Moving from CT to Reading PA - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Moving from CT to Reading PA
Friday, January 23, 2009 5:03 PM
Just wanted to know if there are any JBO members out in that area. Ill be working and going to school but it would be nice to meet some cool people when I get down there in april. Also are there any cruise nights etc? Should have the kit on and turbo together by then.
Thanks so much!

Re: Moving from CT to Reading PA
Friday, January 23, 2009 5:22 PM
im about an hour from reading

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Friday, January 23, 2009 5:42 PM
Im about 2 and half hours from reading(hughesville, pa).

Friday, January 23, 2009 7:10 PM
IM FROM THE AREA. ONLY PLACE TO CRUISE IS 5TH STREET REALLY...BUT ITS MAINLY JUST IDIOTS OUT THERE.
Friday, January 23, 2009 7:13 PM
I'm in the area

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, January 23, 2009 7:23 PM
i sence a meet comin on

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Friday, January 23, 2009 7:52 PM
I'm about an hour south in Lancaster. In case you didn't know already, your new local track is Maple Grove. Local autocross info would be here. Not sure what you're into.

Friday, January 23, 2009 8:03 PM
I am into flogging my J in any way, as long as its legal. We dont really have a track in CT to play on. I move down in April and need to find an office space and apartment in febuary, are there any areas to avoid living in?

Friday, January 23, 2009 8:08 PM
reading is a lil hairy w/ ricers

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Friday, January 23, 2009 8:19 PM
well im more classic anyways. still dont know where im going to work on my 62 impala, but the cav is more of a driver anyways. besides, im very polite to the cop types.....
as far as towns go I was looking into the suburbs of reading or something like that.

Friday, January 23, 2009 8:30 PM
Well now since ur into classics, i could help ya out some . how much work needs to be done , is it driveable/ moveable ? will a welder be needed ?

i have a '52 Ford im workin on right now , i have the other bay of my garage open

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Friday, January 23, 2009 8:53 PM
It needs the rear quarters properly put on, and do the rockers, teh shock towers aslo. then i can dive into the interior, i am dropping a iroc engine in with a 700r4 to make it reliable

Friday, January 23, 2009 9:26 PM
i live in West Chester which is 45-50 mins from ya. if you need any help at all im always willing to make the trip.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 12:20 AM
reading is pretty local to me aswell, and in april huh?.. warm weather, should be good for a little get together..

Saturday, January 24, 2009 7:00 AM
Mike Demo (Civic Eater) wrote:It needs the rear quarters properly put on, and do the rockers, teh shock towers aslo. then i can dive into the interior, i am dropping a iroc engine in with a 700r4 to make it reliable

nice , i have all the stuff to finish it just dont have a welder .

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Saturday, January 24, 2009 11:27 AM
Tinkles wrote:Im about 2 and half hours from reading(hughesville, pa).

i live near this guy

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, January 24, 2009 11:35 AM
I'm 5 min from reading. I'm down for a local meet too, now, april, whenever.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 3:06 PM
im 30-40 min north of rreading
Saturday, January 24, 2009 9:33 PM
I live 5 Minute from Reading.

Quote:

IM FROM THE AREA. ONLY PLACE TO CRUISE IS 5TH STREET REALLY...BUT ITS MAINLY JUST IDIOTS OUT THERE.

We ususally take over the Sheetz parking lot on 5th street Lol but I am not apart of the tools in SRT4's crap that fly around lol. I met Showcav and a bunch of other members at Sheetz or along 5th street highway.

Also there is a MASSIVE Honda crowd here among other styles like trucks, jeeps, bikes, you name it. We filled a parking lot with over 70 cars a night for a while, there was even people Id'ing and selling mixed drinks, systems blaring. It's really a good atmostphere and it's a come as you are.. so everyones really cool.

There's a decent scene here, but like everywhere you will find theres a few douche's who ruin everything and cops get called.

As for a meet. The Reading Phillies stadium would be a good meating place, snap pic's then go to a game. Also there's Blue marsh lake. They have a beach, grills, you can fish and good scenery for photoshoots.

" Aint nothin' but a Peanut!"
Saturday, January 24, 2009 9:54 PM
thank you all for geing so willing to hel and meet. it means a lot to me when a community can come together.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 9:57 PM
Like I said were usually at the local sheetz, if you ever want to stop out just pm me or something. Be more than happy to introduce you to everyone.

Like i said usually you get a feel for "Tool's" and the people who just come out to talk cars and bullsh*t and have a good time.

" Aint nothin' but a Peanut!"

Saturday, January 24, 2009 10:23 PM
im am down for the reading phillies meet that would make a great spot for a shoot. and 5th st is not my cup of tea went once wont go again lol. dont get me wrong there were some sweet cars there but i like my racing to be legit and not have cops come thats the reason the philly meets went to crap and are lame now lol. but blue marsh and reading phillies stadium are some awesome places for pics and blue marsh is a nice relaxing chill spot.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 10:50 PM
i am some where in the mess they call pa

Sunday, January 25, 2009 8:56 AM
im down for a meet of some kind

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Sunday, January 25, 2009 5:57 PM
Mike Demo (Civic Eater) wrote:Moving from CT to Reading PA
Sorry to hear that.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search