Looking to buy a new cav - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking to buy a new cav
Sunday, October 17, 2010 5:42 PM
I'm looking to buy a new cavalier and wanted to see what you guys think. I found an 03 LS Sport, 5spd with 119,000 miles and a newer ecotech motor with only 64,000 installed. Only mods are tinted windows and an exhaust. They are asking $3000. What do you guys think?

Re: Looking to buy a new cav
Sunday, October 17, 2010 5:46 PM
Why was the motor replaced? What went wrong? Carfax? Just some questions I'd ask.

Monday, October 18, 2010 4:19 AM
The motor was replaced because the intake was sucking oil.
Monday, October 18, 2010 4:47 AM
outside of any negative unknown history, it sounds like a good deal. Intake sucking oil? Was this a result of a blocked PCV system or a head/block failure? Sounds like an odd problem unless it was boosted...

Monday, October 18, 2010 6:30 AM
oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:outside of any negative unknown history, it sounds like a good deal. Intake sucking oil? Was this a result of a blocked PCV system or a head/block failure? Sounds like an odd problem unless it was boosted...

My thoughts exactly...

You get the carfax on it?

Monday, October 18, 2010 8:42 AM
No I did not get a carfax yet but I plan on it. And I don't think she knows what caused the problem. It's some woman who owns it and she had the new motor put in so I don't think it was ever boosted.
Monday, October 18, 2010 5:22 PM
Ah, then i'd say go for it. Depending on what the carfax says. It possibly could be a lemon

Sunday, October 24, 2010 6:08 PM
well i got the car and i'm happy to be back in the j-body scene again
Sunday, October 24, 2010 6:44 PM
yo text me some pics man

Sunday, October 24, 2010 7:45 PM
i got a new phone so i need you to pm me your number and i will. we gotta meet up sometime too
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search