Jersey J's Feb '06 meet - someone had to do it... - Page 6 - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Jersey J's Feb '06 meet - someone had to do it
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:54 AM
I GOT DIBBS!!!!!!!!

my offer of the reach around and a coke still stands

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:02 AM
Im pretty much with stuck with a car i cant drive , that i have to pay insurance on make payments on. It sucks ... badly.

...put it up on ebay as is and take the money and buy another car. or go to the bank and take out a loan to repair it.

if you were to repair and sell, im not sure how much you could sell it for since it has several accidents.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:10 AM
alex wrote:Im pretty much with stuck with a car i cant drive , that i have to pay insurance on make payments on. It sucks ... badly.

...put it up on ebay as is and take the money and buy another car. or go to the bank and take out a loan to repair it.

if you were to repair and sell, im not sure how much you could sell it for since it has several accidents.

Are you serious?, i have 7 thousand dollars left on the loan, my cavalier in perfect condition isnt worth 7 thousand . So that wouldn't even help me at all ...
Ide have no car, and debt, and no money for a downpayment on a new car .. i dont think thats going to happen.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:42 AM
bryan, check this out or not because im not sure, but i dont think you can use GM points towards a Saab, Saturn or Hummer. just double check it.

9-19-05/1-7-07CarDomain
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:44 AM
Alright, just got the estimate back ... 4500-5000$ for it to be fixed .

The guy said the car is worth 10,000-11,000$, so im thinking about fixing it and selling it? Im not sure how i feel about driving a car thats been fixed 23432 times , ill just have to wait and see.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:46 AM
Lunchbox(The Goce One) wrote:bryan, check this out or not because im not sure, but i dont think you can use GM points towards a Saab, Saturn or Hummer. just double check it.

damn you are right. I can't use it on Saab or Saturn(not that I would buy a saturn). Hummer I can use it on though. Maybe I'll get an H3 or a Cadillac V-Series.

ImageImage
Defined Parts
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:39 PM
what is this?

one of our founding members giving up over a BODY KIT? what is this crap?

its some bumpers made out of plastic

the lesson learned here is compulsive buying isn't necessarily a bad thing ;P

especially if a company (or sub company) is going under or deciding on discontinuing a product.

if people in the j body community would spend a little money instead of try to cut deals all the time, maybe we'd get a little more support from other companies, or provide stability for the companies we already have.

GM is no exception, they're a company like anyone else. money comes and goes, they do what they need to in order to survive. This grouping is full of a lot of people who don't like to spend money, and want everything for nothing. I'm not saying festa is like that, but when he was ready to get the stuff he wanted, it was discontinued because of the company we hold.

besides, im sure someone will pick up the xtreme tuner mold and make it they're own.

same happened to me... the 72mm tbody that I wanted from JBP was discontinued, and that was in my plans for the big boost I want to run, but I'm not quitting because of that.

Plans change, people adapt. its how life works.

don't give up festa.

..jerk

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:40 PM
.JerseyKid. wrote:
alex wrote:Im pretty much with stuck with a car i cant drive , that i have to pay insurance on make payments on. It sucks ... badly.

why can't you drive it?

what happened now?

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:45 PM
Well PJ there is a lot behind it actually. I think this was all leading up to happening wether the kit was there or not. Thanks to Goce's heads up I'll be looking at a Cady CTS this Saturday. So we will see how things go. I'm going to crunch some numbers to compare price of keeping the Cavalier vs it's depreciation value on a trade in. Right now I can get $9,000 for my car on a trade in, and one year of lease on a CTS is $3,500. So the question is will the Cavalier depretiate by $3,500 in one year? If so sell the car, if not wait until next year and try again.

ImageImage
Defined Parts
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:48 PM
so i'll add my bitchin to all the compainin going on..... saturday night at wawa some guy decided it would be nice to back into my car. nothin major, prolly just need a new trunk lid. i dont think i told anyone except jay though (sorry pj and mandy and jill, i brought it up before you guys got there)...
anywayyyy
the good news is i got my gauges put in, however they aren't working right now because it was too damn cold, but im a trooper, i stayed outside and helped jay instead of hiding inside..
hope to see you guys this weekend, and then next weekend at atco!

slowly but surely...

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 2:40 PM
.JerseyKid. wrote:Alright, just got the estimate back ... 4500-5000$ for it to be fixed .

The guy said the car is worth 10,000-11,000$, so im thinking about fixing it and selling it? Im not sure how i feel about driving a car thats been fixed 23432 times , ill just have to wait and see.

dj - $11,000 maybe for a dealer price, for private party? no more than $7,000 (flawless, no accidents)
i had the same dilema with my sedan, the car has 40K on it, but it needs small repairs and new paint that will cost more than $3,000. realistically, i would only be able to sell the car for no more than $5,500...if that. (in the long run not even making $2k off of it if i were to sell it) therefore ive decided to keep it and give to goce

but! since you need a car and still owe on it, you can't do much, i say just pound out extra work hours and get the car fixed.

pj- nothing happned to my car, i tried quoting dj but i got 0wn3d.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:45 PM
alex wrote:
.JerseyKid. wrote:Alright, just got the estimate back ... 4500-5000$ for it to be fixed .

dj - $11,000 maybe for a dealer price, for private party? no more than $7,000 (flawless, no accidents)
i had the same dilema with my sedan, the car has 40K on it, but it needs small repairs and new paint that will cost more than $3,000. realistically, i would only be able to sell the car for no more than $5,500...if that. (in the long run not even making $2k off of it if i were to sell it) therefore ive decided to keep it and give to goce

but! since you need a car and still owe on it, you can't do much, i say just pound out extra work hours and get the car fixed.

pj- nothing happned to my car, i tried quoting dj but i got 0wn3d.

If i were to get rid of it, it would def be for a trade in towards another car ... but i dont know if that will happen.

I have a couple options on what i can do as of right now ...

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 12:45 PM
so is the turbo samantha coming out for the meet this weekend??

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 3:23 PM
TheFlyingSquirrel (PJ) wrote:so is the turbo samantha coming out for the meet this weekend??

I don't know yet...money is an issue right now...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 8:05 PM
NJHK (The Turbo Negro) wrote:
TheFlyingSquirrel (PJ) wrote:so is the turbo samantha coming out for the meet this weekend??

Ghey. How are you going to hype up this whole turbo project for so long now and not show up to your car club's meet? Weak Adam.....

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:48 PM
Oh its comming im determined

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:16 AM
I can agree with Adam that this month will be a tight financial month for him and that I don't think it would be a smart move to try and stretch his money just to get to a meet. I think instead I should come pick him up and at least he personally should come.

ImageImage
Defined Parts
Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:08 AM

I'm confused...it's going to be a financial burden to get to the meet because of the gas it will cost you to get here or is your car down still and you don't have the money for that?
Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:10 AM
His car is running. It's not that he doesn't have the money to operate it. It's just that he has some other responsibilities to pay for and I give him respect for putting those first rather than trying to force himself to go to a meet.

ImageImage
Defined Parts
Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:13 AM
The ECOnator (Encriptor) wrote:His car is running. It's not that he doesn't have the money to operate it. It's just that he has some other responsibilities to pay for and I give him respect for putting those first rather than trying to force himself to go to a meet.

No Bryan, lets tell everyone the truth...

I blew a piston in cylinder # 3 cause I detonated when I hit a 20 a/f ratio

Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:11 AM
The ECOnator (Encriptor) wrote:His car is running. It's not that he doesn't have the money to operate it. It's just that he has some other responsibilities to pay for and I give him respect for putting those first rather than trying to force himself to go to a meet.

Sarcasm?

Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:20 AM
.JerseyKid. wrote:

Sarcasm?

Isn't that what some of you guys were expecting?

Thursday, February 23, 2006 11:30 AM
oh jesus.

>_<

atco next friday (march 3rd) if anyone wants to come..

Thursday, February 23, 2006 12:40 PM
Well I was telling Mandy but I guess I'll everyone

The other night I ran into a Prelude and we started racing on the highway. Suddenly I heard a loud pop and then a weird noise from the engine. Come to find out that I blew my #3 piston.

I've decided to sell my car for $1,500 and put a down payment on an SRT-4. I might part out the car so if you guys are interested in some stuff, let me know.

I'm done with the ECOTEC motors and moving onto a more supported car. F*** GM

Thursday, February 23, 2006 1:21 PM

Isn't that what some of you guys were expecting?

to be frank it lasted a lot longer than I expected, but I knew it was inevitable.

NJHK (The Turbo Negro) wrote:Well I was telling Mandy but I guess I'll everyone

The other night I ran into a Prelude and we started racing on the highway. Suddenly I heard a loud pop and then a weird noise from the engine. Come to find out that I blew my #3 piston.

I've decided to sell my car for $1,500 and put a down payment on an SRT-4. I might part out the car so if you guys are interested in some stuff, let me know.

I'm done with the ECOTEC motors and moving onto a more supported car. F*** GM

alright i was gonna be nice about it, but since you decided to blame GM for your stupidity I'm gonna leave my 2 cents on this matter

let me start by saying I don't think you're a bad guy adam, in fact I like you. you made me crack up all the time at the first bash and most of the time I've known you. But as much as you don't want to see something like this happen to anyone, you had it coming.

You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to performance.

The only thing you can do is throw money around and hope for the best. It takes more of a user based, proactive approach to do the things that you wanted to do. You'd constantly turn a deaf ear to the suggestions of myself, jay, and rich which is why we started getting aggrevated with helping you. You'd ask questions, but would heed none of our advice. Your constant venture down the incorrect path despite our best advice is why we stopped providing help.

As your project got nearer completion, I was hopeful that maybe you'd change your "never look under the hood / never touch my own engine" behavior and start being more hands on, but you didn't and look where its gotten you. I can understand if you aren't mechanically inclined or have the time, but the least you could do is have a really good understanding of how everything works, why it works, and what isn't right and clearly you didn't learn anything in time to save your car. Don't just look under your hood and nod... look under it and know what everything is that you're looking at. Know what it does, and why it does it. Know how to tell if its broken in real life.. not just what people tell you on the internet.

Hands on experience is the best kind of experience, and I realize unfortunately, that some people aren't very hands on with their cars. When you told me you were running without gauges, and basically without fuel mods I wanted to shoot you. That was the last straw.

And to make it even more bitter sweet, a lot of people on this website look up to you. Yes, the guy who constantly posts incorrect advice, and turbo charged his car and had it last all of a month (if that).

You can't blame GM for anything you did. How dare you try to blame the failure of your poorly designed/ managed turbo system on them. The ecotec is one of the strongest god damn engines ever made. If anything you should call them up and ask for a plaque for the achievement of destroying one.

Getting another car isn't going to solve anything. You need to start realizing that if you want to do something like this, you have to do it right. Running without gauges was your first mistake, then running without an electronic fuel management system was your second. Unfortunately, those were really huge mistakes on your part and now you're paying the price. Life, however, goes on.

If you want, I know of a place near Rahway that has ecotec engines for about $500 or cheaper. Low miles, in good condition... its where I got mine for my swap.

Let me know if you want the number

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search