LSJ intercooler filler neck - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LSJ intercooler filler neck
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:24 AM
Anyone have a stock one sitting around? I'm having a tough time tracking one down for reasonable money. Apparently you have the buy the cap and "tank" separate from any gm parts store.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Re: LSJ intercooler filler neck
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:31 AM
Email ZZP, they may have one lying around. That's where I got mine.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:44 AM
Will do, thanks.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:21 AM
Luke what did you pay for yours from ZZP?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:21 AM
I paid $20 shipped

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:29 AM
20 shipped? They want 50 shipped from me...

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:54 AM
I bought all my supercharger stuff from them...that may be why. I think you can get it new for that

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:00 AM
Sux i bought a lot from them too. And yeah that's the going price from most online parts stores. Hopefully another member will chime in with an extra. Tried css but no one seems to have one right now.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:55 AM
Looks like I found one in Canada for about 20 shipped. Sniped a post I found from a year ago and boom!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:06 PM
Good to hear you found one...dont know why zzp wanted to inflate the price so much

Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:17 PM
Yeah I dunno maybe they're running out, Ive never seen one in a yard and most places sell the cap and bottle separate. I found it by dumb luck too. I google searched and found a year old thread from css with someone saying they had a whole bunch and willing to basically give them away for shipping costs. E-mailed them out of nowhere and bingo. Ridiculous that I can ship it here from Canada cheaper than from ZZP though...

Anyway if anyone needs one for arounf 20 bucks e-mail Gloria at gloria@powellraceshop.com. Just be prepared for it to come from Toronto.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:56 PM
I didn't see this earlier i would've said you could have mine for the price of shipping as soon as i get a tank to replace mine.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:46 PM
Matt i KNEW you were going to say that right after I bought one! I almost PMed you since I could pick it up on the way home sometime. Oh well 20 bucks doesn't hurt too bad..

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:09 PM
I am running a tank off a Mustang Cobra and it is alot nice than the stock Cobalt piece.

Friday, February 01, 2013 7:51 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:I am running a tank off a Mustang Cobra and it is alot nice than the stock Cobalt piece.

Yeah this is another quick fix. Currently I have a T-fitting with a screw cap on the top to fill it up. It doesn't have any way to release pressure so there's always a certain amount of air in the system for expansion/contraction and I'm thinking it's just not good for anything in general. I have a trunk mount battery kit and I'm planning on an icebox in it's place under the hood that can double as the reservoir. But since it's going to be awhile until I get all that done I'm thinking this is the best fix for 20 bucks. Just don't want to hurt the pump or blow a hose off or something.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, February 02, 2013 4:33 PM
The nice thing about the Cobra tank over the LSJ filler neck is that i went from wondering/hopeing that my system was filled to knowing it was.

I do have Airtonic's old ice box that i could be talked into letting go of...

Saturday, February 02, 2013 8:16 PM
You sir, have a pm. I know what you mean about air pockets, its a guessing game and constantly something I'm worried about. My current setup is 100x worse than the lsj piece though trust me. I'll snap some pictures when I get a chance.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search