Goodbye Cavalier - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Goodbye Cavalier
Sunday, June 12, 2005 1:45 AM
Well, I was watching TV yesterday and saw the ad for the GM "Pay What The Employees" pay discount program so I ended up trading in my 1997 Cavalier at Apple Chevrolet. I ended up getting a Sunburst Orange 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS. I have power windows, power door locks, remote entry, cruise control, am/fm/cd player, 15 inch cast aluminum wheels, spoiler, a/c, and all the other goodies. It's a 4 speed automatic with a 2.2 Liter Ecotec in it (of course).

I would've gotten a base model but couldn't see it when it was just a tick cheaper and it had NO extras at all and plus it was (bleh) silver in color when I love Sunburst Orange. It drives great, loads of power and lots of room. I really can't complain about it at all. I got it with a total of 6 miles on the odometer. Such a good feeling! LOL - so thank you one and all for all the help I've gotten here in the past figuring out issues with my '97 Cavalier. I may still pop in once and awhile but it certainly won't be as frequently as it used to be and I haven't been posting as much anyway... think the voice in the back of my head was screaming to get a Cobalt, hehe.

Re: Goodbye Cavalier
Sunday, June 12, 2005 2:54 AM
Good luck with your new car. Atleast you have an ECOTEC.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, June 12, 2005 3:36 AM
Congrats but it's still a Cavy....

Sunday, June 12, 2005 4:39 AM
Cooter wrote:Congrats but it's still a Cavy....

More like a freakish mix of Honda civic, VW jetta, and dodge neon.

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true."
Sunday, June 12, 2005 6:58 AM
Well hey stop by and see us again soon!!! We've been wonderin where you've been!!

Sunday, June 12, 2005 3:39 PM
hehe, will do Nikki. I actually got my first door ding and don't know how I got it, lol... it's already got "personality". Not very big but it's there, hrm. It's right on the edge of the door, don't know how hard that would be to pull it out or not. At that this point I'm just very happy to have a good running car that I don't have to worry about breaking down every other day going to work. Plus it's nice to have air conditioning again, hehe, I was starting to melt out here in the heat on my commutes to work and back.

Hey Nikki, how did you make out with the job at the body shop? Have you heard anything back from Delta as well yet? I know the guy in HR has been calling people on a regular basis over the last couple weeks too.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 7:11 PM
Haven't heard anything from Delta yet...

And yeah AC must be nice lol... mine doesnt' work either lol

BTW... you're still more than welcome to be part of the club... you had the cavy when you joined... and as our rules go, if someone for some reason gets a non-j-body, we don't discriminate or throw anyone out because of that. Just so ya know HOpe ta see you at a meet soon!

Sunday, June 12, 2005 7:27 PM
Depending on weather on Saturday I'll probably be down. Just these last 2-3 weeks have been unusually hectic and I really didn't have much time to myself so I took the weekend to unwind as much as I could anyway (not a whole lot either). That sucks you haven't heard from Delta yet. If the weather is good the g/f and I will probably go to the drive-in's - The Longest Yard and Batman Begins is playing and we want to see both of those, if the weather is not suitable for the drive-in's we'll probably head in to York.

Monday, June 13, 2005 9:23 AM
Guess you won't be checking out Premier Auto Body now! Glad to hear you've got a reliable car, you must love not having to worry about how it's going to run when you go out. Windows down is still better than A/C

Monday, June 13, 2005 10:52 AM
i SEEN a Cobalt SS the other day. looked and sounded nice. should of gotten on of them

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, June 13, 2005 4:19 PM
Cobalt SS was a bit out of my price range, LOL, I would've loved to have an SS though. I can honestly say that I'm very happy with the LS i ended up with. And yep, Star, it's a nice feeling to have a reliable car again. I had the windows down this morning on the way to work since it was cooler, power windows are great! Can actually put both windows down at the same time without driving all over the road and looking like a maniac, LOL.

I can honestly say this car will spoil me. It's my first new car that I've owned and also the car with the most options I've ever owned. I'm very happy.

Monday, June 13, 2005 5:21 PM
i just ordered a 2006 cobalt SS...dealership wouldnt give me @!#$ for my cav though so im gonna keep it,

good luck with the new car

~*~*DONNA MARIE*~*~
2002 Yellow Cav LS sport (aka BadG1rl)
2006 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC Twin Charged
FPOC Model 2005
http://www.cardomain.com/id/1badg1rl

Monday, June 13, 2005 7:12 PM
Quote:

NJs Honda Killa
Yesterday 5:54 AM

Good luck with your new car. Atleast you have an ECOTEC.

adam you say it like your car didn't come with one LOL

Monday, June 13, 2005 7:46 PM
Ah, I need to bring home my AA's from work so I can take pic's of my car to post up. Hmmm, must remember to do that tomorrow before running out the door at 5pm! lol

Monday, June 13, 2005 8:22 PM
2 door or 4 door?

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 3:07 AM
2 Door of course! Sedans have their place, I just don't have the need for a 4 door. Plus the 4 door version of the cobalt just doesn't impress me that much, it's pretending to be a Civic way to hard, at least the 2 door has a good bit of style to it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search