Exhaust Clamps and Cole muffler.. - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exhaust Clamps and Cole muffler..
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 6:18 AM
Wasn't sure where to put this...

I had my exhuast muffler installed on 9/18/03 at cole muffler. They used those clamps that you just torque down. Everything was great up to yesterday. I was comming around the corner onto my street and laid on the gas.. and i heard a loud ping and my exhaust changed tones. I thing it was just a stone and pulled in my driveway. Sure enough i put the car in park and left it on.. Got out and its sounded really raspy.. I put my hand near the " rusted" Stainless steel clamps they said they used, and there was a nice blown out chunk of of pipe missing about the size of a shirt button near the clamps. Surely enough i was pissed off and went into my binder of recepits for my car and dug out the one from them. Called them and asked what the deal on the warrentys. They said 1yr on mufflers and work. Which is lame and poor work quality to just have break 1 yr and half later. I asked them what they could do? .... "Nothing, your out of a warrenty and its not our problem." So this is just a heads up for anyone looking to get somthing installed by them, DO NOT GO THERE. Worst quality of work ever and not very friendly staff... Oh yea, and i reported them to the BBB for poor quality of workmanship & product, they were not SS clamps ( fradulent products), and the awful service i recived on the phone call...

...end rant...

Re: Exhaust Clamps and Cole muffler..
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:29 AM
You do kinda look like drew carey.........That's @!#$ty about the exhaust man. The shop that did mine originally tried the same thing. Just got to watch people anymore.

I'll have a sig someday....................
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 6:45 PM
ummm the fact that the clamp wasnt stainless isnt fraudulent... most arent. but if you made sure that they understood the muffler didnt ever need to be removed, they shoulda welded it, i have never clamped an exhaust like that on my vehicles, always welded

THE WORLDS FIRST GAY POTATO!:Amaze and delight your friends, dress it up, take it to the cinema or just sit and admire it's firm silky buttocks and when your bored of it .. lob it in a casserole dish with some onions and carrots.
Thursday, April 07, 2005 2:32 AM
Sorry to hear about the exhaust man.... some businesses are like that....

Hopefully you can get that fixed up without any big costs.

1Bad02Cav... do shops charge more to weld than to clamp?

I know it's JUST a Cavalier, and I'm sorry if I hurt your ego.
Thursday, April 07, 2005 9:56 PM
Most likely, im not posative on it, but i know the shop i work at, they usualy weld where they can, and exhaust work is pretty much just charged as exhaust work, depending on what it is, welding or clamping. i mean, the clamps arent realy worth much, nor is the tiny bit or argon and filler metal taken to weld around a connection, ALSO, there are some spots u shouldnt weld, like... theres a reason exhaust comes in sections lol.

THE WORLDS FIRST GAY POTATO!:Amaze and delight your friends, dress it up, take it to the cinema or just sit and admire it's firm silky buttocks and when your bored of it .. lob it in a casserole dish with some onions and carrots.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search