For Sale - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
For Sale
Thursday, August 30, 2012 6:23 PM
So I'll just put this here for JBO members to see....

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/3239905744.html

Quote:

2002 Cavalier LS. 65k miles. 2.2L L61 Ecotec engine. Runs & drives perfectly & maintenance is up to date, ZERO mechanical problems.

I am gauging interest in the sale of my Cavalier. I bought it 8 years ago tomorrow (8/31/2004) with 14k miles. It has been in storage for 6 of the winters that I've owned it. Not a spec of rust. Uni body frame has zero rust/rot. Never been in an accident.

This car is not stock but the modifications done are tasteful and do not sacrifice the cars reliability, only improve its driveability.

The good::
*Power windows/locks/mirrors/sunroof
*Factory alarm system
*2x original key fobs
*Pioneer CD player/AM FM radio/plays MP3s
*Mobil 1 synthetic 5w-30 replaced every 3k miles. Always replaced after storage. Car has been very well maintained.
*Recent coolant & transmission fluid flush
*Brand new front ball joints
*Brand new serpentine/accessory belt.
*ALL factory rubber bushings JUST replaced with poly urethane replacements. This includes all 6 control arm bushings, both transmission mounts and both engine mounts.
*Motor mounts are aftermarket TTR & RKsports
*AEM cold air intake - improves airflow and gas mileage.
*Interior is in fantastic condition for it's age. I could honestly count how many times a passenger has been in the rear seat. Cloth still looks new! Only a few flaws.
*JUST passed August inspection with no problems.
*The car has STD R5 Coilovers with camber adjustment & dual adjustability. They have pillow ball mounts on all 4 corners. a 1500$ suspension setup alone, new. I will reduce the cost of the car by 1000$ if purchased without the coilovers, I will have the factory struts reinstalled, if not the stock suspension can be included with the car regardless.
*Aluminum control arm replacement for increased rigidity and handling.
*B&M short throw shifter - I will reduce the cost by 75$ if purchased without this, I can reinstall the stock shifter... I can supply it with the car as well if purchased with the B&M
*Pacesetter catback exhaust. Not excessively loud at all, but gives slightly better flow than stock.
*I pay 50$/mo for FULL coverage insurance with towing
*Great gas mileage
*Rims/tires are brand new. Less than 2k miles on them. Rims are 17" Focal F05s and tires are Kuhmo Ecstas.
*Front factory sway bar with rear Eibach sway bar. I will drop the price by 100$ if the rear sway bar is not wanted in the purchase.

The bad::
*Car was originally equipped with AC. It was removed... however, I still have the complete AC system that will be included with the car, the only thing you'd need to do is get the factory serpentine belt for Ecotec Cavaliers fitted with AC - 10$ at the auto part store.
*Car was originally equipped with ABS. The engine harness & PCM were replaced and the donor car unfortunately did not have ABS. All 4 sensors/plugs are still in the car, in tact, and were in perfect working condition when the harness was replaced. All you would need to do if you even wanted ABS back in the car, would be to replace the engine harness with one that comes equipped with ABS, so it has the harness side plugs for the sensor side plugs to connect. A dealer could do a quick reflash on the PCM to incorporate the ABS. The orginal ABS brake system is still in the car and only needs the electronic hook up to become active again.
*Car was repainted to accommodate a unique front end installed on the car. This is off a 2003-05 Pontiac Sunfire. This was done purely for aesthetic reasons. The paint job, although done by an experience automotive painter, and prepped perfectly... did not come out perfect. I guess the factory GM metallic paint, was very difficult to work with. It looks good overall but not perfect. But you don't get perfect when buying a car for <5k$ anyways.

Overall this car is in fantastic shape for being 10 years old, and a great sporty little car. It would be fantastic for someone that is into cars a little bit and can appreciate a few of the modifications to it... It's got plenty of life left to it, and would be a reliable car for a long while. It could be a fantastic first timers car as well. It's fun to drive, but it is not fast. Its never been raced.

I am considering getting rid of it due to the fact that after 8 years with this baby, I am now expecting a real baby. It's time to move on to a bigger more family oriented vehicle... and change my priorities.

Please email me and I can provide a phone number to text/call for serious inquiries only. I am not in a rush to sell, but please contact me with any questions

I know it seems crazy after everything just getting "finished" but I think it's time...

Re: For Sale
Friday, August 31, 2012 5:14 AM
No ,not after all that work

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Friday, August 31, 2012 5:25 AM
quitter

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that. Text or Call(908)866-1882

Friday, August 31, 2012 6:25 AM
wise choice. Good luck Jess!

Friday, August 31, 2012 9:25 AM
J03Y wrote:wise choice. Good luck Jess!

Thank you

Different priorities now with baby on the way.

Friday, August 31, 2012 9:33 AM
Quitter

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that. Text or Call(908)866-1882

Friday, August 31, 2012 10:16 AM
beautiful car and if i had the extra cash I'd love to scoop it up. definitely what I wanted my cavfire to look like as an end product in the past. Good Luck With the Sale!

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Friday, August 31, 2012 11:43 AM
Mrs Jazer wrote:
Thank you

Different priorities now with baby on the way.

Deff. a responsible choice, Congrats on the baby.

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]
Friday, August 31, 2012 12:25 PM
Thank you!

Saturday, September 01, 2012 10:07 AM
automatic or manual trans?
Saturday, September 01, 2012 11:25 AM
Manual.

Saturday, September 01, 2012 12:57 PM
swap me rear bumpers!

Sunday, September 02, 2012 9:06 PM
Car is not a factory silver... I don't want the paint mismatched.

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 12:58 PM
wanna sell the b&m?

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 5:05 PM
I will sell it for 80$ but I don't want to part it out quite yet.. Idk.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 6:34 PM
you can let me have it and i can give you a safe reliable subaru for your return

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 7:22 PM
Congrats on the baby!

I know the feeling....my cav got lucky though and somehow stuck around.....I almost sold it..

You never know how things work out.....

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 8:13 PM
Thanks Dave!

I feel sad when I drive it cause the car is fun to drive, running fantastic and man it's truly a go cart around corners, but It's just time.

No thanks Mike... I don't need a car til next year, and I'm buying new or at most <10k miles.. I have my <3 set on a certain 5 door.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:14 PM
i feel bad cuz of matts sorry excuse of a paint job that he did on your car plus the crap body work.

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:07 AM
Well atleast he didnt have it for 2 weeks and end up painting it the night before. I remember with Qwibby that it would have been helpful if you picked up a paint gun, but for some reason you seems deathly allergic to them.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:31 AM
I still say a baby and a new car does not mean the loss of the fun car. Its always good to have a backup and you are clearly emotional about getting rid of the car. If it has to sit a little while you drive around the little one in the other car it'll still be there. Plus time goes quick and you'll be out of car seats before you know it. I guess all I'm saying is don't make the seemingly responsible decision if you think you might regret it a few years down the road, there is always middle ground.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:12 PM
Ehh I've had feelings about getting rid of it off and on for awhile now. I may keep it as a backup for my husband, as the evo has some future projects planned that may require down time... But mostly I wanted to sell/part out for a nice downpayment on my new car, which we need regardless... Idk, right now I'm waiting until we are back from Germany and see if I can afford the new car without a down payment, if we can, cavy probably won't go.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:27 PM
Understandable

Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:36 PM
JokerAKA Showoff03LS wrote:i feel bad cuz of matts sorry excuse of a paint job that he did on your car plus the crap body work.

I am greatful for the help, but a lil dissapointed in the final product. If I wanted to keep it as the weekend warrior, it definitely needs to be redone... But it's nice to have it one color, it is a 10 footer tho.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search