Jersey J July meet... Lets DOOOO it this time! - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Jersey J July meet... Lets DOOOO it this time!
Sunday, June 25, 2006 10:34 AM
Alright, well the june meet was a wash.... Partly my fault since i was one of the ones that couldn't show, but stuff happens sometimes I guess.

Anyway, I figured I'd start this month's thread EARLY so people can take off of work and plan around events... Now, I posted on the V6Z24.com "Meets" forum to see if any of their members from the Jersey area would be willing to do a combined meet with us in July. I'm still waiting on responses, but if they agree this will probably mean that the meet will NOT be at the Chik Fil-A if everyone is ok with that. IMO things have been getting a little stale with a stationary meet location, so maybe we should go back to roving meets again in the interest of keeping things fresh.

Once I get more word from the them, I'll let go back and forth between here and there to negotiate where/when and such. If anyone has any major objections to this for any reason, please say so, I know I'm not el presidente or anything but I know that Festa has been swamped with school and work and stuff so I figured I'd step up to help revitalize the energy we once had.

Let me just remind everyone that if we do go through with a dual meet, to PLEASE for the love of God be on very good behavior, we want to represent ourselves as a club that people would want to join, not a bunch of hooligans. I've been very proud that sicne we've been at the chik-fil-a we haven't had anyone doing anything stupid or reckless (at least not while i've been there) and we'd like to keep it that way.

Also, please let me know what day would be best... Currently its looking like the 22nd, 23rd, 29th, or 30th... I figure why not open it up for sunday meets also if we have trouble getting a saturday everyone can make it to.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Re: Jersey J July meet... Lets DOOOO it this time!
Sunday, June 25, 2006 2:27 PM
jay doing the meeting posts...

...BRILLIANT

as for the meet, ill see what i can do.

9-19-05/1-7-07CarDomain
Sunday, June 25, 2006 2:30 PM
oook

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Monday, June 26, 2006 2:47 AM
the only two dates I can do are the 15th and the 29th of July...... the 16th to the 23rd I will be in Isle of Palms, SC....... July 8th I will be in NYC watching Armin van Burren live (if anyone knows who he is lol).

--------------------
Brian D.

Monday, June 26, 2006 12:21 PM
Rich and I wont be around the 22nd or the 23rd because we're going camping!!
Monday, June 26, 2006 4:11 PM
i'm pretty much good for all the dates. unless my family pays me to go on vacation. i'd be gone between the 14th and 24th

i'll do this later
Monday, June 26, 2006 7:53 PM
i'm pretty good, but will be late. switched my saturdays to 12-8 shifts and sundays either done at 5 or 9, so yeah

slowly but surely...

Monday, June 26, 2006 8:25 PM
Chikfila is weak. I hate that place.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 7:30 AM
Ad1kTed 2 SpE3d wrote:Chikfila is weak. I hate that place.

I second that.

slowly but surely...

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 9:13 AM
Could be because of the lack of people showing up!!!!!

Not that I'm not game for a new place but at the same time we've had NO problems there.
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 2:34 AM
Eh, its a catch-22 jess.. we haven't been getting the major attendance we used to, but even the first chik-fil-a meet wasn't a big turnout. I think a big part of it is because even though we find it easy to get to since we're in the area all the time anyway, that those coming from farther away might find a location thats right off the parkway a little easier. I was even thinking what if we started having meets every now and then at Parkway rest stops? I don't think the Stateys would hassle us too much since, how can you yell at us for loitering when its a "rest stop"? And as long as everyone behaves, you know.

I just think that a big factor of the fun of jersey j meets was the road trip involved in getting to and from some of them. Granted, with work its good for me to be at the chik-fil-a since its 15 minutes from the plant, but still, we got a lot more people out with the meets in Pt. Pleasant and Seaside.

Anyone remember the OB Diner meet? While it was kind of a bitch to get to, if I could get better directions do you guys think you'd be up for it? We had a great turnout there last time around and it was an awesome location. Plus its right down the road from the boardwalk so there's somewhere else to go and hang out.

I'm just throwing ideas out, so if anyone has anything, feel free to discuss.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 4:01 PM
beach meets are cool

i'll do this later
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 4:28 PM
its summer time. the weather is nice. i say a seaside meet is in order.

9-19-05/1-7-07CarDomain
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 6:34 PM
I like the Chick-Filla meets....theres just something about getting to a meet in less then an hour. But, whatever the majority is.........Im a Jersey J I will go where everyone else goes.

--------------------
Brian D.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:10 PM
I miss cruising.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:19 PM
when u guys going down to toms river for a shore meet ........

Thursday, June 29, 2006 3:17 AM
Quote:

when u guys going down to toms river for a shore meet ........

We've been down there before, and even had meets at White Castle, but everyone was concerned with how many cops are out in the area so we started waiting until fall for seaside/toms river meets. If you know of a good location where the cops wouldn't bother us than our ears are open.

BTW, that cav of yours looks like its gonna be purdy once she's got some paint on her

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, June 29, 2006 5:42 AM
i may hit this one up, all depends on work, i won't turn down overtime. i want tein FLEX's for the stealth by then end of the summer

http://www.cardomain.com/id/oyyci
http://photobucket.com/albums/d170/Oyyci/
Thursday, June 29, 2006 8:27 AM
^^^ you won't....

pussy!

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, June 29, 2006 8:54 AM
What do you guys think yes or no to going carbon fiber?

heres my quick chop

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Friday, June 30, 2006 12:58 PM
jeff....

...no

9-19-05/1-7-07CarDomain

Saturday, July 01, 2006 9:57 AM
Jeff its going to take like 700 yards of carbon fiber to wrap that front bumper ... so i wouldn't suggest it.

Saturday, July 01, 2006 5:03 PM
.JerseyKid. wrote:Jeff its going to take like 700 yards of carbon fiber to wrap that front bumper ... so i wouldn't suggest it.

wrap it in 1400 yards, it'll still be a hideous bumper

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, July 01, 2006 5:15 PM
greg, come out man haven't seen you in a while!

where the hell is festa?

and jeffie...

no lol

Saturday, July 01, 2006 8:21 PM
DO IT JEFFIE!!!!

--------------------
Brian D.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search