Getting rid of the vert feeler thread. - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Getting rid of the vert feeler thread.
Saturday, January 28, 2012 6:58 PM
My vert broke down and I'm tired of it, so Im going to buy a Z24 instead of fixing the vert.

Its a red 96 convertible with 212k, 2.4, auto

What it needs:
Fuel pump(reason its broken down)
Trans mount...clunks a good bit and gives vibrations
Issue with coolant fan and alternator. Fan kicks on car stalls out. This could be bad fan, most likely a failing alternator.
Will need cat back exhaust installed. Im pulling the setup off the car, if the car I buy has ok exhaust I will try and install the stock stuff on the vert but it will definitely be included.
CEL bulb is burnt out, easy fix but I've been lazy.
Front seats and carpet are in rough shape due to leaking issues.
The body has a good bit of dents and dings and clear peeling issues.
A/C does not work, Blower motor only runs on high.

The Good
Engine runs strong (when fuel pump works)
Door panels and rear seat were replaced with the black/red speckle interior in good shape
NO famous dash crack
New top 2 summers ago, cost $1500(rear window piece is not new)
Tires have good tread.
New passenger side axle, its one of the good Cardone axles that actually holds up.
Has a 97 ecu and harness for use with HPtuners
Car would not leak if it were not for the weather stripping. I have brand new weather stripping which is about $450 to buy from a company, but Ill sell it to the buyer for $350 if they want it.

Honestly I dont expect to get much out of the car, but considering the top is relatively new I would like something for it. It would make a great car for an eco swap.

Cant get rid of until I find a replacement, which should be within a week or so.

Make me an offer.

Re: Getting rid of the vert feeler thread.
Sunday, February 05, 2012 9:56 PM
Sounds like its cheaper to fix it than replace it. Hit the junkyard up, its a vert you dont need ac and most of those parts will be cheap. Buy the fuel pump new though. If you cant do it all at once dont get frustrated. Take your time and start with the fuel pump first and go from there. Good luck.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search