Ninja got some low - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ninja got some low
Monday, May 20, 2013 7:15 AM
Yea boy!
KYB GR-2/Excels & Intrax Springs
1.7 front
1.4 rear

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]

Re: Ninja got some low
Monday, May 20, 2013 7:26 AM
Looks great man welcome to the scrape on everything club!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, May 20, 2013 7:37 AM
Lmao yeah i cant wait till i put the 17's on and go a half inch lower =D

Monday, May 20, 2013 10:17 AM
....... How wide are the rear tires stick out farrrrr
Monday, May 20, 2013 10:45 AM

=D

Monday, May 20, 2013 10:47 AM
Debating if i wanna put the fronts on or not when i put my 17's on. Might mess up the ball joints due to the scrubbing zone...

Monday, May 20, 2013 5:55 PM
you do realize that gr2's arnt made for lowering springs? i used to have them on my car and the rears were shot in less then a year i was lucky they didnt blow out on me and cause an accident.

Monday, May 20, 2013 6:35 PM
Thats odd cause i got the total opposite info... I was told they can handle an inch, these intrax springs go for like $300+ new so i believe they are beefy enough for me not to bottom out, so idk man in happy with them at the monent. Thx for your feedback.

Monday, May 20, 2013 7:48 PM
I blew my gr-2 s in 4 week on prokit

Modding my j since I found the org
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:01 AM
Yea, GR2 are stock replacement and not designed for a drop. It is all over this site. AGXs are the ones you need.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:01 AM
Ugh wtf....

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:08 AM
Ninja Bling wrote:I was told they can handle an inch, these intrax springs go for like $300+ new so i believe they are beefy enough for me not to bottom out, so idk man in happy with them at the monent. Thx for your feedback.
FYI, spring price has nothing to do with how "beefy" they are. It's about quality. Intrax are decent springs, but that doesn't mean they have a high spring rate that won't bottom out.

Also, a higher spring rate would be bad for stock replacement struts anyway, because the valving doesn't control the stronger spring.

Read the FAQ in the Suspension and Brake forum. It's got everything you want to know.

You want Konis, Tokico D-Specs or HP Blues, or KYB AGX if you're lowering, regardless of springs. Especially in RI (or anywhere in New England, for that matter), you're gonna blow those struts damn quick.

And on a personal opinion note, the rear tires sticking out like that looks like hell. I would put the spacers you have for the front on the rear and do nothing with the fronts.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:31 AM
rookie mistake, you hate to see it happen. grab some new shocks asap. my kyb agx survived a whole two years on the crappy roads in New England. mostly new york got me.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:47 AM
Thx guys but unfortunately my wife does all the bills and has my nuts in a vice lol, so i gotta deal with it for now. I also have the foam thing still on there with the boot in case i bottom out, but you guys will probably tell me that dont matter lmao.

And i like my rear spacers, the fronts are adapters, 5x100 to 5x114. Used them on my 17's. plus you have to trim the lugs a bit to have them fit so im all good with that on this cav.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:58 AM
Ninja Bling wrote:unfortunately my wife does all the bills and has my nuts in a vice

I can confirm that this is the case.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:20 PM
Shoulda just went with coilovers.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:32 PM
Idk man i just didnt want the coil overs stuff, i wanted non-adjustable.

Well i guess ill keep an eye on them and be the jbo guinea pig lol when they do go ill post with a day count lol

Friday, May 24, 2013 6:10 AM
Ninja Bling wrote:Idk man i just didnt want the coil overs stuff, i wanted non-adjustable.

Well i guess ill keep an eye on them and be the jbo guinea pig lol when they do go ill post with a day count lol

sec it for guinea pig!

GOT ECOTEC?
Friday, May 24, 2013 8:21 AM
Lol

Saturday, May 25, 2013 5:10 AM
i have some D specs up for grabs, youll need to buy a new front strut but ihave a good set of rears and one front, along with an extra rear.
Saturday, May 25, 2013 7:29 AM
Lol thx guys but atm im all out of funds for stuff. Got my first kid coming next week.

Saturday, May 25, 2013 8:03 AM
Ninja Bling wrote:Idk man i just didnt want the coil overs stuff, i wanted non-adjustable.

Why non adjustable? Being able to dial in the handling and ride is one of the best things you can do. Granted you can only go so far, but i'd go crazy with out it and i hardly ever make adjustments to my suspension.

Saturday, May 25, 2013 8:55 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:

Why non adjustable? Being able to dial in the handling and ride is one of the best things you can do. Granted you can only go so far, but i'd go crazy with out it and i hardly ever make adjustments to my suspension.

Yea but if you dont so it right you could mess up alot of stuff, plus ive seen my brother drop the cav and never re-adjusted it at all, when he blew one strut and tryied to take it off it was completely rusted and we couldnt get the coil overs off. I just dont wanna deal with all that cause id probally mess everything up lmao. Just playing it safe man.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 4:26 AM
Both of my suspension setups havent been hard at all to adjust. Ride height on coil-overs is pretty straight forward and even easier with lowering springs. For dampening i set it to a middle setting and then drive the car. Then I soften or stiffen it to my liking. I had some slight unwanted over steer a few years ago while racing. I stiffened up the dampening in the rear alittle and it went away.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:28 PM
all that money on spacers / adapters and useless shocks, could have netted you a perfect set of used coilovers. whats this scrape everything club?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search