Jersey J's March 06 Meet - Page 4 - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Jersey J's March 06 Meet
Saturday, March 11, 2006 5:24 PM
so remember what i said about lowering the car more?

yeah probably not happening. haha. the kit is so low already. whatevvv.

i'll post pictures later maybe

Saturday, March 11, 2006 9:48 PM

yay.

a little big.buuut worth iiit.

Sunday, March 12, 2006 6:21 AM
mandy...

....can i hump it?

9-19-05/1-7-07CarDomain
Sunday, March 12, 2006 8:02 AM
Lunchbox(The Goce One) wrote:
.JerseyKid. wrote:
matt dibenedetto wrote:nice, well i have a scholarship test from 930-2. at uti, it's only like an hour and a half away, but depending if i go by myself or with a friend might determan what i do at night, hopeful i'll be able to come out to the meet.

Correcto , me and BoostedSVTF, will be out there all day too. Not sure if i'll be able to make this meet ...

that scholarship test is stupid. i took it, didnt get @!#$, life went on. oh, and dj, ask your buddy if he knows a girl named tiff with a focus

Yeh, hahah we're best friends now. But since then I've joined Strictly | Focused so I see alot more foci then before.

Deej, you better post up that sexy rubber tommorow.

Sunday, March 12, 2006 8:59 AM
mandys lip kit is teh sex

<3

Sunday, March 12, 2006 5:22 PM
just wanted to let you know that i just got another project car. anyone want in to help im me. also just so you know its a old school honda, some of you are turned off by that but the more power to me you if you help me

9-19-05/1-7-07CarDomain
Sunday, March 12, 2006 5:31 PM
no one can help you until you have some money to actually DO something to the cars Goce..... like that Sedan project you talked to me about but we still haven't heard anything new about it lol...

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Sunday, March 12, 2006 8:10 PM
the sedan is in the hands of alex now. we going to rebuild it and hes selling the dsm....or i think

9-19-05/1-7-07CarDomain
Monday, March 13, 2006 6:15 AM
Mandy the car looks good . Can't wait to see it in person.

Ok so here is some news form my racing experience this past weekend. I'm not very happy with the results but I'm going to work on it and see what I can do to improve.

First of all I'll start with my time: 14.5 @ 95 mph. Vehicle weight is 2910 (thanks to my heavy ass system and it looks like the blower added a good 40 lbs to the bag as well). My 0-60 is 5.5 seconds now.

So here is my experience. First of all I am desprately going to need some serious work on my launches. I'm experiencing 2.2 - 2.3 second 60' times. I'm having real trouble getting the car to launch on these horrible tires. I tried lowering the pressure down to 18 psi in the front and I think it is to low because the rim is spinning inside the tire and then you can feel I lose a lot of power on the top end. So next time I'm going to try upping it to about 22 psi and see what happens. It will be a ltitle game until I figure it out. Plus I'm going to try putting some more air in the rear tires. I was only on 32 psi in the back maybe I'll try 38 psi next time.

Second of all these brakes are no good for these speeds and my weight. I'm having serious trouble attempting to stop in time. I can obviously make it by the last exit. The second exit is difficult to make but sometimes can pull it off. I have to use engine braking plus the breaks to slow me down and you can feel the car pulling hard because it isn't enough to stop me.

I have three things that I need to do as well:
  1. Most importantly I need to get the aftercooler hooked up. I talked to a guy with a GTP and he informed me that with out his after cooler working it affected his time by almost one full second. Now I don't expect it to gain me a full second but I'm sure it will help keep my times more steady plus keep the car more reliable. adf

2. I need to hook up a boost gauge. There are two things on my mind right now. First of all if you calculate out the change in horsepower based on weight, mph, distance, and time my car comes out to be approximately 210 hp at the crank, and then if you calculate that into a blower gain it because only about 7 or 8 psi. The other thing that is on my mind which fits more likely to what I am experiencing behind the wheel. You can hear the supercharger when the car is pulling. But I am experiencing the sound for a brief moment through second gear then it dies out, and in third and fourth gear there is nothing it just feels stock. So I wonder if the bypass valve for some reason is preventing me from boosting. Which if that is true people at the track showed me some tricks to reduce how often the bypass valve kicks in. But I don't want to mess with it until I have a boost gauge and know for a fact what is going on here.

3. Finally and this is just a little thing. The car was pulling extremely hard when I first picked it up. I had used a mixture of half a tank of regular, Some Octane booster that increases by like 6 octane or something like that, and a half a tank of Premium. Plus it also helped that it as 25 degrees outside. At this time when I was running all of this I was next to a WS6 and it may have been fake badged, but even a standard firebird I never should have been able to pull away from him so strongly. By the sound though it definatly was not a V6. So one of the things that was suggested to me was to change the gas that I use. I was told to start using Sunoco 94 and that people heard rumors of gas stations mixing their gas to make more of a profit. Well yesterday I got in contact with my Uncle who has a friend that can actually seperate the fuel and determine true octane and if anything else is in it. Well we pulled some fuel from my tank. Shocking I found there was water mixture in there and he said it also wasn't 93 octane that it was closer to 91 octane. So I'm not sure how much of a difference fuel can make but that was a thought to change out my fuel.

I'm a bit upset right now because the advertisement and all the write up is that this is supposed to be an 11 psi kit, and I'm not experiencing 11 psi increases. But the boost gauge will prove this or not. The other reason why I'm upset was because I gave strict instructions while the dealer had my car to make sure the aftercooler was installed. After closer inspection and the wonderful temperatures we have had lately I noticed it was just plugged and never actually hooked up.

The only plus side that is preventing me from losing my mind is that I never realized how many cars came to the track and didn't run 14.5 or better so at least I felt good beating out a bunch of cars. But as of right now for how much this kit costs I can not validate it's cost vs performance gain.

Wish me luck the next time I go to the track which won't be until April. I'll try to see though if I can take care of all three of these items before the Jersey J meet.

Monday, March 13, 2006 9:19 AM

--------------------
Brian D.

Monday, March 13, 2006 11:34 AM
ohhhhhhh mannnnn ^^^^

thanks guys.

Monday, March 13, 2006 12:10 PM
So i was walking into my room and i found these ... hmph .

It says there 17s , damn that sucks , everyone knows i dont have 17s .

Monday, March 13, 2006 12:51 PM
hey deej, have fun replacing those in about 12K miles.... or just drive in straight lines all the time.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, March 13, 2006 1:42 PM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:hey deej, have fun replacing those in about 12K miles.... or just drive in straight lines all the time.

Haha, well with my luck , the car will be replaced 2 more times within 12k miles, so im not worried.

Monday, March 13, 2006 2:40 PM
good point!

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, March 13, 2006 5:00 PM
Lamb Of Goddess wrote:

yay.

a little big.buuut worth iiit.

sexxxxxx

slowly but surely...

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 4:54 AM
hey guys, long time no see sorry I haven't been around here or meets for that reason. Life, money, and school they can be a @#%&! sometimes, but I won't make excuses.

wow hamilton, NJ Thats a change....less then an hour from me now

--------------------
Brian D.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:51 AM
OMG!!! HE'S ALIVE!!!!

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:53 AM
awww I missed you too Jay

--------------------
Brian D.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:10 PM
JEFFIE WHERE ARE YOU? IF YOU SEE THIS I MIGHT BE ABLE TO BUY YOUR RIMS AT THIS MEET COMING UP. ALSO BRING THOSE GAUGES IF NOT MAYBE I'LL TRY TO FIND YOUR HOUSE SINCE IT'S ONLY LIKE 20 MIN AWAY

i really hate waiting for the meets. it sucks cause they seem fun

i'll do this later
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 3:58 AM
matt dibenedetto wrote:JEFFIE WHERE ARE YOU? IF YOU SEE THIS I MIGHT BE ABLE TO BUY YOUR RIMS AT THIS MEET COMING UP. ALSO BRING THOSE GAUGES IF NOT MAYBE I'LL TRY TO FIND YOUR HOUSE SINCE IT'S ONLY LIKE 20 MIN AWAY

i really hate waiting for the meets. it sucks cause they seem fun

Jeffie's computer is down, if you want his number , PM me ...

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 12:17 PM
Lamb Of Goddess wrote:ohhhhhhh mannnnn ^^^^

thanks guys.

awesome look to your car its really coming around!!!

--------------------
Brian D.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 1:44 PM

. I can't waitttttttttttttt ............

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 1:49 PM
gonna look gooood deeeej

why didn't you buy me a set of wheels why you were at it?

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 3:06 PM
NICE WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search