( Gauging intrest - Feeler ) '03 cav.... - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
( Gauging intrest - Feeler ) '03 cav....
Saturday, January 22, 2011 7:11 AM
Wife needs an automatic...and I am unwilling to teach her to drive a standard ( rather no have to do a clutch job in the dang snow )......Looking to do a trade......This is a feeler for now until I see what's out there for trades and get more feed backseat from these local dealers.......it's an '03 coupe, 5 speed, blue, 180k miles.....High miles but still gets 30+ MPG...I drive it every weeks day over 100 miles and have had no issues except needing a turbo to piss a few folks off.....does great in the snow...I have had no collisions.......the car has no rot does have scratches and minor dings on hood ( one spot ) and rear quarter ( was told it can be worked out fairly easy but I'm lazy...and it's friggin' cold ! ) ......just did front brake pads and rotors, and new timing set in Oct. ( yes i replaced the cam sprocket bolts too ) has the typical drivers seat problem with the thing poking out, interior is pretty clean, no dash crack...motor is getting an oil change today and will be doing the tranny fluid next weekend..maybe tomorrow...
sacrificing my car so she can have one and when we get down south in April I'll just pic up another J or a few...I'll have a yard and garage or carport then...and storage room !!!.......looking for a 3 car seat holding vehicle ( tried to tell her that my cavy can hold all 3 but it is cramped )....has to be auto, has to fit 3 car seats, has to be reliable, not rotted garbage.....NO Lumina Van s !!!!!!!.........We are waiting for a few dealers to step up like they said they would but I'm not holding my breath......The title should be in by the end of the month according to DMV..they put a rush on it ( and yes, they do that here in CT for hardship issues )...the title will be clear, not salvage )..........once it's in and the dealers figure stuff out it will be posted....just trying to see what's out there right now.......tried craigslist in my area and i keep getting folks wanting to do carpentry work for it......Hopefully I find A mid 90's Sunfire GT when i get south but I'll keep the fingers crossed

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
" Leave the rice to Uncle Ben's and the wings to KFC..
Go clean or go home. "

Re: ( Gauging intrest - Feeler ) '03 cav....
Saturday, January 22, 2011 7:22 AM
....forgot to add.........will need an O2( light is on ) and suggest replacing l/f wheels studs...they are kinda gritty feeling...the others are fine....i should be able to find a good local but not holding my breath

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
Go clean or go home. "

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 10:14 AM
i can scrounge up one for you. any preferences?

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 10:47 AM
.....I'm going to look at a Honda Odessy again today.....Only problem is they are not going to give me much for my car...because it's standard and over 100k miles......got an offer for it but would like to see better....Otherwise we are still looking....

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
Go clean or go home. "

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:47 PM
i saw it on craigslist. haha. good luck. i am in the market for a j again but not looking to spend much.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:52 PM
TIMMY !!!!... whaere have you been hiding ?...LOL...A guy I go to school with is interested in it...he's looking to get something at tax time...BUT..... I did see a Z ...maybe a '98 or '99 or so sitting on 169 just past route 6 with no plate in Brooklyn..I pass it everyday..they may let it go cheap.....

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
Go clean or go home. "

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 5:05 PM
i might go check it out. i am very anti automatic tho. so if its auto i dont even give it a second look. i dont have a j still but i am planning on getting one soon. selling my lancer for one.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 5:10 PM
I hear ya... After driving an hour to and an hour back in this crappy weather the past few weeks I have a new found respect for mine......We are getting rid of mine ..either trade in or sell... then when we get back south I am getting another.....I am hoping to find a Sunfire GT, 5 speed...If not I will make it a 5 speed...I'll settle for a Cavy though

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
Go clean or go home. "

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search