FS Ecotec M62 Supercharger - Page 2 - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: FS Ecotec M62 Supercharger
Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:39 PM
I don't get how you still have this in your possession... Judging by how you took care of your cars, this kit is a no brainer for someone to snag!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:10 PM
Is there any one here who lives close to Andy and has the time and resources to pick it up and ship to Sac.Ca.
You will be compensated for time and shipping including lots of bubblewrap!
With Andy's permission of course.
Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:17 AM
Carl Calvin wrote:Is there any one here who lives close to Andy and has the time and resources to pick it up and ship to Sac.Ca.
You will be compensated for time and shipping including lots of bubblewrap!
With Andy's permission of course.

That's fine with me. If you can find someone to pick it up and then send it off to you, I have no issue with that.

I'd prefer a local sale, where I can go over all the bits and pieces with the buyer and make sure they understand what they are getting. I'm not one of those,
"here's a pile of parts, give me money, good luck" type of people.

The stock endplate is no longer included with the parts. I've been looking through the list from the FAQ, and this kit does not include the lower manifold brace that the oem heat exchanger pump mounting bracket attaches to. I had the pump mounted in a different location, and never bothered to source that bracket. If you need that bracket, i'm sure Mongorat on CSS will be able to get it for you.

Thanks for the kind words guys. At this rate, if the parts are still here in the spring, they may go back on the car, provided that the grinding noise (almost sounded like an engine brake on a big rig) isn't transmission related. I'll deal with that in the spring.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:24 PM
I fully understand and appreciate your caution with wanting this kit to go to someone who knows what they are getting and how to use it correctly.
Btw is your car still making that noise after removing sc. Sounds like an exhaust gasket leak.maybe? Or bent valve stuck open.
Thursday, January 23, 2014 1:14 PM
Carl Calvin wrote:I fully understand and appreciate your caution with wanting this kit to go to someone who knows what they are getting and how to use it correctly.
Btw is your car still making that noise after removing sc. Sounds like an exhaust gasket leak.maybe? Or bent valve stuck open.

i haven't really driven the car after pulling the s/c. the noise changed with vehicle speed, and did not change with rpm. The also is not consistent, it comes and goes. That leads me to believe it's something wheel/axle/trans related. Once it warms up, I will dig into it. I've talked to a few people, and just from my description of the noise, they think it's differential related. I know next to nothing about transmissions and their components, so i'm more likely to believe it's something that i replaced recently, like a wheel bearing. I replaced both front wheel bearings about a year ago, so maybe one of those is on its way out.

Sunday, January 26, 2014 5:58 AM
If I had the spare time right now with my work schedule, I'd already be up to grab that kit my DD Andy, lol.

Anyone interested in this kit, Andy is a quality guy to deal with, and that price is one that can't be beat.

Monday, February 03, 2014 8:56 AM
PM'd again.

Monday, February 03, 2014 7:11 PM
I cant believe this comes up after I go and buy a turbo set up ..... smh where the hell were you 3-4 mo ago! LoL

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]
Tuesday, February 04, 2014 7:01 AM
SOLD Mark is coming down Saturday to pick it up

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 7:16 AM
finally!!

http://imgur.com/r/gifs/sSJQgmW

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, February 04, 2014 8:06 AM
Congratulations with an exl buy Mark. I'll be waiting for a write up of install.

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 5:09 PM
I'll be sure to write it up, as well as ask some Q's I'm sure.

I'll probably wait for warmer weather to install though.

Saturday, February 08, 2014 5:42 PM
Got it home! What a drive, Thanks again Andy!

Saturday, February 08, 2014 8:07 PM
If you want the gmpp install instructions in pdf format pm me your. Email and ill send it next time im on my pc.

Friday, February 21, 2014 8:30 PM
Why am I just now seeing this!? Sonovabee lol
Great deal
Congrats Mark

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search