Anyone around Fall River, MA - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone around Fall River, MA
Monday, March 21, 2005 3:39 PM
If anyone around the Fall River area wants to help with an engine swap....please email me, or pm me. I need as much help as I can get.

Re: Anyone around Fall River, MA
Monday, March 21, 2005 4:13 PM
what area is that? we have a few members in mass that may be able to help you out

http://www.nejbody.org

Vice President - NEJBody
2007 Cobalt SS
2001 Sunfire (retired)
Monday, March 21, 2005 4:42 PM
really it is close to Taunton, it is below boston

Monday, March 21, 2005 4:47 PM
let me ask around

Vice President - NEJBody
2007 Cobalt SS
2001 Sunfire (retired)
Monday, March 21, 2005 4:48 PM
let me ask around
what are you swapping

Vice President - NEJBody
2007 Cobalt SS
2001 Sunfire (retired)
Monday, March 21, 2005 5:24 PM
I am swapping a 2.2 into a 2.2.....nothin fancy, just gotta get my car running

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 12:25 AM
you're from Fall river? I live 10 minutes south in Portsmouth. I'll ask around for ya... im sure we can get this done. '

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:32 AM
I live in Berkley, which is close to Taunton and Dighton. Fall River is like 20 minutes away from me. Any help I can get I need. I need to get my car done by Sunday night. Thanks for all the help.

Thursday, March 24, 2005 10:48 AM
Hey Im in Norton, Mass... do you have all the tools to do the swap??

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Thursday, March 24, 2005 10:50 AM
I have everything needed just need an engine lift, if anyone has one could I borrow it.....planning on finishing the swap this weekend, Saturday from whenever til 3:00 (gotta go to work at 4:00).....if you can help, or just wanna come hang out....please IM me at howe0822, or email me at howe0822@yahoo.com

Thursday, March 24, 2005 11:15 AM
Cant you borrow one from Autozone or some parts store that loans tools?? Advance Auto?

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Thursday, March 24, 2005 11:21 AM
Autozone doesn't evern have them to rent out....I haven't tried Advanced Auto yet

Thursday, March 24, 2005 11:35 AM
aight. I could probably stop by Saturday. Ill let you know whats up later on today. - A

Is the motor brand new that your swapping in? If its from a Junkyard, do you know if it runs?

Thursday, March 24, 2005 11:45 AM
Black Ops Ecotec wrote:aight. I could probably stop by Saturday. Ill let you know whats up later on today. - A

Is the motor brand new that your swapping in? If its from a Junkyard, do you know if it runs?

Thanks man, my sister's fiance and I are gonna be workin on it, but we will need more help. The motor is from Goyett's Junkyard in New Bedford, and it does run, that was my first question to them.

Friday, March 25, 2005 11:57 AM
did you find a engine lift??

Friday, March 25, 2005 12:41 PM
I do have an engine lift

Friday, March 25, 2005 2:14 PM
I got the engine tonite, it needs a good cleaning, and probably have to swap out some of the newer parts from my engine (thermostat, water pump) but it is in pretty good shape, has the stock wiring harness on it too. My Dad just left to get the engine hoist, so tomorrow I make my makeshift engine stand, and I go to work.....all day until 3 cuz I gotta go to work. If you can stop by, my phone number is 508-916-1633, gimme a call either tonite or tomorrow morning, if you leave a message on my phone tonite I will get back to you, either tonite after work 10:30ish or tomorrow morning

Friday, March 25, 2005 10:37 PM
i would come up and help but im puttin my engine/tranny back in my satty later today. Have fun, you shouldnt need that many people, it takes 2 at the most, its not like a cavalier has a friggin tractor-trailer engine bay. lata bros

damn right that says premium biatch!
Saturday, March 26, 2005 6:29 PM
ok.....got the engine out, me and my father managed that. Right after we did that, Andy (spitfir304) showed up to help out, and did he ever. (Thanks again Andy). Andy and I preped the new engine for installation, then we had lunch. While we were pulling out the engine my dad managed to break the transmission bell housing while trying to pry the drive axles out. So, my dad headed off to a junk yard to pick up a new tranny. After my dad got back with the new transmission, my sister's fiance and I started to get it all together. So I now have the engine and tranny together ready to go in, all the wiring ready. So, tomorrow I will put the new engine in, and just work until it is done or I drop dead.

Andy, Thanks again, you were a big help to me. And I was nice to meet someone from the website. Give me a call when ur turbo ecotec is all set. I'll be in touch when we plan on going up to the track again. Thanks man

Sunday, March 27, 2005 4:53 AM
glad everything went okay. see...nejbody always has some in your area we're everywhere hehe

Vice President - NEJBody
2007 Cobalt SS
2001 Sunfire (retired)
Sunday, March 27, 2005 5:50 PM
ok....well this weekend was quite entertaining. On saturday, my father (who hates workin on cars) and I, strated to pull out the engine. We started at 8:00am and the engine was out at about 10:30am. Andy showed up and we started to prep the new engine for installation. During the preperation, we noticed a big ass hole in my transmission, right where the Drive Axles go in. Well, we traced it back, to when my father was prying the drive axles out, he prolly broke in then. So, my father went off the a junk yard to get a new transmission. While he was doing that, Andy, my sister's fiance, and I finished getting the new engine ready. Andy had to leave but he was such a big help to me. Thanks again Andy. My father came back with a new transmission, so we bolted that one up to the new engine, and then I had to go to work.
Today, my father and I started workin at about 8:30am, we had the engine in, and bolted down at 10:30am. We started working on all the accessories that go with it. We were finally done bolting everything up at about 4:30pm. I filled it with fluids and then ran it. It started first try, but we noticed there was some leaking. So I shut the car off, and looked around. We had a fuel leak, my father had lost an o-ring on one of the fuel lines while he was putting it into place. We thought that was it, we were wrong. We then noticed that the power steering pump had leaked all of the fluid inside it. Then my dad noticed he had forgotten to hook up a hose to the power steering pump. We did that and ran it and we were all set. Then when I put it in drive, to give it a test drive, the tranny leaked all over the place. We traced the problem to the transmission dipstick housing. We noticed it wasn't in all the way, so we pushed it down some more. Filled it with more fluid, but the same thing happened. My parents had to go out, and as I was cleaning up, I noticed that in my original tranny, there was a rubber collar where the dipstick housing went. I checked it out on the new tranny and it wasn't there. So, since it was sooo dark out, I had to wait until tomorrow to fix it. So tomorrow, I have to try to put this rubber collar in the hole without taking much of the car apart.
The funny thing is, my dad who hates working on cars, had all these problem with almost everything he did. Don't get me wrong, I am so glad he helped me out, and I wouldn't have gotten it done today without him, but I can't help but laugh when I think that all these problems occured to everything he did.
My ABS, light comes on, I had to pull out the brake booster, and was curious if I should bleed the brakes, because I did loose some brake fluid. I should probably check the fluid level in the brake resovoir.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 7:13 PM
sweet soundsl ike a lot of fun!

Vice President - NEJBody
2007 Cobalt SS
2001 Sunfire (retired)
Monday, March 28, 2005 11:12 AM
Man I wish I knew, I am *rarely* on here. I've got a 2nd gen in Assonet (near you)... You may have seen a green one buzzing around. I would have stopped by for moral support at least.

Monday, March 28, 2005 1:20 PM
oh wow man, you painted your car! I must have missed those progress pictures, or have you not posted them on nejbody yet. loooks awesome

Vice President - NEJBody
2007 Cobalt SS
2001 Sunfire (retired)
Monday, March 28, 2005 3:32 PM
Hey Sam,

Wish I could have stayed longer!! we were moving along at a good pace until that damn hole showed up in the tranny....

It was nice meeting all of your family.

You should check out the next NEJBODY gathering...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search