May be a new j in New Hampshire - Page 2 - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: May be a new j in New Hampshire
Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:40 AM
Mr. Quick wrote:
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:Just thought of these ones going over my car last night
What are emissions like over there?
I have no cat and when I had my car tuned I had em set it to where it wouldn't trip a light.
Only light on is air bag and service >:0

Window tent what's the limits? If you can have any.
Emissions aren't bad in NH. They suck in MA, though. ME is OK too.
With no cat, you may get rejected on the fact, and not the codes. A lot of places will fail you for removing any part of the emissions system, regardless of the sniffer test.

Tint is typically no darker than 50% on the driver and passenger windows, nothing below the A1 line on the windshield, and nothing below 35% on the rear windows, but that does vary by area.

Any warning lights will usually fail you, so you should check those out.

Dang ill just buy a cat I don't want troubles when I get down there, the air bag is cause I just did a cobalt wheel swap just need to solder up the ignighter.

Service light is my main worry

Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:46 AM
Phillip Wathley wrote:Yeah come up to the primeland! Where not only are the taxes too high but the weather can change in a minute too! In all honesty when these guys have said is all true... if you know how to drive in snow you will be fine.... for the most part tey are pretty well taken care of... but inspection is a lot harsher up here... oh and enjoy motor vehichle!

Ryan! You do need to get back down here to pa!

Weather is why we're moving az is just to damn hot, we want to actually have seasons lol not just summer and January lol.
Snow will have to be a learning thing.
Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:02 AM
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:Service light is my main worry

Open the cluster and remove the LED for it. I'm sure there is someone in NH who can open the cluster without busting the needles. Or just fix what is causing the service light, but that damn light gets tripped by /everything/.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:31 AM
Patrick Coulter wrote:
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:Service light is my main worry

Open the cluster and remove the LED for it. I'm sure there is someone in NH who can open the cluster without busting the needles. Or just fix what is causing the service light, but that damn light gets tripped by /everything/.

Think I found it license plate light.
Now just to turn it off,
Acc on 5 steps the pedal and hold on 5th for 30 secs isn't working. Tried it on 4 steps to
Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:49 PM
Phillip Wathley wrote:Ryan! You do need to get back down here to pa!

Tell me about it man. I'll be down over Thanksgiving weekend Friday-Sunday morning. Already talked Ryan into doing some tuning, cause that's the special kind of ball buster I am

Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:Weather is why we're moving az is just to damn hot, we want to actually have seasons lol not just summer and January lol.

Oh man you're in for a surprise...

I get that's hot as balls there and that f*ckin sucks but wait until you can't do anything outside for 4 months because it's too cold or covered in snow. At least when it's hot you can just suck it up and sweat. Here you're pretty much parked for 3 or 4 months; can't go swimming, can't go driving, can't go to car meets, can't go to the beach, can't go for a decent hike, etc. All you can do is chop wood and make fires in the fire place and get fat sitting around watching tv because it's pitch black out at 5pm. That's something that will drive you nuts too. Almost still dark when you go to work, dark when you get home.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:03 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:

Tell me about it man. I'll be down over Thanksgiving weekend Friday-Sunday morning. Already talked Ryan into doing some tuning, cause that's the special kind of ball buster I am

Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:Weather is why we're moving az is just to damn hot, we want to actually have seasons lol not just summer and January lol.

I get that's hot as balls there and that f*ckin sucks but wait until you can't do anything outside for 4 months because it's too cold or covered in snow. At least when it's hot you can just suck it up and sweat. Here you're pretty much parked for 3 or 4 months; can't go swimming, can't go driving, can't go to car meets, can't go to the beach, can't go for a decent hike, etc. All you can do is chop wood and make fires in the fire place and get fat sitting around watching tv because it's pitch black out at 5pm. That's something that will drive you nuts too. Almost still dark when you go to work, dark when you get home.

Ill fit in great!!!! I love burning @!#$!!!!!! Lol
Idk if ill like it all ways being to dark tho.
The down time will give me time to build my motor at least.
And that's what Xbox live is for being couped up lol
Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:08 PM
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:
Y3llowCav wrote:

lol don't we all? Yeah, again, even from Pennsylvania to here it gets dark WAY faster in the winter. I will bring the yuengling for any engine build happening.

Also, please tell me you're getting cod ghosts. I'll PM you my gametag.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:01 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:
Y3llowCav wrote:

lol don't we all? Yeah, again, even from Pennsylvania to here it gets dark WAY faster in the winter. I will bring the yuengling for any engine build happening.

Also, please tell me you're getting cod ghosts. I'll PM you my gametag.

Is that a serious question lol of course I am I have all cod's have bf3 played it a lil cod is better as far as i see it. ill suck at first fair warning, I haven't played in a year we kinda got screwed on our Internet in the house were at. But we will get it once we move again. Any good Internet company's out there.
Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:16 PM
Finally someone who gets it! I'm the same way dude I own every cod, bf3 was alright but that's it.

Not sure on internet since it's probably different there but in Boston there's RCN, Comcast, and Fios. They're all evil so it really doesn't matter who you go with. If you have fios in your area, which may be a stretch for up there, I'd go with them. RCN is cool but definitely has more service issues than the others. Also I think it's only available in Boston city limits; at least in Mass. Seems like comcast is your only real option....I'm sorry.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, October 24, 2013 3:07 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:Finally someone who gets it! I'm the same way dude I own every cod, bf3 was alright but that's it.

Not sure on internet since it's probably different there but in Boston there's RCN, Comcast, and Fios. They're all evil so it really doesn't matter who you go with. If you have fios in your area, which may be a stretch for up there, I'd go with them. RCN is cool but definitely has more service issues than the others. Also I think it's only available in Boston city limits; at least in Mass. Seems like comcast is your only real option....I'm sorry.

Bf was just to childish for me expecially this new crap that the map changes screw that, its like just like that racing game split second or burnout, don't get me wrong fun at the beginning then just starts to make you mad!!!!
Saturday, October 26, 2013 1:32 PM
Comon! Yuengling? I miss my sam adams!

Saturday, October 26, 2013 5:21 PM
Phillip Wathley wrote:Comon! Yuengling? I miss my sam adams!

I'd rather drink natural ice than over pay for that @!#$ty piss water sam adams makes.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, October 26, 2013 6:03 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:
Phillip Wathley wrote:Comon! Yuengling? I miss my sam adams!

I'd rather drink natural ice than over pay for that @!#$ty piss water sam adams makes.

I agree don't know what yuengling is yet! But Sam Adams no bueno for me expecially octoberfest taste like sit and poo
Friday, November 01, 2013 7:15 AM
Just thought of something else you haven't had to deal with in a very long time; heat. Depending on where you end up in NH, you'll have some options on heat. Oil heat seems enticing because it's nice and warm but it is COSTLY, dirty, and overall just a pain in the @$$. If you have the option of finding a place that is updated with natural gas, I strongly suggest going there.

The thing that sucks is that natural gas is kind of like sewer; most cities and towns have it but the further away you get the less likely it is that there's a hook up under the street for it. When I'm looking at a place and find out it's oil heat, regardless of how fantastic everything else is, I'm already making an about face for the door.

You'll also find after one drive through NH that everyone has a mountain of chopped wood behind their house. Trust me, it's not just for show.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, November 04, 2013 7:57 AM
From AZ to NH to escape the heat? Trust me when it's 10 degrees and there is 2 feet of snow on the ground you'll wish there was AZ heat. And just a FYI, it does get very hot and humid during the summer. So think of it this way...in AZ, Oct-April is your summer and May to Sept is brutal hot. In NH, June to Sept is HOT and humid and from Oct to May is cold and snowy. If it were me, I'd take heat all year round.

Some roads in NH are not paved. As others have said, gas heat is the way to go. But if not, find a house with a wood or pellet stove.
Monday, November 04, 2013 3:56 PM
mrgto wrote:From AZ to NH to escape the heat? Trust me when it's 10 degrees and there is 2 feet of snow on the ground you'll wish there was AZ heat. And just a FYI, it does get very hot and humid during the summer. So think of it this way...in AZ, Oct-April is your summer and May to Sept is brutal hot. In NH, June to Sept is HOT and humid and from Oct to May is cold and snowy. If it were me, I'd take heat all year round.

Some roads in NH are not paved. As others have said, gas heat is the way to go. But if not, find a house with a wood or pellet stove.

Its not just the heat that made us decide to move that's part of it.
We want 4 season, fishing in az is a hit or miss not really that great unless you got a boat, schooling for the lil one I'm expecting is a huge aspect, couple reasons other then that I don't wanna mention.

We have looked at every aspect ya some spots it will suck but in the long run better for the family
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search