"New" Jersey J's Meet April 06 - Page 2 - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Jersey J's Meet - April 2006
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:25 AM
Bryan the pimp already lined up another girl! I heard she likes to blow at 11PSI. IF I get off work this time, I will be at Hamilton. I will keep you guys posted.

Sam

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:07 AM
okay. so i got out of school massivly early today. and hit up a few junkyards, not only did i find a few motors, but i found the love of my life, and i wanna know how hard is it really to put an eco in to a 96? i mean honestly 350$ with 14xxx miles, please let me know. it's like live or death. if it's near in possible i'll stick with the 2.2 build, but if theres a glimer of hope... please?

like jay said if you werent happy it wasnt worth it.

i'll do this later
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:10 AM
Matt,

Nothing is impossible to do. I'm sure you would be able to bolt up the ECOTEC into your engine bay. Unfortunately with out having extensive knowledge stairing into the bay I can't tell you much. I have a 97 and an 05 in front of my house. Maybe if I get a chance I'll pop both of their hoods and try to compare how they mount up. I'm sure PJ would be your biggest help though considering he did a swap himself he holds the highest experience points in this situation.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:43 AM
he said something about the wiring being different, but i have the chance to get everything outta this car, it's like an 05 sunfire, only thing i see wrong with the motor is theres a small crack in the plastic over tb. other then that. it looks perfect

i'll do this later
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 3:00 PM
well, 00+ would be a drop-in swap matt, but earlier than that you have to change out the dash wiring for the cluster as well as (i believe) the cluster itself, the BCM, the ECU, and the engine wiring harness.. Not to mention the transmission and mounts for both engine and trans.... if i'm not mistaken you may actually have to weld/customize some mounts because off certain differences. I'm sure PJ will interject at some point, but thats what I remember hearing in the last few swap posts I've seen for pre 00 cars.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 4:13 PM
i'm pretty sure i could get every thing on that list, and my friend tonys got a welder i could use, along with my bosses. well i hope i get to talk to pj tonight about this. but i mean it's a deal i dont want to miss. it's out of a sunfire. so every thing is there. spring break is coming up which means a week where i dont need my car

i'll do this later
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 4:31 PM
yes tru indeed. which is why from my combined work checks= full ehxaust baby.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 6:40 PM
That week Im gonna use to bolt it up along with the under glows and installing thew motor mount inserts so I can have sumthin to actually show off at next meet besides my chevy orange intake lol.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:27 AM
slackers....

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:29 AM
SWEET MY AFTERCOOLER PARTS COME IN TODAY W00T W00T

Thursday, March 30, 2006 3:34 PM
nice nice maybe you coulld take mew for a ride this time?

i'll do this later

Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:23 PM
@!#$ the ride i wanna drive it

also matt let me know when you wanna come by and pick up the guages and all that fun stuff.

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Friday, March 31, 2006 5:14 AM
i dont know if you have seen this bryan. http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/exterior/38549/
Friday, March 31, 2006 5:40 AM
matt dibenedetto wrote:nice nice maybe you coulld take mew for a ride this time?

I would have taken you last time but it was to wet. Wouldn't have been much fun of a ride.

I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:@!#$ the ride i wanna drive it also matt let me know when you wanna come by and pick up the guages and all that fun stuff.

Maybe when you start to show proper professionalism with your vice presidency then you will begin to earn a chance.

alex wrote:i dont know if you have seen this bryan. http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/exterior/38549/

Thanks alex. I had a chance to get the kit from a bunch of places but my problem is I don't want to buy a kit that if my car ever was to get hit that I would never be able to rebuild it the way I had it. So I am just going to be a kitless sleeping j.

FYI there is a chance I might be bringing somebody to the next meet with me (and not my brother that's up to him to bring his own J).

Friday, March 31, 2006 6:28 AM
Quote:

Maybe when you start to show proper professionalism with your vice presidency then you will begin to earn a chance.

hey, YOU'RE the one that appointed him

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Friday, March 31, 2006 6:41 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:
Quote:

hey, YOU'RE the one that appointed him

Buy a J and you can take his place

Friday, March 31, 2006 7:32 AM
Oh yeah I forgot to say something before. Project cooling supercharger has been put on hold for about 2 weeks. After doing an inventory check I DON'T HAVE EVERYTHING!!!! Stupid dealerships ordering parts. All that driving and picking up a rental for nothing. Oh well better luck for me next time.

Friday, March 31, 2006 7:45 AM
You go put that turbo in Jay!
No! sleep! til Brooklyn!... err.. new turbo!

slowly but surely...

Friday, March 31, 2006 6:27 PM
Alicia Cressey wrote:You go put that turbo in Jay!

you guys have no idea the f-ing mess this girl caused in my life today lol.. because of ATP's wonderful attention to detail in packing their manifolds, i didn't get the longer bolts i needed to mount the turbo to the new mani.... naturally, i discovered this only after having the car almost all the way back together.... grrrrrrr....................... and of course there are no metric bolts long enough in my garage, or my uncles, and i had no way to get to the hardware store and try and find them, so yeah, in went the stocker again.... so i worked on that POS from 11am to 9:15 pm.... now i get to work a 12 hour shift starting in an hour and a half, and i haven't slept since yesterday...

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Friday, March 31, 2006 9:44 PM
aww jay thats a shame. i'd help if you ever needed anything

i'll do this later
Saturday, April 01, 2006 5:57 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:
Alicia Cressey wrote:You go put that turbo in Jay!

you guys have no idea the f-ing mess this girl caused in my life today lol.. because of ATP's wonderful attention to detail in packing their manifolds, i didn't get the longer bolts i needed to mount the turbo to the new mani.... naturally, i discovered this only after having the car almost all the way back together.... grrrrrrr....................... and of course there are no metric bolts long enough in my garage, or my uncles, and i had no way to get to the hardware store and try and find them, so yeah, in went the stocker again.... so i worked on that POS from 11am to 9:15 pm.... now i get to work a 12 hour shift starting in an hour and a half, and i haven't slept since yesterday...

you love it. you could have slept away that amazing day, aren't you glad you didn't?

slowly but surely...

Saturday, April 01, 2006 8:26 AM
hey guys... i have read over the rules and i will be attending this meet... on april 29th it is correct.... isn't that also the swap meet.. we're meeting at the swap meet.... i dunno.. i'm at work and looking at the site and i really wanna start coming to meets again.. even tho my side skirts look like @!#$.... ehh its ok..... guys please please please keep me updated on when the meet is cause i don't always get a channce to go online and i really wanna come i miss you guys alot... so please let me no

xoxheah164xox
nhra164@tmail.com

---------
<3 Heather <3
Shaved
Saturday, April 01, 2006 3:36 PM
There something about a shiny car to brighten my day :-) take a look :-) might wanna where sun glasses

http://www.bad-jbody.com/shinysun.jpg

--------------------
Brian D.

Monday, April 03, 2006 5:43 PM
what?

who're the jersey j's?

i need to put my GD sway bars on....

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 6:48 AM
Well im not promising anyone ill be at this meet because we all know some ridiculous complacation comes along and denies me from coming ...

BUT
If i do get there ... i wont have to worry about being home after 12PM, because im 18 todayyyyyyyyy .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search