Jersey J - June Meet - Welcome To Summer - Page 2 - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Jersey J - June Meet - Welcome To Summer
Sunday, June 04, 2006 2:03 PM
Yea chevys just arent the same. Which is why mine is now parked in my backyard. i WAS going to sell it but I changed my mind...rather sell parts first or something. but as of now it sits in my backyard while I drive something else.....Ill be bring it to the next J's meet.

Sunday, June 04, 2006 2:08 PM
Yea chevys just arent the same. Which is why mine is now parked in my backyard. i WAS going to sell it but I changed my mind...rather sell parts first or something. but as of now it sits in my backyard while I drive something else.....Ill be bring it to the next J's meet.

Sunday, June 04, 2006 2:19 PM
.JerseyKid. wrote:
My family has nothing but good deals with Dodge, so im smelling an SRT with some Mopar ugrades when i can afford it. .

with YOUR insurance?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Sunday, June 04, 2006 8:26 PM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:
.JerseyKid. wrote:
My family has nothing but good deals with Dodge, so im smelling an SRT with some Mopar ugrades when i can afford it. .

with YOUR insurance?

Do YOU know what your talking about?

Sunday, June 04, 2006 9:42 PM
.JerseyKid. wrote:
.JerseyKid. wrote:

with YOUR insurance?

just dont be like the one kid around our area who flipped and totaled both his srt4's he had gotten.

Monday, June 05, 2006 1:39 PM
.JerseyKid. wrote:
.JerseyKid. wrote:

with YOUR insurance?

well you were the one saying how your insurance was gonna drop you if you got in another accident and all that @!#$...

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, June 05, 2006 4:46 PM
children, children.

slowly but surely...

Monday, June 05, 2006 6:22 PM
Well Liberty Mutual , has accident forgiveness , and since the last accident was my fault but it was a bad circumstance, they are going to see if they can get it taken off.

But all the 50 million other accidents didnt have an effect on my insurance at all.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 6:22 AM
Well this was fun and interesting. So I dropped my car off at the dealer to fix the dent since I'm not the one paying for it .

I figured what the hell I will have the dealer change my oil while I am there. Well after them telling me it will be a $150 oil change. Then the guy looks under my hood and says there is no way he is changing my filter. I told them I'm not paying $150 for 4.5 quarts of oil unless they throw in the gold container it came in. So apparently DJ your issue is similar to mine in the way that All American just basically doesn't know what they are doing. They can't figure out how to change my filter and now I'm off to find another dealer that is willing to take on the challenge. More for the fun of it now just to see who is willing to do it. I think I have another 1,300 miles until my third ever oil change, so I'm good until like August or September.

BTW does oil go bad after a while? My last oil change was in 2005.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:25 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm really nervous about anyone touching my car other than me.

Unless I'm completely unable to do the work that needs to be done (ie, body work.. paint) I trust no one when it comes to my car... even oil changes, tire rotation.. NOTHING.

and especially dealerships.. they are teh suck! they pull BS like you guys are goin thru all the time..

the only mechanic anyone can trust is himself (and maybe a few close friends)

good luck to both of you to get your crap taken care of tho... skwirl goes to the body shop pretty soon for some nice new paint so... i'll know how you guys feel =\

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:47 AM
I know what you mean PJ. The reason the dealer has done every oil change of mine was because of one time having a bad experience where they would not give warranty since they did not do every service. So for the first 3 years of owning the car the dealer will do all the services. I mean if you think about it though for me that is only like 5 or 6 oil changes in three years. So It isn't like they do to much.

Personally I would rather do all the work to my car. But I have to keep in mind that this is not GMs best car and I have to use as much of the warranty as possible since it is known that the car can barely hold itself together. It's also the same reason that the only thing I changed in my car is the radio (which even that they could claim is a problem with the car but anyone who can only have AM/FM with 4 crappy speakers and be happy, you can keep it because that is not me).

Of course the scary part is I thought that at 8:30 they stopped working on my car and I would go get it at lunch. But I just got a call "My tech thinks he just figured out how to get your oil filter, he is attempting the oil change now". If they mess up my car they will be hearing from me big time. Of coruse in a way I hope they do mess it up maybe then I can get it replaced with a Cobalt or something . Not that I prefer a Cobalt over a Cavalier (since I consider both of them bottom line cars) but hey it is new .

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 10:30 AM
So how do these morons change the filter in an SS if he can't figure out how to do it on your car?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 10:33 AM
I have no clue. Because from my understanding it is the exact same under the hood.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 2:31 PM
saw a laser blue cobalt in Doylestown, PA the other day........ 24,155.00 or something with everything other then the stage II.......... just got my title a week ago (that was fast)......soo maybe by the june meet, ill have good news and maybe some small stuff to sell

--------------------
Brian D.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 4:27 PM
What BS Gm dealer did you go to? My SS filter setup is the same as yours yea its not super easy to get to the filter with the S\C in the way, but it takes me 30 seconds with a socket, extention, and a ratchet .

Modds:
GM Stage 2 with SFPHQ 2.8 pulley
Injen Intake
GM Dual Pass Aftercooler w15psi Surge Tank
GMPP Exhaust Manifold
CTi 3" Downpipe and Cat
Custom 3" Cat Back with Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler
ZZ Engine Mount
ZZ Front Trans Mount
B&M Shifter
NGK BKR7E Plugs
DC Strut Tower Brace

Soon to be installed:
2.6 pulley, Siemens 60lbs Injectors, NGK 2 Step Colder Plugs
Tune Time Custom Dyno Tune

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:52 PM
Hello Everyone , and Welcome to another Update:

I received the car promptly back at 11:30 Monday morning with 1/4 of a tank of fuel. The warranty receipt says that they replaced the "slave cylinder, and the fuel level sensor" ( Here is some backround: The car has ran out of fuel TWICE with gauge reading 1/4 of a tank ).

So im driving home from school today ( AFTER HAVING THE CAR ONE DAY ) to go home and get some grub. And i am driving in second gear at twenty miles an hour , and the car just shuts off. I once again have to get out and push the car to a nearby parking lot. The car tries to start, but wont run for longer then a second. So i check the fuel lines , and some gas comes out, but not a solid spray like at previous times.

I Call the dealer to tell them to send out a tow truck , AND THEY TELL ME TO CALL MY insurance company AGAIN.
No, that didnt fly , at all. So after calling the service manager and speaking with him , after two hours, the car finally got towed to the dealer.

There going to call me tommorow and tell me what they "find out".

Im having a tough time figuring out what i want to replace this car with ...
Maybe an EK Hatch? Used RSX? Ide love an SRT but with going to college that may be to much for me.

Ugh ... help?

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 9:37 AM
nissan

i'll do this later
Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:27 AM
def go import....lol Matt and I kno first hand. They take a beating and keep on ticking.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 12:15 PM
.JerseyKid. wrote:Well im not sure if anyone has noticed ... but i havent been around in awhile.

Between the accidents, the fuel problems, the lambo door snapping and the exhaust breaking for the third time ... now onto this ...

Something in the clutch went and everytime i pushed the pedal down, DOT3 would shoot all over the engine bay.

Ugh. I would like to get rid of this car. I have no luck.

That was me about 3 weeks ago....I feel for you... sucks

Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:18 PM
I finally got the call and they "figured out what the problem is". They are going to replace the gauge cluster, since i ran out of gas again with yet again, a 1/4 of a tank. So they call me and tell me to pick up the car. So i get there yesterday , and they tell me that they ordered the cluster and i will have to bring the car back in when it comes in . ( UGH DAMN IT ). So i get the call today , the cluster is in, well how convienent , i have final exams earlier today and i couldnt bring the car until 3 o clock. I finally get there, and they tell me to go back home and drop it off in the morning because they wont get to do it today.

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH IQWJDRIWJERGIENGNWEAGNWERGNESDGRTHA

This is ridiculous. So the car gets dropped off tommorow morning, and my friend Eddie that works there, said that they were complaining about the triple gauge pod and said that "may have something to do with the fauly cluster"/

We will see it unfold tommorow ...

Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:26 PM
Well it makes sense DJ. After all the triple gauge pod gave them trouble with changing my oil too. Oh yeah and it caused the dent in my fender.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:33 PM
Well ive been looking around a few different cars, and i think i have a pretty solid idea of getting rid of this car ..
Nothing is definite yet, but if anyone wants anything off of the car, and can replace it with a stock part, please let me know, and i can see if i can work it all out.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:36 PM
I'll take everything exterior for all my stock parts And anything else you want to swap?

Thursday, June 08, 2006 4:33 PM
in about 2 weeks i'll have another car. it's got a blown motor. but mullet is willing to sell me his dohc for 100. so i'm pretty much set!

i'll do this later
Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:47 PM
It may be a long shot, but maybe rich would be interested in the hood being that he wouldnt have to paint it?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search