May be a new j in New Hampshire - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
May be a new j in New Hampshire
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:57 PM
Looks like me and the whole family (wifes side)
may move from phx az To Manchester NH.
I'm excited to escape the heat!!!!!
Lived in ny for a couple years in my early life, not like it was long enough for me to remember.
Time frame 6 mon to year.

Any advice.... Car/house wise

Re: May be a new j in New Hampshire
Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:09 AM
The best advice I can give you is check the property tax rates in whatever towns you're looking in. There are some that will hit you pretty hard in NH.

As for a car, you're going to find out pretty quick that there are a lot of roads in the area that suck, particularly for a lowered car. LOL Welcome to New England.

Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:53 PM
Mr. Quick wrote:The best advice I can give you is check the property tax rates in whatever towns you're looking in. There are some that will hit you pretty hard in NH.

As for a car, you're going to find out pretty quick that there are a lot of roads in the area that suck, particularly for a lowered car. LOL Welcome to New England.

See your in Maine we went into there with our last trip to NH. Loved the green and the mild rain they had.

With the car the Cav will only be a summer car won't risk it with snow and chances to rust, wife has a jetta 04 and ill most likely get a gtp or sti waggon, may also get her jetta and her get a new sti as she saw plenty of them and I stupidly said ya we will get you one If we moved down here thinking she wouldn't change her mind! Stupid me
Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:47 PM
Mr. Quick wrote:The best advice I can give you is check the property tax rates in whatever towns you're looking in. There are some that will hit you pretty hard in NH.

ALL OF THIS. Seriously, the roads blow dick. But the property tax comment is very, very good advice. They whack people like crazy in a lot of the bordering areas with Mass. You'll love the two seasons we get here; winter and August.

Anyway, if you do move definitely hit me up, I'm in Boston. I'd love to get some more J's at New England Dragway

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:08 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:

ALL OF THIS. Seriously, the roads blow dick. But the property tax comment is very, very good advice. They whack people like crazy in a lot of the bordering areas with Mass. You'll love the two seasons we get here; winter and August.

Anyway, if you do move definitely hit me up, I'm in Boston. I'd love to get some more J's at New England Dragway

Ohhhh did you say drag way phx hasn't had one of these in 3 years almost! Didn't think to look at that, I felt like Homer Simpson there.. For sure ill need some new peps to talk to
Sunday, October 20, 2013 2:58 PM
Any parts you would stay out of Nh?
Monday, October 21, 2013 12:40 PM
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:Any parts you would stay out of Nh?

To be honest I don't know the answer to that one. People complain about various areas around there but I've come to the conclusion that people tend to be way too hard on areas that aren't major cities. Personally, they can keep the city and I'll take the 'burbs and rural areas any day.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, October 21, 2013 12:50 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:Any parts you would stay out of Nh?

To be honest I don't know the answer to that one. People complain about various areas around there but I've come to the conclusion that people tend to be way too hard on areas that aren't major cities. Personally, they can keep the city and I'll take the 'burbs and rural areas any day.

Ya were looking at living less city too.
I read that some places you have to haul your trash to the dumps not to psychiced about that.
It's looking like Manchester is the area me and the wife are looking at.
It's looking to be in march that were gonna move
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:36 AM
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:See your in Maine we went into there with our last trip to NH. Loved the green and the mild rain they had.

With the car the Cav will only be a summer car won't risk it with snow and chances to rust, wife has a jetta 04 and ill most likely get a gtp or sti waggon, may also get her jetta and her get a new sti as she saw plenty of them and I stupidly said ya we will get you one If we moved down here thinking she wouldn't change her mind! Stupid me
I'm in Maine, but very close to NH. I'm only two towns from Rochester, NH. Southern NH is very nice, and a good mix IMO between that rural feeling and still having everything pretty close by.

My comment about the roads sucking for lowered cars wasn't a seasonal thing. It's the winter weather that's hard on the roads, but a lot of the roads just suck all the time...pot holes, bumps, repairs everywhere. LOL. Just gotta know where not to drive with it.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:13 AM
Mr. Quick wrote:
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:See your in Maine we went into there with our last trip to NH. Loved the green and the mild rain they had.

I'm in Maine, but very close to NH. I'm only two towns from Rochester, NH. Southern NH is very nice, and a good mix IMO between that rural feeling and still having everything pretty close by.

My comment about the roads sucking for lowered cars wasn't a seasonal thing. It's the winter weather that's hard on the roads, but a lot of the roads just suck all the time...pot holes, bumps, repairs everywhere. LOL. Just gotta know where not to drive with it.

Got ya lol
So I got to ask all you guys are probably gonna get a giggle out of it.
Winter/ snow should I get a second set of tires for the winter or is that a myth lol
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:34 AM
It's true the roads really are that bad. They get so bad so fast that they often just give up on repairing them.

For snow tires, the best thing you can do is grab a set of 14" stealies and put whatever snow or all season tire you like on them. It's all about skinny tires with deep tread and ground clearance. My last J was an 01 5-speed and it worked GREAT in the snow with 14's and new cheap primewells from firestone. Once the snow gets to the point where it's hitting the front bumper or the bottom of the car just park it and walk.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:53 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:It's true the roads really are that bad. They get so bad so fast that they often just give up on repairing them.

For snow tires, the best thing you can do is grab a set of 14" stealies and put whatever snow or all season tire you like on them. It's all about skinny tires with deep tread and ground clearance. My last J was an 01 5-speed and it worked GREAT in the snow with 14's and new cheap primewells from firestone. Once the snow gets to the point where it's hitting the front bumper or the bottom of the car just park it and walk.

I got my stock 16s I was gonna sell glad they didn't think I have all seasons on em too

Looks like move is set for march/April as long as the inlaws find place in feb when they go down.
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:19 AM
Here's an idea. Sell me your hood before you leave! I understand about the heat., but damn it's pretty nice here most of time.... I love driving my car all year around,; the thought of potholes, gray skies, salt and 20 degree weather, remind me to why I left IL two years ago.....Good luck with the move!!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:32 AM
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:Looks like move is set for march/April as long as the inlaws find place in feb when they go down.

Like I said man, definitely hit me up when you're settled in and/or need a hand with something.

Brok22 wrote:Here's an idea. Sell me your hood before you leave! I understand about the heat., but damn it's pretty nice here most of time.... I love driving my car all year around,; the thought of potholes, gray skies, salt and 20 degree weather, remind me to why I left IL two years ago.....Good luck with the move!!

God it makes me want to move down there so bad. Even the difference between Pennsylvania and New England is rough.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:37 AM
And more new england advice.. Remember that if your vehicle is damaged by a pothole or other problem with the road, you can contact that municipality and get reimbursed.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:01 PM
Brok22 wrote:Here's an idea. Sell me your hood before you leave! I understand about the heat., but damn it's pretty nice here most of time.... I love driving my car all year around,; the thought of potholes, gray skies, salt and 20 degree weather, remind me to why I left IL two years ago.....Good luck with the move!!

I may consider this as I want a oem or turbosport carbon fiber hood

Where abouts you at never seen your car in az
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:08 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:Looks like move is set for march/April as long as the inlaws find place in feb when they go down.

Like I said man, definitely hit me up when you're settled in and/or need a hand with something.

For sure thanks a lot I thank you for all your advice your giving!

Y3llowCav wrote:God it makes me want to move down there so bad. Even the difference between Pennsylvania and New England is rough.

House swap ya lol
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:31 PM

Nice trunk to btw lol
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:51 AM
Just thought of these ones going over my car last night
What are emissions like over there?
I have no cat and when I had my car tuned I had em set it to where it wouldn't trip a light.
Only light on is air bag and service >:0

Window tent what's the limits? If you can have any.
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:03 PM
Yikes lol. I believe it goes by county in NH so you'll have to google that and see what you can find. I know mass is tough but I'm sure NH is more lax, at least in some areas. Just remember, you don't need turn signals in New England

For the no cat, you could always just space out the rear sensor instead of turning codes off. That works most of the time.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:03 PM
I am up near Happy Valley and 17. What about you? Yeah, let me know on the hood, for sure! Trunk for hood? Lol JK.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:51 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:Yikes lol. I believe it goes by county in NH so you'll have to google that and see what you can find. I know mass is tough but I'm sure NH is more lax, at least in some areas. Just remember, you don't need turn signals in New England

For the no cat, you could always just space out the rear sensor instead of turning codes off. That works most of the time.

Ill have to just see I guess lol I have a resonator and my wideband and I all ways call the res a cat and say the widebands the o2 lol hopefully that works lol
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:53 PM
Brok22 wrote:I am up near Happy Valley and 17. What about you? Yeah, let me know on the hood, for sure! Trunk for hood? Lol JK.

Amazed I never see you I work off 59th 101 and live in buckeye.
Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:30 AM
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:Just thought of these ones going over my car last night
What are emissions like over there?
I have no cat and when I had my car tuned I had em set it to where it wouldn't trip a light.
Only light on is air bag and service >:0

Window tent what's the limits? If you can have any.
Emissions aren't bad in NH. They suck in MA, though. ME is OK too.
With no cat, you may get rejected on the fact, and not the codes. A lot of places will fail you for removing any part of the emissions system, regardless of the sniffer test.

Tint is typically no darker than 50% on the driver and passenger windows, nothing below the A1 line on the windshield, and nothing below 35% on the rear windows, but that does vary by area.

Any warning lights will usually fail you, so you should check those out.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:23 AM
Yeah come up to the primeland! Where not only are the taxes too high but the weather can change in a minute too! In all honesty when these guys have said is all true... if you know how to drive in snow you will be fine.... for the most part tey are pretty well taken care of... but inspection is a lot harsher up here... oh and enjoy motor vehichle!

Ryan! You do need to get back down here to pa!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search