The post I never wanted to make - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The post I never wanted to make
Monday, September 25, 2006 12:06 PM
Well the time has come, the cup runnith over, the straw has broken the donkey, insert whatever saying you would like

After nearly 2 years of non stop effort to make my car the first successful RSM Supercharged Ecotec, I have failed. It wasnt for lack of trying, cause lord knows ive done everything I could. I'm giving up now, I'm cutting my losses which are pretty big and I'm moving on. So later tonight when I get home I will be posting a detailed list of near 50 aftermarket items in every catogory on my car that will now be sold, including the supercharger kit itself, the leaking drive housing is the one thing I could never fix and now its to a point where its compromising my ability to drive the car. Most if not all items are too big to be shipped and will be local pickup only some smaller items I may be willing to ship. I have not decided when all these items are gone if the car itself will be for sale, much of that depends on how much I make from selling what I have, which would be around 2400 to pay off my car, after that I could sell it, most items are in my profile

Ive wanted to give up for a long time but now its finally happened

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Re: The post I never wanted to make
Monday, September 25, 2006 12:08 PM
sorry to hear that

Monday, September 25, 2006 12:54 PM
RSM bastards....SUE em make em pay for there @!#$tyness lol

you scratch my ride IMA EAT YO CHILDREN
Monday, September 25, 2006 2:29 PM
well its hard to sue what isnt around, called thier number today and got some indian lady at a gas station

so heres the list
Supercharger Kit (other than the leaking drive housing which with some mechanical know how im sure can be fixed, is perfect) $1500 bucks, ill even HP tune you, you need to have the battery in the trunk and reroute some coolant hoses, also I will include the pre tapped oil pan, this is a steal, my loss is your gain

Wilwood Brakes $700, will need to do brake swap with you as my spindles are already modified to accept the huge wilwood calipers, this also includes the stainless brake lines from wilwood not included originally in the kit

Tein Super Street Suspension, barely 2 months old still green and clean (this does not include my Dampa Chi plush), accepts EDFC, will need to swap for stock suspension since I need something to drive on $1100

MSD DIS 2 Ignition System pre wired for the ecotec, includes icm connectors, msd cam sync $400

RK Sport upper engine mount Ecotec $75

RK Sport lower engine mount $30 will fit any 95-05 J

RK Sport Fiberglass Ram Air hood $300 will need your stock hood, has nick in a corner can easily be fixed as you will most likely need to get it repainted for your car anyway to match

17 inch Konig Verdict Opal Silver Wheels with Kumho Ecsta Supra Tires, rear is almost new, fronts about 50% tread, includes hub centric rings to fit J body Hubs $500, these cannot be sold until the brakes are sold, will swap for stock Z24 or LS Sport rims with decent tread left for less cash

Addco 25.4mm Rear Sway Bar $100

GM Front Strut Tower Brace $30

Vibrant Rear Strut tower Brace $50

Aeromotive Adjustable LT-1 Fuel Presssure Regulator $120 direct bolt on for 03-05 ecotecs, great for boosted setups

RSM 62mm Throttle Body $120

Lotek Triple guage pod, will swap for dark grey stock pillar 95-02

Pioneer Avic N1 Head Unit with DTS Controller and DTS 5.1 Surround sound processor $750 , this thing has DVD Navagation, plays DVDs, Mp3s, can hook up monitors, can hook in video sources, will work with any Pioneer IP Bus accessories, does just about everything a head unit can do

Moble Spec 3 Farad Cap, dirty $50 bucks

Audiobahn 2300HCT Amp needs a good polishing and output RCAs do not work, this is only an issue if your piggybacking amps but since its 2400w RMS at 1ohm it pounds just about anything out there so you usually dont need another amp $200, this is the amp i use for subs, 2 channel and 1ohm stable

Audiobahn 4601T Amp 4 Channel amp 250x4 at 4ohm, 350x4 at 2ohm, this is strong enough to be used for speakers or subs, all chrome lights up all in blue, needs a good polishing $250

Infinity 5.25 inch Perfect 5.1 components originally paid 280 for these , the speaker dust caps have a dent, work perfectly though $100

Monday, September 25, 2006 3:58 PM
hey Matt, a friend of mine is interested in your head unit...mind if i claim dibs for him for a day or two?

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

you know, i love when people like to criticize others about their behavior,
but turn around and do the same freaking thing months later...
Monday, September 25, 2006 4:10 PM
I have two sets of 16's... Would you prefer stock or aftermarket? What kind of money are we talking with a swap? Check my profile and click my cardomain site, i have pictures of both sets. Stock have winter tires, after markets have the stock goodyear rsa's.

Monday, September 25, 2006 4:42 PM
So what are you getting as a replacement? I have a 2001 GT with your name written all over it LOL

Monday, September 25, 2006 4:51 PM
RK Sport upper engine mount Ecotec $75

RK Sport lower engine mount $30 will fit any 95-05 J

Pioneer Avic N1 Head Unit with DTS Controller and DTS 5.1 Surround sound processor $750 , this thing has DVD Navagation, plays DVDs, Mp3s, can hook up monitors, can hook in video sources, will work with any Pioneer IP Bus accessories, does just about everything a head unit can do

Wilwood Brakes $700, will need to do brake swap with you as my spindles are already modified to accept the huge wilwood calipers, this also includes the stainless brake lines from wilwood not included originally in the kit

interested in all of them would liek the super charger but not with all the issues u have had with it I will call u tomarrow and talk a lil more we may be able to work soem @!#$ out or call me any time after 9 am tomarrow u have my number but this is a very sad day

Monday, September 25, 2006 4:56 PM
Laura - nothing is moving right now so its all good

Steph - no more Js for me, especially not a 2.4, as far as a replacement, I think everyone knows its just a matter of time

Brad - The supercharger has one issue really and thats the oil leak, im not sure the solution for it, but id love to sell the kit locally, that way I can help with installing because trust me you need someone that knows to figure it out cause theres zero support from RSM on it, as far as the rad hose clearance and fuel issues ive developed fixes for that and I even have a HP tune that will run almost perfect for you

Monday, September 25, 2006 5:09 PM
alrighty...my friend said he'll give me an answer tomorrow, so either i'll post here or i'll call you after i leave work.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

Monday, September 25, 2006 5:14 PM
I will take the lotek pod off you...pm me or email me..dragginframe22@hotmail.com

Monday, September 25, 2006 5:28 PM
ur not really gonna sella are you?

Monday, September 25, 2006 5:53 PM
would the rsm kit fit a 2.4?i heard there just no map and sum other dumb stuff changes

Monday, September 25, 2006 7:14 PM
damnit I want so much @!#$ off you.. I would do anything for it... damnit!!! DAMNIT!!!!

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, September 25, 2006 7:31 PM
nah its only for the ecotec

Monday, September 25, 2006 7:34 PM
MAtt my bro wants some @!#$ off you i believe and will let you know by sat night hopefully nothing will go by then!

Who needs a sig?
www.sinisterimages.com
Monday, September 25, 2006 7:43 PM
No reply for me on the wheels

Monday, September 25, 2006 7:48 PM
unless your willing to drive ^^^im sure as hell not shipping wheels

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:28 AM
hey Matt, my friend's gonna pass on it. good luck selling.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:04 AM
that sux dude....i could use sum boost

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:22 AM
would you be willing to ship the tb?

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:33 AM
Lotek Triple guage pod, will swap for dark grey stock pillar 95-02
i can shipp u mine tomorrow

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:40 AM
components, and panels

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 10:05 AM
Are you selling HPTuners?

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 4:09 PM
GM Front Strut Tower Brace $30 if its not spoken for, Pm was sent.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search