NY-Jbodies.org - Page 2 - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: NY-Jbodies.org
Saturday, November 11, 2006 8:49 PM
my car is a kitted, tinted silver sedan, with ny plates, if you wanna toon that, your more than welcome to use it!

this useless post brought to you by the alcoholic known as LUNDiS

Saturday, November 11, 2006 8:50 PM
oh, and any chance you could email me the files for the header install how-to? id be happy to contribute a radio install guide for the website in return..ive been looking for hosting on it for awhile anyway!!

Saturday, November 11, 2006 8:55 PM
Seems like everyone lost interest in the site. I randomly check by, but there is never anything new posted so i just keep on to the other forums. Seems everyone has lost interest and moved on....

Saturday, November 11, 2006 9:03 PM
I'd say keep it around for the tech section. That site (at least in my opinion) is known with some of the veteran members as a go-to place.

Sunday, November 12, 2006 12:01 AM
Nity9CavSedanCRJ wrote:Seems like everyone lost interest in the site. I randomly check by, but there is never anything new posted so i just keep on to the other forums. Seems everyone has lost interest and moved on....

My point. So would it even be worth it to remake the site in hopes that it would spark a rebirth of the site.

Kardain wrote:I'd say keep it around for the tech section. That site (at least in my opinion) is known with some of the veteran members as a go-to place.

Thats why i want to know if it would even be worth doing. If not the old site can stay up and i will build the new one just to see if i can and to pass these last 3 months; and maybe one day create my own when there is more of a want for it.

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Sunday, November 12, 2006 10:23 PM
Honestly, i think contact dave here and see if we can get the info in our lib. stickied somewhere since thats really all the site ended up being used for. I think its a lost cause...

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 12:29 PM
i could really use that header how-to for this weekend...can the person with that data please email it to me? id GREATLY appreciate it!!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 3:00 PM
lundis wrote:i could really use that header how-to for this weekend...can the person with that data please email it to me? id GREATLY appreciate it!!

I can tell you the only thing you actually have to remove is the alternator and bracket and oil dipstick. The old directions said you have to remove the starter. When i did my pacesetter instead of dickin around with the starter and crap, we quickly dissconnected the coolant hose thats in the way instead. I used my old gasket. Its pretty straight forwards after that man, honestly.

These are the only pics i snagged while we were doing it. Hopefully they help you a little bit if no one can send you that other info.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, November 14, 2006 3:05 PM

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 6:38 AM
is there an o-ring at the bottom of the dipstick tube that needs to be replaced? i ordered a set of exhaust manifold studs and nuts from the dealer as well as a new metal gasket as per reccomendations from people on this site. ive only got one weekend to get this done, and it HAS To be done by monday morning, so im trying to avoid problems and trying to gather as much information as possible, ya know?

they do help, thanks very much...i knew about the alternator...but not about the dipstick tube.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:32 AM
nice to see the j in ny are not completely dead.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 10:22 PM

Thursday, November 16, 2006 5:21 AM
perfect!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! thats gonna help me a TON!!!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 11:47 PM
Bringing this back from the dead with a request... if the person that was in charge of NYJ can get a hold of me, I have a question/favor to ask of them, or if anyone knows how to contact said person...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 30, 2007 11:53 PM

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 9:38 AM
Kardain wrote:Bringing this back from the dead with a request... if the person that was in charge of NYJ can get a hold of me, I have a question/favor to ask of them, or if anyone knows how to contact said person...

My fiance was one of the founders, not sure if you mean him since there were a few. His user name here was MiniTransAm, but he doesn't come on here anymore. If you meant him, send me a message and I'll make sure he gets it.

Sunday, February 04, 2007 2:52 PM
the library was very usefull....
sad thing!!!!

Saturday, February 17, 2007 8:34 AM
I have received permission to rehost the files, here's what I have so far (note, this page is a work in progress) :

http://projectwyldfyre.com/techarticles.html

anything with a red * I'm waiting on currently. I'm in talks with the site admin to obtain the rest of the files

Saturday, February 17, 2007 10:34 AM
Kardain is the man. i was hoping someone was gonna rehost that page, but i havent been paying attention. lots of good information there. THANK YOU KARDAIN!

Saturday, February 17, 2007 1:52 PM
Thanks Kardain thats exactally what I was looking for. We should see if we could host this on here and make it a sticky. That is if your interested, since your putting the work into it.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Saturday, February 17, 2007 4:03 PM
Those Tech - Articles are great. I never being on that site before.

Thanks

CV
Saturday, February 17, 2007 5:01 PM
Jon DeVincenzo wrote:Kardain is the man. i was hoping someone was gonna rehost that page, but i havent been paying attention. lots of good information there. THANK YOU KARDAIN!

I kept linking back to the articles and found out the site was down... so that's where the idea came from to rehost

Shawn McKenzie wrote:Thanks Kardain thats exactally what I was looking for. We should see if we could host this on here and make it a sticky. That is if your interested, since your putting the work into it.

Y/W. Best to keep it off-site to save on Dave's bandwidth usage.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 2:59 PM
New york j's haven't disapeared completely some of us are still around and still workin. oh and new parts are on the way.
Any one got a garage i can use to put them on in. hehehe .
i love winter

Saturday, May 12, 2007 8:31 AM
Hey guys, I'd like to host the NY-jbodies info on my site, www.suprememotorsports.com.

Right now, it's mostly just a reserved webspace. I'm planning on working on it during this summer to show off my Ecotec powered Pontiac Fiero project on it's own website aside from the forums at www.fiero.nl, but I also wanted to make the site a source for GM 4-banger engine info, as many of the 4 banger J-body engines are engine swap candidates in Fieros.

I'd like to give back to this community here by becoming a permanent and reliable host for this info. I'm a former J-body owner (a rare model at that), and a current Ecotec enthusiast, so I'd like to think I qualify.

Who can I talk to about getting permission?

Thanks!
Saturday, May 12, 2007 8:32 AM
Oh, and also, I'm a native New Yorka'... hoping that will help convince the site's former owners
Saturday, May 12, 2007 9:27 AM
Fieroturbo, whereabouts in NY are you? I see a flat black fiero around my area (just outside of Albany) quite frequently... maybe it was you?
Saturday, May 12, 2007 9:42 AM
misterfu02 whereabouts outside of albany are you? Im in E Greenbush. i see a few cavs around here and there. mines currently down in my shop under construction. u may have seen it before. cayenne red z24 with silver ss stripes, and 17's.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search