2001 cavalier part out - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2001 cavalier part out
Monday, September 02, 2013 8:30 PM
I have a 2001 cavalier that I am parting out, it's a 2.2 ohv with a 5 speed trans. It has about 172k on it and engine runs strong. It is a black exterior and all panels are in good shape except for clear coat peeling on hood. It has a gray interior, seats are all good except a tiny tear in driver seat. Text me at 5705415159 with any questions or parts requests.

Re: 2001 cavalier part out
Monday, September 02, 2013 10:07 PM
Where in PA are you? I'm in need of a 2000+ dash for my vert.

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 5:17 AM
I'm from selinsgrove, and smaller parts I would be willing to ship but idk that I would wanna try to ship a dash
Tuesday, September 03, 2013 5:19 AM
Also everything on the car is still there, I will keep updated as parts off it sell
Thursday, September 05, 2013 8:04 AM
Anyone need anything? Everything is for sale, I have everything needed to do a 5 speed conversion
Thursday, September 05, 2013 11:19 AM
How much do you want for the whole dash? I can pick it up.

Saturday, September 07, 2013 10:24 AM
Hey guys, BEWARE OF THIS SELLER. I spoke with him for a few days about buying eibach Sportlines, koni struts, b&m shifter, black headlights. I finally decided to go buy the stuff today. I left my house at 10:20am and got there at 12:45pm, 2.5 hour drive. He told me the struts were really stiff and the car handled very well. When I got there both the front springs were broke in half and the one front strut was bent so far at the top where the nut goes that the nut was pushed all the way to the of the upper strut mount. He also told me the car was never wrecked but I order to break BOTH Front eibach sportlines and bend a koni had to be one big impact. After I pointed this out he tried to tell me that this is why the car handled like crap. In the text the day before he said it handled awesome. I never walked away from a deal before but this seller tried to sucker me into buying things he knew was junk and I only ended up buying the shifter and headlights. This was a complete waste of a 5 hour trip. So please BEWARE of this seller!!!!!!

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Saturday, September 07, 2013 2:01 PM
Good info

Sunday, September 08, 2013 7:28 AM
I would sell the whole dash for 50, and as far as those springs I had no idea they were broken, I had just got them off the car like 10 min before he got there and that was the first time I ever inspected them. I knew the car rode rough but I had never drove a lowered car before so I just thought that's how they all rode. I have only had the car since like march or April and in the time I have never once wrecked, I have no idea if the previous owner or not but I know for a fact I have not, I'm not here to try to screw anybody over, if I would have known about those springs I would have never sold them, if I would have known about them they wouldn't even have still been on the car
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:42 AM
another member from selinsgrove? where the hell have you been hiding? haha I might have to swing by and look at what ya got for my 02.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:22 AM
Rob Dotterer wrote:Hey guys, BEWARE OF THIS SELLER. I spoke with him for a few days about buying eibach Sportlines, koni struts, b&m shifter, black headlights. I finally decided to go buy the stuff today. I left my house at 10:20am and got there at 12:45pm, 2.5 hour drive. He told me the struts were really stiff and the car handled very well. When I got there both the front springs were broke in half and the one front strut was bent so far at the top where the nut goes that the nut was pushed all the way to the of the upper strut mount. He also told me the car was never wrecked but I order to break BOTH Front eibach sportlines and bend a koni had to be one big impact. After I pointed this out he tried to tell me that this is why the car handled like crap. In the text the day before he said it handled awesome. I never walked away from a deal before but this seller tried to sucker me into buying things he knew was junk and I only ended up buying the shifter and headlights. This was a complete waste of a 5 hour trip. So please BEWARE of this seller!!!!!!
Cory Kuhn wrote:and as far as those springs I had no idea they were broken, I had just got them off the car like 10 min before he got there and that was the first time I ever inspected them.
I have a hard time believing you could not have known the condition of them.

That being said, I think Rob has a responsibility to people here to back up this claim with some pictures.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:28 PM
I will admit the springs were snapped and in bad shape but I had zero idea, I had never rode in a lowered car so I just assumed that's how bad they all rode and I had never taken them off or anything to know they were snapped but after I thought about it I remembered the previous owner telling me he had hit a deer a couple weeks prior to me getting it but it only broke one head lights which is why it had the black housing head lights and if I had to guess I would say that's what broke them but i would have never even thought to check them b4 I bought it.
Thursday, September 12, 2013 4:42 AM
Here's the way I see it:

If the springs are indeed actually broken in half as Rob claims, there is no way you couldn't have known. That's got nothing to do with experience riding in a lowered car. Broken lowering springs would have the car on the ground, undriveable.

You also have the fact that you claimed the car handled awesome, then after he saw the springs you said it's probably why it handled like crap. Now you're saying you knew the car had hit a deer?

Sorry, but you're starting to sound very sketchy. If I were looking for any parts, I would not risk buying them from you.

Saturday, September 14, 2013 4:48 PM
The car did handle awesome, he mistook what I said, I said that would maybe explain why it rode so rough, I never once mentioned how it handled, it was prolly the best handling car I ever drove, and I drove the car up until the other week when the ignition switch went and it did not sit on the ground, so obviously ur statement that I would have known cuz it would have been sitting on the ground is flawed, so unless they somehow magically broke in the process of taking them out I had no clue they were broken, and as far as it hitting the deer I had forgotten about that and it wasn't a big deal at the time cuz he said all it broke was a headlight and if that's all it broke I would have never imagined it would have done much damage especially breaking springs. U dont wanna believe me hey whatever I don't give a damn, I know my story and I know I'm not trying to screw anyone over, I'm not stupid and I know cars, I have been around them since I was little and if I had known they were broken I sure as hell wouldn't have still been driving it like that
Saturday, September 14, 2013 6:54 PM
Cory Kuhn wrote:The car did handle awesome, he mistook what I said, I said that would maybe explain why it rode so rough, I never once mentioned how it handled, it was prolly the best handling car I ever drove,

Lol, that is comical. If you understood suspensions even alittle you would see why it is funny. If you think a car with broken springs handles great, my cav will blow your mind(my springs are not broken).

Friday, September 20, 2013 9:38 AM

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:01 PM
Yeah just as a heads up this kid acts like an asshole and makes it very hard to communicate with. I would avoid him and buy from somebody else.

Friday, September 27, 2013 7:55 AM
Yea please don't buy from me, I could honestly care less. This god damn place is such a @!#$ joke. All u dumbass faggots have a good time trying to make ur cavaliers nice and fast when they never will be ad maybe if u all would just realize tht and buy a nice car that can be fast we would have so many god damn ricers in the world, so @!#$ off to everyone
Friday, September 27, 2013 8:01 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA d bag tries to sell busted parts and gets mad when people aren't dumb enough to buy them.

Anyway, in before the lock!!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, September 27, 2013 8:49 AM
Not mad at all, the springs were busted and I didn't know and the other asshole was just mad cuz I didn't want to practically give the taillights away to him so I really don't care, I was just trying to make a lil extra money b4 I scrap the piece of @!#$
Monday, October 07, 2013 6:32 PM
damn, and i needed a 00 up engine and body wiring harness too. hope cory is not a new kweefer.

cory if your legit and can get me the harnesses etc let me know.

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 2:55 PM
Cory Kuhn wrote:Not mad at all, the springs were busted and I didn't know and the other asshole was just mad cuz I didn't want to practically give the taillights away to him so I really don't care, I was just trying to make a lil extra money b4 I scrap the piece of @!#$

Sorry kid, I'm not buying outer tails for $50. I bought a pair two days later for $10.

It's funny how you call me the asshole when you were being a total @!#$head from the start of the conversation and really threw a fit because I said I would pass. Even if you were selling them for a reasonable price, I wouldn't have bought them from you anyways for being a complete and total douchebag.
Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:04 AM
Cory Kuhn wrote:Yea please don't buy from me, I could honestly care less. This god damn place is such a @!#$ joke. All u dumbass faggots have a good time trying to make ur cavaliers nice and fast when they never will be ad maybe if u all would just realize tht and buy a nice car that can be fast we would have so many god damn ricers in the world, so @!#$ off to everyone

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search