97 cav z24 w/quaiffe diff F/S - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
97 cav z24 w/quaiffe diff F/S
Monday, November 29, 2010 5:26 PM
97 cavalier z24 5spd black/tan for sale. $2000 or BRO. located in Springfield, MA.
i do not check this forum hardly at all so please send any inquiries about the car to my email, spin1r6@aim.com
or text me, 413-887-7868 if you are interested, my name is chris, thanks.

long story short, this car sat for nearly 4 yrs with a spun rod bearing. i replaced the engine with a 92k mile engine in jan of 2010, car had 139k at that time, now has 144k. i fixed it up for the g/f to drive as she needed a car and we are no longer together which is the reason for the sale. i already have 2 other cars and just dont need/want this car. other things that have been replaced in the last 5k since putting it back together. 4 wheel brakes with rotors and drums, aftermarket replacement gas tank and fuel sending unit, a/f sensor, crank position sensor, driver window motor, ignition control module, spark plugs, alternator, serpentine belt, tensioner pulley, repaired rear brake lines due to rust, repaired fuel return line due to rust, stock clutch disc in a spec stage 3 pressure plate with aluminum flywheel(pp and fly have approx 8k since new) and can include stage 3 disc, 4 new tires nexen n3000 215/45/17 on gunmetal wheels(look very very similar to sti wheels 04-07), balljoints, fuel pressure regulator, and hvac motor rheostat.
water pump was replaced at approx 120k, i removed that pump from old engine and installed it on current engine. at 120k i also installed brand new timing components(chain and all guide pads) along with brand new secret cams. these items were all swapped into new engine and all new gaskets installed. also new front and rear main seals.
ohter mods on vehicle, poly engine mounts, poly trans mounts, poly a-arm bushings, addco sway bars front and rear, obx header, magnaflow high flow ss cat, altered obx catback(tried to make it quieter, helped a little), mantapart race aluminum underdrive pulleys, ebay intake with real k&n filter, have a carbon fiber hood that will go with car but is not installed at this time(hood has severe clear coat peel). the transmission has a real quaiffe lsd installed, has aprrox 8k on it. the trans grinds 3rd alot. and has been that way since the lsd was put in. i bought a junkyard tranny to do a 2.2 3rd and 4th swap and the shop never informed me that the parts were worn, i also believe they swapped the entire 2.2 gearset in instead of just 3rd and 4th gear as it seems taller to me than it used to judging by rpm but i could be wrong.

the car is registered and insured and can be test driven upon request. the suspension is stock and has never been replaced and is very worn. the struts do not leak but they need replacing and therefor make some noise, nothing major but the typical noise associated with worn strut tops mostly. there is also an occasional pop from the front end when turning harder, i have not found the cause and believe it to be caused by the struts. i am a toyota mechanic and have had it on a lift many times and cannot find any loose joints, but it really only pops during a loaded turn which cant be replicated on a lift. there is a very small exhaust leak from the
header to cat pipe flange, likely just needs a gasket as it did not leak with the previous engine and it was not seperated when new engine was put in but it was moved as it has a ball type connection joint. i have also been chasing a light misfire and with all the new parts i have installed i have narrowed down the cause to likely be the injector for cyl 3. it is driveable and i daily drove the car from april until last week without much worry and i just never got around to replacing the injectors or sending them out for flow cleaning and flow testing. with that said i would hesitate to drive the car anywhere so getting it home wont be a problem. the paint and body are in poor condition as far as paint and dings are concerned, bottom of doors are starting to rust but rest of car seems fine.

Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search