PA steering wheel laws - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PA steering wheel laws
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:29 AM
Is it illegal to remove the stock wheel (with an airbag) and replace it with an aftermarket one without airbags. And will it pass inspection?

Re: PA steering wheel laws
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:34 AM
I asked my buddy who is a mechanic at courtesy ford, He said that it will pass inspestion, the one problem you run into will be if you wreck and end up in the hospital, your insurance company can refuse to pay for the hospital bills, cause the airbag was removed. Other then that it is fine, i am removing mine later this week and going with another wheel myself.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:58 AM
An even better reason not to speed or drive like a fool! Everyone go change your wheels now.. heh thanks man let me know what wheel your going with.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 10:55 AM
that and the wheel has to be 13 inches or bigger and have a horn

I am who I am, nothing more nothing less, deal with me the way I am or don't have anything to do with me at all.
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 12:24 PM
BillK wrote:that and the wheel has to be 13 inches or bigger and have a horn

HOLY COW DUDE WHERE YOU BEEN?!?!?! Your buddy with the truck stopped by the meet and asked if I had seen or heard from you lately... what's been goin on?? How you been?

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 12:33 PM
car passed a week or two ago with a tenzo r version 5 steering wheel.

you do need a working horn though. also, according to the pa inspection laws (which are online if you look for them) the wheel must be the same diameter or larger than the stock wheel.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 12:48 PM
not really worth the risk

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, June 17, 2005 5:00 PM
I need to look into getting a different wheel put onto my cav, my fiancee is fairly short and if the airbag would go off while she would be driving it could kill her. Another reason why they prolly dont have a problem with removing the airbag & stock wheel.

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Friday, June 17, 2005 11:29 PM
actually, i really like my new steering wheel. the airbag adds weight to the feel of the wheel and tends to numb some of the steering feel. you get a better idea of what's going on in a corner with an aftermarket wheel...

Saturday, June 18, 2005 7:34 AM
Hey Nikki im good, Im going to see if I can come out to Dennys tonight for a few just to say Hey.....and for the airbags you can leave the stock wheel on just take the airbag fuse out, it will be fine I talked to an inspection station about that and they have done that for people before..........just my 2 cents

I am who I am, nothing more nothing less, deal with me the way I am or don't have anything to do with me at all.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search