What is there to do in Boston? - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What is there to do in Boston?
Sunday, April 02, 2006 1:43 PM
I'm looking into planning a trip this summer, late August maybe. I'm looking for ideas of things to do while I'm there. I have a few ideas already, but I'd like to hear from those who live or visit there.

Re: What is there to do in Boston?
Sunday, April 02, 2006 3:40 PM
You could always go watch the Red Sox lose.

Woohoo go New York.

Sunday, April 02, 2006 3:56 PM
Ad1kTed 2 SpE3d wrote:You could always go watch the Red Sox lose.

Woohoo go New York.

BAH! - Yankees Suck!!

Anyways...

Go to F1 in Braintree (town right outside of Boston on Route 93) - Fast indoor race go-carts that you need to be in full driving gear for.

Go to Landsdowne St. - many clubs and bars with some fun themes.

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Monday, April 03, 2006 3:23 PM
Peruse the Fens, check out the Museum of Fine Arts, Museum of Science, Aquarium, many places to eat obviously (even if something like a food court, longwood food court for example). You can check out great views of the city like from the top of Mission Hill (Roxbury Crossing area where the hospital sits).

Or you could sit in your car for 4 hours hoping the guy who backed into you will come back to his car so you can demand an explanation... but then you might be at risk for parking tickets (depends what day it is...) okay okay I won't get started on that again.

Monday, April 03, 2006 6:25 PM
hahaha

Vice President - NEJBody
2007 Cobalt SS
2001 Sunfire (retired)
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 8:22 AM
You can also cruise through the Billion Dollar tunnels AKA the BIG DIG and hopefully there wont be a leak in the wall while your driving through...and onto the Zakim (sp?) bridge. - its neat to drive over at night, all lit up blue and stuff.

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 9:08 AM
drink tea

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 7:31 PM
If your gay you can get married............................................. i know, i know bad joke.

But there is lots to do it Boston. Its a massive city full of everything. You name we got it either in the city or close by.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 11:08 PM
There's so much to do in boston. While visiting Boston one time I just took the T all over for an entire day. I'd get off at a few stops to walk around and check out the area, jump back on and go somewhere else. I was there in august so i've forgotten a lot of street names and what not but anywhere in Boston is cool (just avoid southie unless it's St Patty's Day). My sister lives there and I've visited there quite a few times. You'll want to instantly move there (until you realize how expensive it is for housing).

"welcome to the most expensive hobby ever..."
Wednesday, April 05, 2006 6:56 AM
Thanks for the ideas everyone!

My fiance is a Red Sox fan & has been there several times, so I figured we'd try to catch a game. He said it's such a beautiful place, that's why we're thinking of making it more of a vacation. I was also looking at the aquarium & zoo, although I have those near me in Baltimore & Philly. I was hoping for more of an insider's view of Boston & think I got some good ideas. Keep them coming if you think of anything else!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search