selling the trans?

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Wednesday, November 09, 2011 9:14 AM
This was a different engine man, the old stroker I sold probably a couple years ago to a friend and we did an m62 build on it. This engine I used a number of parts from that old one and built it specifically for boost. Also not selling the trans, I am keeping the trans in the car for when the new "stockish" engine goes in.

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 10:51 AM
oh ok so ur keeping the car? if not please dont sell it with that NVGT550 w/ torsen in it!! lol id trade you a stock isuzu and cash for it if that was the case!

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 11:55 AM
No interest in the Isuzu I have went through 2 of those and will never go back. The NVG will remain in the car and my plan is to put it back to a mostly stock engine with some minor bolts ons and a tune and whatnot and then just daily drive it, maybe do a little autox with it for fun and then will probably sell the entire car down the road at some point for something closer to book value.

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 3:03 PM
well i offered the isuzu cuz i figured you were gonna sell it and didnt care, oh well.

hopefully the torsen is good after dd'ing it.

Sunday, November 20, 2011 3:58 PM
if you would take 4200 for the whole car i could do it. i hate to see her stripped but i can't spend more than I sold my cav replacement for or the wife will smack me in the gentleman vegetables.

Monday, November 21, 2011 9:07 AM
Mike (Needs Boost) wrote:if you would take 4200 for the whole car i could do it. i hate to see her stripped but i can't spend more than I sold my cav replacement for or the wife will smack me in the gentleman vegetables.

What? I had the entire car for sale for $8500 man... that's one hell of a low ball! LOL.

Would anyone be interested in buying the fetter header, turbo, DP, charge pipes, oil feed and drain lines, and the FMIC? You could then buy your own add on components whenever you wanted to make the kit complete but the kit itself would be all set to bolt on whenever you wanted. I would sell the listed parts above for a steal of $1200 bucks.

Again this would be just for the parts above in bold, you would need to get your own wastegate, BOV, boost controller, and boost gauge.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:30 PM
i wasn't expecting you to accept, I was merely showing my dedication to the stopping of the parting of such a great vehicle. If I did not in fact enjoy having functioning man parts I could see what the wife had to say about more

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:45 PM
jimmyc99z24 wrote:
Mike (Needs Boost) wrote:if you would take 4200 for the whole car i could do it. i hate to see her stripped but i can't spend more than I sold my cav replacement for or the wife will smack me in the gentleman vegetables.

What? I had the entire car for sale for $8500 man... that's one hell of a low ball! LOL.

Would anyone be interested in buying the fetter header, turbo, DP, charge pipes, oil feed and drain lines, and the FMIC? You could then buy your own add on components whenever you wanted to make the kit complete but the kit itself would be all set to bolt on whenever you wanted. I would sell the listed parts above for a steal of $1200 bucks.

Again this would be just for the parts above in bold, you would need to get your own wastegate, BOV, boost controller, and boost gauge.

this guy right here is highly interested.....

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search