Jersey J August 2006 Meet - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Jersey J August 2006 Meet
Sunday, July 30, 2006 11:22 AM
Hey Everyone,

Times where good. The crew was back together, I saw a lot of conversations going on, we had a good dinner together, some death rides and a cruise down the parkway. One thing we missed and will have to focus on doing next time is a cruise down to the shore and taking a walk along the boardwalk. That's what this time of year is for.

One option for the meet in August is the 26th. I haven't really looked at my calendar but we took the last saturday of this month so I figurd offer it up again for next month. Again we will keep with an 8:00 PM meet time. How did everyone like Point Pleasent? Pretty easy to get to. Do you want to try it again this month? Of course it might be in our best interest to find a different location as apparently we scare away the old people. The other option is to hit up sea side again. I know we don't always have good luck down there but that parking lot by Mc Donalds that we went to the last Sea Side meet didn't get is in to much trouble until after we left.

Let me know which option you like best and we will go there.

Re: Jersey J August 2006 Meet
Sunday, July 30, 2006 11:50 AM
a seaside meet is definetly in order bryan, its been wayyyyy too long since we've all been down there before.

plus a cruise down 37 is always nice.

the date sounds fine too

go Jersey J's, go!

Sunday, July 30, 2006 12:10 PM
Sunday, July 30, 2006 12:38 PM
im down for it

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Sunday, July 30, 2006 4:04 PM
i am now invading west chester with the j spirt. hopefuly i can make it back for this meet

i'll do this later
Sunday, July 30, 2006 4:11 PM
i be there hope to have all back together by the meet time

Monday, July 31, 2006 9:47 AM
Like I was telling you guys at the meet. It is a old school drive in dinner called the circus. They allow cars clubs to meet there. Corvette clubs are always there, old school fords, srt4s...etc They welcome everyone since the owner himself was into the whole street performance scene when he was younger. The lot is set to hold a good a huge amount of cars. It's maybe 15 minutes from the pt.pleasant dinner we were at. The only prbolem I can think of at this moment is I am not to sure about what time they are open until. I will get the info from the owner when I get home thursday.

Monday, July 31, 2006 10:15 AM
i wish u had the meet a little further north...... but depending on when the m62 is going in i should be there

Sorry...
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-09-21

00:33:32. This ban will expire 2005-09-28 00:33:32 Pacific Time.
Reason: Comments over the top regarding Jordan Kruger and other members in Versus. Also, if you have a problem with a member e-mailing you, do not bring it into the forums.

If you believe this to be in error, please contact us.
Monday, July 31, 2006 1:18 PM
sorry I didn't make the July meet...my 4 month old nephew came over, hadn't seem him in a month :-) 26th is good to me I will be away the 11th and the 19th

--------------------
Brian D.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 11:07 AM
I wanna get in on this meet. I am new to this siite and want to "show off" a little. From northern NJ so Point or Seaside isnt that bad. Just a word of caution in Seaside. I was just there two weekends ago. someone tried to steal my front clear corner marker lights on my 2000 Cavi. The passenger side was all losened up and I had no idea til i left and it came flying off going over the bridge. When I got home I found the driver side one cracked as if someone was trying to pry it off.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006 1:39 PM
the 26th sounds good for me and carlos!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 6:04 AM
i wouldnt mind going myself...when the date is set..ill do what i can. maybe mike and andrew from long island (although mike now moved upstate) can come too...

this useless post brought to you by the alcoholic known as LUNDiS

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 6:13 AM
Based on feedback the OFFICIAL date for the August meet is August 26, 2006 @ 8:00 PM.

Now to pick a location:

Koncep Vega: You mentioned a diner called the circus. Please get us some information on this. What is the address and if it is ok for us to go there. I tried looking it up in the yellow pages and I did not see anything.

Otherwise if we don't hear from you by one week from today Wednesday, August 9, 2006 the meeting location will be in Sea Side between Stop & Shop and McDonalds on 37. After some grub and showing off we will cruise down 37 and walk the boardwalk.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 7:36 AM
Even though many of the new Jersey J members do not remember it as of yesterday the Black car is back to life. It drove by my house to say hi. With an all new rear quarter and passenger door, plus a lowered suspension. The car looks damn good, the racing stripes make it seem slightly ricey but it gives a clean look to the car. Made me kind of sad to see it again. The guy who fixed the car is looking to sell it, I'm not sure his asking price but anybody interested in a black 5 speed 2200? If I wasn't in a boosted ECO I would probably buy the car back. Throw some HP Tuners (maybe even a turbo) on their and have fun all day with the car. [of course the other option is to pull a PJ and drop in an ECO]

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 7:38 AM
hmmm very interesting eco swap easy hmmmm

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 9:25 AM
I just tried but I can't retrieve the info from here either and I don't have my cell phone. When I get home thursday I will get the exact name and phone #. Then Friday when I go to work since I work right next to the circus I will talk with the manager. It is located in Wall Township, on Highway 35. The exit we took off of the parkway is the same exit you can take to get to the circus Diner. I will report back with all the info on friday night when I get off from work. If I'm not to busy installing my boost gauges *hint* *hint* for those who I spoke with at the meet....

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 9:32 AM
wow festa thats awesome! get some pics of the car I want to see!

I could use a daily beater and the eco swap is so easy I'll just drop it in then have a nice decently fast daily driver with a/c so I can turn the skwirl into the true street driven race car its destined to be

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 10:19 AM
OK so I found the details on this place:

CIRCUS DRIVE-IN
1865 Route 35
Belmar / Wall Township
(732) 449-2650
Open Tuesday Through Sunday
11 AM - 9 PM
Til 10 Friday and Saturday

Sounds to be like they close right after we show up. Not worth it in my mind.

The Circus Drive-In menu lists everything ever sold in a drive-in anywhere and then some. I asked my waitress what the place is famous for.

Soft shell crab sandwiches and onion rings. Soft shell crab sandwich is basic, crab cooked crisp on a toasted bun. The onion rings are outstanding.

There's also a char-broiled hot dog that I'll be trying the next time I'm in the area.

A great place to go if you're packing along a car-full of kids. Probably not a great idea if you are of the belief that children should be neither seen nor heard.

Did learn a neat fact. The difference between a carousel and a merry-go-round. A carousel spins counter clockwise and a merry-go-round, clockwise.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 1:54 PM
The ECOnator (Encriptor) wrote:

Did learn a neat fact. The difference between a carousel and a merry-go-round. A carousel spins counter clockwise and a merry-go-round, clockwise.

Oh Festa...what would be do without you!!!!
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:22 PM
Wait, the black car LIVES? i thought that thing was sent off to the crusher? I dunno bry, if he's not after an unreasonable some of money, I just might be interested... get rid of the beetle and get the black car as the daily? lol

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:36 PM
I hate clowns....

Thursday, August 03, 2006 5:55 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:Wait, the black car LIVES? i thought that thing was sent off to the crusher? I dunno bry, if he's not after an unreasonable some of money, I just might be interested... get rid of the beetle and get the black car as the daily? lol

Well it depends on what you consider unreasonable. He put almost $4K into fixing the car so I'm guessing that he will want somewhere with in that price range. The car has a normal title it is not a salvage title. It was really weird to see the car to be honest. And the guy did an excellent job you would never know it was ever touched. If you are still interested I could give you the information.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 1:20 PM
yep thats def it.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 4:36 PM
I wish i could see it ....

Thursday, August 03, 2006 4:37 PM
HOLY CRAP !

I Can post again ...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I had no idea, i just wrote random things in posts because i was banned and it would tell me that i still was.

Im happpppppppppppy.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search