STUPID EFFIN INSPECTIONS!!!! - Page 2 - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: STUPID EFFIN INSPECTIONS!!!!
Monday, April 04, 2005 1:47 PM
stargrrrl wrote:[quote=?§Fallen Angel§?]
stargrrrl wrote:You didn't answer why you don't pick a place, fix what they don't like & then return to have it pass there. That seems to be the easiest thing to do rather than skipping from shop to shop hopping it'll pass.

The stuff required for inspection is here:

I don't see a window handle on there anywhere. However, it may have to do with safety - as in if you go into water, being able to open the window. I know that electric windows don't have that ability, but i know a lot of what is required to pass is based on how the car was originally equipt.

I did answer your question. There's stupid stuff they've been giving me a hard time about... and since I JUST started the new job on Monday, worked Tuesday... then had the car problems Wednesday and am STILL dealing with the problems... I don't have the money to fix the stupid stuff they're asking... unless you know someone who has the extra money to lend me... otherwise I have to go about it another way.

----------------------------------Quote Not Working----------------------------------

I didn't realize that was your answer to my question. I asked because it seems to be a waste of money to go shop to shop & pay for inspection a few times instead of fixing whatever petty things one of the shops didn't like.

For a window crank, why not try a junkyard? There is one near Manheim called J&D Auto Salvage that had a bunch of j's when i was there last year. It's very easy to get to. Their #'s are 717-665-5566 & 717-394-0670, they're open when you're working at your job (most likely) and also Saturdays 8am-noon.

Oh ok sorry for the misunderstanding. The places that failed it or wouldn't inspect it didn't charge me (thank goodness)

I finally got it inspected today and PASSED!! FINALLY! The guy I took it to, when I was explaining to him all the trouble the other places have been giving me he even thought it was rediculous.

Thanks for the link and info Susan... it's greatly appreciated.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search