Beater/parts car FS: need gone ASAP - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Beater/parts car FS: need gone ASAP
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:04 PM
I'm picking up a new spare car this weekend, so the current beater needs to go. Bought this 3 years ago, has treated me good. 1998 sedan, 2200 motor, 3 spd auto, 155k miles, manta green with tan/grey interior. Was just inspected w/ emissions and is current til 4/14.

Only reason I'm really upgrading is it's developing a fair amount of the typical rot/rust on the underbody above the trailing arm, and I occasionally cart around our daughter with the car..if it was just me, I'd keep driving it til the rear end fell off, lol. Car has a slight hesitation on cold starts when it's been sitting out in the heat all day, haven't really tried to diagnose it at all, runs strong once started (usually just takes a few pumps of the gas while cranking to fire it up). I did replace the coolant temp sensor, so I feel maybe the IAT or coils/icm could be the culprit.
Spark plugs, plug wires, IAC, and alternator all replaced within a year. Previous owner had transmission rebuilt about 70k miles ago. Tires have about 50-60% tread left, and brakes will make another inspection, maybe two.

Body is rough, has a few dents I never got around to pulling, some I did. Rear passenger door has some rust bubbling through the paint, fixed the worst of it last year, but it's returning. Hood, roof, trunk, fenders all have faded/peeling paint, so she definitely isn't a looker.

Located in Leesport, PA, $500 obo, if it doesn't sell by next week I guess she goes to the junkyard.

day i bought it

faded clear

original rust on door

bandaid for rust

Re: Beater/parts car FS: need gone ASAP
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:39 AM
I went for a ride in this car.

Friday, May 24, 2013 10:45 AM
Mrs Jazer wrote:I went for a ride in this car.

Friday, May 24, 2013 2:24 PM
Mr. Quick wrote:
Mrs Jazer wrote:I went for a ride in this car.

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]
Friday, May 24, 2013 2:26 PM
Oh man you guys are too much. =D

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search