Local Ghost Haunting - Read Inside - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Local Ghost Haunting - Read Inside
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 5:56 AM
I know that Steph posted something a while ago about getting something put together as far as ghost huntings are concerned. I think now with Spring / Summer coming around, it would be kind of cool to bring a topic back up about this.

We can have this thread to talk about previous encounters you had before or just plan out something in the future around our North East region.

If anyone is interested in reading some hauntings around the area http://www.marylandghosts.com is a nice site to go to. There is also http://theshadowlands.net/places/pennsylvania.htm that talks about Pennsylvania hauntings.

As far as me and hauntings, I believe there are ghosts that live around us. I went up to Gettysburg a few times after hours and had some freaky stuff happen (batteries die on Traingular Field, feeling presence of stuff on Devils Den, hear cannons go off).

A couple places I would like to go to is Jerusalem Bridge in Harford and Pennhurst Mental Hospital up towards Philly. Everyting I read about those places have some crazy hauntings.

That is about it, I have more stories but i'll leave it open for anyone that is interested in planning something.

Have a good one,
Justin

Re: Local Ghost Haunting - Read Inside
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 6:22 AM
I am all for setting something up like that...

I have only had one experience with the paranormal. My mother and I were over her friends house taking care of the dog and house-sitting. Its a fairly old house up in Cockeysville. Well..we were watching a movie in one of the bedrooms cause there wasn't a TV in the living room. Later on we heard a door slam like her friend had just came home. There is no mistaking the sound of the door either. Its a French style door made of completely wood, so it creeks and is loud. I run to the living room to see noone. The other thing I noticed was her grandfather clock. The glass door was open and the pendulum was stopped. (It was working throughout the night because it would do the *dong* sounds every hour). Very wierd stuff. I was young at the time, so I never thought of taking pics or anything.

But anyway, thats my only experience....

btw, Justin... http://www.rechertheatre.com/upcomingshows.cfm scroll down to May 18th and look at the last band Of course, I am going....

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 6:41 AM
Finally someone remembers! Thanks Justin...

You have got to watch Ghost Hunters on the Sci-Fi channel...TAPS (the atlantic paranormal society) does the show and it is truely fascinating the technology the use and their experiences. http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

Anyways, Im up for it...I like that kind of stuff. We will have to get a plan together for where to go and when to meet up. And yes http://www.marylandghosts.com is a great site for certain things, but not all...

There have been things that have gone on in my house, thats how I got interested in this stuff. When I was about 8 or so, I saw something which I believe was a ghost in our living room/dining room area. Scare the living day lights outta me, I dont think Ive ever ran so fast down the hallway. Other random things have happened like the fireplace lighting up by itself when my mom would leave the room...I would stay up late and my little sisters toys would light up and make noise in the other room when no one else was awake...and sometimes in certain areas of the house I could feel a "heaviness" or like someone was watching me.
When my parents go to WVA on the weekends to visit family, they leave me alone with the house...freaks me the hell out that something is gonna happen lol

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 6:55 AM
Woah Steph, your place sounds crazy. I definitely would be freaked out if that stuff was happening in my house. I love going out and going to these places but on the other hand, I freak myself out.

My friend Aaron has bunches of stories about ghosts and houses that are haunted within his family and friends. One that remember pretty good:

His old house use to be around Essex, he use to spend the night at his friends house a few spots down from his. A little background on the house, I am pretty sure it was founded back in the 1800's, the basement leads to a tunnel where cells are built on either side, inside the cells are cement slabs where people use to sleep, dried blood on the walls, etc.

That area is still accessible but it is blocked off from the family room that they built. My friend spent the night there and heard a piano playing downstairs, the piano has been at the house since it was standing I think, he and the buddy walk down and litereally see an apparition on there playing then disapear. The piano plays a lot on different nights from what he told me.

He also tells me that the their is a stipulation on the deed or title of the house that reads "no african americans are allowed to own this home".

His mom's grandparents house is also haunted with his late uncle that killed himself in the one bedroom upstairs and his dads grandmothers is spirited by the grandfather who passed away from old age.

Have a good one,
Justin

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:33 AM
I AM SOOOO DOWN FOR THIS.

I am in.I don't care when/where set it up and I will be there.

I ain't callin u a gold digga,but you ain't messin wit a broke cracka
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:41 AM
Justin Cox wrote:Woah Steph, your place sounds crazy. I definitely would be freaked out if that stuff was happening in my house. I love going out and going to these places but on the other hand, I freak myself out.

My friend Aaron has bunches of stories about ghosts and houses that are haunted within his family and friends. One that remember pretty good:

His old house use to be around Essex, he use to spend the night at his friends house a few spots down from his. A little background on the house, I am pretty sure it was founded back in the 1800's, the basement leads to a tunnel where cells are built on either side, inside the cells are cement slabs where people use to sleep, dried blood on the walls, etc.

That area is still accessible but it is blocked off from the family room that they built. My friend spent the night there and heard a piano playing downstairs, the piano has been at the house since it was standing I think, he and the buddy walk down and litereally see an apparition on there playing then disapear. The piano plays a lot on different nights from what he told me.

HOLY SHEET! I would absolutely love to go there and check that out!

One weekend, we should all meet up, put some money together and rent a van. Drive all over looking. We could pick out a few from the list on the website. I think the ones up in PA appeal to me more.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:10 AM
Quote:

Allegheny - North Park - Old Mill Rd. - Gravity Hill - At the stop sign closest to North Park Golf Course, you are on a hill going down...but when you stop at the stop sign and put your car in neutral, you actually go back up the hill instead of drifting down the hill! I haven't heard of any reasons why this happens.

There is actually a place like this in Loch Raven Reservior, I am not sure of the location though, only difference is after you experience the car drifting you can get out and see hand prints from the ghosts that push you car. Supposedly, the woods around there are haunted also. Furthermore, the Charles H. Hickey, Jr. School (Hickey), which is a juvenile detention center, there are escaped "inmates" that are believe to be living in the woods and will haunt and kill.

Also, not on the list is a place down in Bowley's Quarters (Essex area). The story goes like this, A plane crashed in a big field back in the woods and all the passengers died. They accounted 60% of the crew and passangers, the remains of the other 40% were never found. They are supposedly haunting the field and woods that surround the area. If you have seen the movie Urban Legends, you will remember the story about the guy hanging himself from a tree that a car is parked under. That story goes along with this, there is a tree that over-hangs the road that goes through the field. Your supposed to park under the tree, turn the car off and tell the story to everyone. Then you haul ass out of there.........IF your car will start. If it doesn't your are going to die.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:50 AM
stReve (The Freed One) wrote:
Quote:

Gravity Hill - At the stop sign closest to North Park Golf Course, you are on a hill going down...but when you stop at the stop sign and put your car in neutral, you actually go back up the hill instead of drifting down the hill! I haven't heard of any reasons why this happens.

Also, not on the list is a place down in Bowley's Quarters (Essex area). The story goes like this, A plane crashed in a big field back in the woods and all the passengers died. They accounted 60% of the crew and passangers, the remains of the other 40% were never found. They are supposedly haunting the field and woods that surround the area. If you have seen the movie Urban Legends, you will remember the story about the guy hanging himself from a tree that a car is parked under. That story goes along with this, there is a tree that over-hangs the road that goes through the field. Your supposed to park under the tree, turn the car off and tell the story to everyone. Then you haul ass out of there.........IF your car will start. If it doesn't your are going to die.

Gravity Hill (Powder Hill) is right around my neck of the wooods, we go there ALL the time and it really does work. It is fun for only a little while but it is cool nonetheless. The story around here is that a bus full of football player got side swipped and went over the mountain, they push your car and you see hand prints on the hood if you put baby powder on it.

In reality, I think it is something with where it is placed on the world to push you up the hill, as far as the hand prints, you shut your hood with your hands, the oily residue from your hands will show up when you put baby powder on. Just my theory though.

If you are driving up North I-83, you get off the Ski Roundtop exit (Newberrytown), go left at the light, go straight until you get to a blink red light, turn right at that light, go through the town and up the hill. There will be a turn off on your left, right at a bend in the road, that is the road to go on. Make a u-turn when you get on it and go to the stop sign, throw that bitch in neutral and ride up the hill.

I also did it in my skateboard, I stood on it and it pushed me up the hill.

That story you posted above sounds @!#$ up, I dare someone to do that by themselves, lol. I'll be all about doing that with friends, sounds interesting...and deadly, mwahahahahahahaha.

Have a good one,
Justin

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:25 AM
oo i have a good link
hauntings in pa

its missing a couple good ones but it has alot

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:29 AM
LOL, skateboard? did you feel them pushing and touching you? wear a cup next time, unless you want your jewels grabbed haha

The story your referring to, I did it with 3 friends, we even got out and ran around the tree. The car started...but I swear, I was seeing stuff as we were driving through the woods on that road. Felt like we were being watched as we creeped down the road.

I heard that story for the first time when my friend was telling it in the car that night while under the tree. Later I found out about the part in Urban Legends, so I don't know if its true or not...but freaky nonetheless.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:38 AM
stReve (The Freed One) wrote: I was seeing stuff as we were driving through the woods on that road. Felt like we were being watched as we creeped down the road.

I know how that is, there is a spot called Rehmyers (sp?) Hollow 10 minutes where I live where of course a satanist use to live in a house down there (all the roads are gravel and surrounded by trees). The people found out and burned the house down with him in there, the exterior of the house burnt but the frame still stood.

Contractors built it up again and people are living in there now, previous owners use to talk about freaky stuff always happening (computers turning on, doors opening and shutting).

Anyways, driving around the hollows is spooky as @!#$, we usually go down to off-road since there are some hill climbs and stuff, but I would not want to drive by myself down there, it feels like someone is watching you ALL the time. That and there use to be KKK meets around those areas.

...i'll make sure I wear a cup next time on gravity hill, don't want football players grabbing my junk.

Have a good one,
Justin

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:39 AM
Quote:

Baltimore - Ghost Road - When drivers go down this long dirt path leading from a small neighborhood, their headlights seem to mysteriously go out. Cars have been also been known to stall, and then start again on their own. Pounding can even be heard on the outside of the vehicle. On the right side of the path, when the moon is just right, one can see a tombstone. The stone will sometimes have a blue tinge to it with a floating figure standing behind it. No one knows the story of the tombstone in the middle of the woods, but no one dares to get close enough to investigate.

Thanks for the link sappy! This is the one I was talking about! I never saw a tombstone though...and I guess the Urban Legend thing was just put in there cause of the tree being in the field...

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:56 AM
Quote:

Reiserstown - Rosewood - When you go into anyone of the buildings it can be 100 degrees outside and it will be almost below freezing in the buildings. Once you go in there all you see is wheelchairs and weird stuff. It is really freaky. Once we saw a wheelchair move by itself on level ground. You should go there it is exit 20 on 695 west you make a right on Rosewood Rd.

I always hear mixed information about this place, I know a few have already gone in here and experienced nothing, but the place is freaky. Here are some pics, sorry that my Jeep is in all of them, I like this spot to snap pictures.

Quote:

Ghost Name(s):
Description: Located in the park is a cliff that has lots of rocks that are very dangerous. On the top of this cliff are two flat rocks that form a throne. People say that the King and Queen of the Susquehannock Indians used them as throne to look down on the valley. Lone Wolf was a chieftain of a small tribe and went back to visit the Iroquois Indians and was he was there he fell in love with Fern Shaken By the Wind, and brought her back to his tribe. While he was meeting with another tribe a young brave named Bird That Flies High gave Fern a trinket. Wolf grabbed the trinket and jumped up and down on it. Bird challenged Lone Wolf to an archery contest. Lone Wolf won the contest. When Fern placed the crown on Lone Wolf 's head, Bird pushed Lone Wolf off the cliff. People say that Bird is still haunting the area. His presence is sometimes seen by people. On certain fall nights of a waning moon his spirit can be seen among the ripping waters of Deer Creek

I have been here also during the day. Honestly, it is an amazing view once you get to the top, we can all plan a day trip up there to picnic it up or something, it is just amazing once you get to the top of this rock. I am not sure if you will see anything during the night, but who knows? We might have to wait until Fall to see something.

Have a good one,
Justin

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:29 AM
Justin Cox wrote:
Quote:

Ghost Name(s):
Description: Located in the park is a cliff that has lots of rocks that are very dangerous. On the top of this cliff are two flat rocks that form a throne. People say that the King and Queen of the Susquehannock Indians used them as throne to look down on the valley. Lone Wolf was a chieftain of a small tribe and went back to visit the Iroquois Indians and was he was there he fell in love with Fern Shaken By the Wind, and brought her back to his tribe. While he was meeting with another tribe a young brave named Bird That Flies High gave Fern a trinket. Wolf grabbed the trinket and jumped up and down on it. Bird challenged Lone Wolf to an archery contest. Lone Wolf won the contest. When Fern placed the crown on Lone Wolf 's head, Bird pushed Lone Wolf off the cliff. People say that Bird is still haunting the area. His presence is sometimes seen by people. On certain fall nights of a waning moon his spirit can be seen among the ripping waters of Deer Creek

I have been here also during the day. Honestly, it is an amazing view once you get to the top, we can all plan a day trip up there to picnic it up or something, it is just amazing once you get to the top of this rock. I am not sure if you will see anything during the night, but who knows? We might have to wait until Fall to see something.

I have been there also during the day...Excellent view, didn't see anything though...

Ok, this time we better get together, all these stories are getting me pumped!

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:48 AM
im down for soemthing like this, if you guys dont mind if i tag along

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:57 AM
im game for this. there is a place where i use to live, me and my buddies use to go to. its an empty house with no windows, set back off the road. we have pics of the house and there are all kinds of orbs around it. its freaky. we went in w/ a fully charged video camera and within 10 mins it was dead. no windows in the place but its always cold. last time we went was in the fall and there was a ton of leaves in the place and i was the last person behind everyone and i swear i could hear the leaves behind me moving as if someone was following us. let me know though, id be down for this. ever think about going out to gettysburg?

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 11:07 AM
Like I said, it should be a weekend thing...

get a van and just drive all over to these places

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 11:10 AM
BaggedCav98 wrote:ever think about going out to gettysburg?

Yeah, I have been up there a couple times before. I would really like to get a hotel up there at the Farnsworth, they even promote staying at the haunted rooms while you are there. I think the Sara Black room is the most haunted of them all.

http://www.farnsworthhouseinn.com/hauntedBB.html

twiztedcav05 wrote:im down for soemthing like this, if you guys dont mind if i tag along

Go for it, the more the merrier. I think one time there were like 12-15 of us walking through the woods trying to find this Seven Gates of Hell, but didn't find squat, just a big open field where it could of looked like a building use to stand. We did freak eachother out so it wasn't a total lose.

Have a good one,
Justin

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 11:23 AM
Hey guys this is RC, Im jacking one of Terrys post cause Im out for the month! And this was just too good to pass up! Damn kids!

Anywho, I'd be totally down. There are a bunch of places in Laurel and Savage that are haunted. There is a set of train track, legond has it that a school bus full of children stalled on these tracks and wouldnt start. A train hit the bus and everyone inside died. If you pull you car to the tracks and put it in nutral your car will actually be pushed to the other side. We tried it one time, threw powder on the back and you could see little hands when we got out.

Also back in high school a few of us went to this abondon insane asslium. Once you go through the first door there are about 6-8 of the same in a circle. My friend Manda put her pop bottle by the door we came in since we were the last ones in. We heard and saw all this creepy stuff. Took a video camera in there and went into a pitch black room with it, but on the screen there was a HUGE white light. Then when we went to leave the bottle was in the middle of the room. It was so creepy, and we felt like someone was watching us the whole way back.

My house is even creepy. It's only 23 years old or something, but apparently built over some old grave yard. And Georgia Ave is mad crazy with stuff too!

I have a bunch more stories where that came from, and I also know a bunch of good places to go!

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 11:27 AM
Justin Cox wrote:Seven Gates of Hell

OK since the woman jacked a post, i was curious as to this one. Explain please

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 11:32 AM
Pop N Fresh wrote:
Justin Cox wrote:Seven Gates of Hell

OK since the woman jacked a post, i was curious as to this one. Explain please

Quote:

York - The Seven Gates of Hell - It is a separate private road off of Toad Road. Years ago there was a mental hospital located near Toad road. It is now a deserted building. Hundreds of mental patients are said to have escaped from there and killed in the woods surrounding it. If you travel back to Toad Road, you go through seven gates known to locals as "The Seven Gates of Hell." No one has ever been through the fifth gate. Everyone who makes it to the gates hears noises and sees weird things moving in the woods. - Update: It was so popular among local teenagers that just recently, the old hospital and the gates were torn down. One gate stands, the first gate, which is highly visible off of Trout Run Rd. The area is private property, and there are many new no trespassing signs up. Forestry agents are reportedly tearing down trees back there to stop people from coming to experience the "freakiness".

I think every state as their own Seven Gates of Hell story somewhere. I don't believe it is true. We searched but didn't find anything, some people say the gates are spread across Europe, others say they are spread around the states. I just am not sure if it is true.

Have a good one,
Justin

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 11:33 AM
Ok, Lets make a tentative date now that way we will know exactly when and where to meet up. It looks like it will be in the Baltimore/PA area since that seems where everything is at.

The only request that I have is that if we meet on a Sat. that it be after 2pm...I have class from 9-12. If not then I cant do it until May 21st.

Richard and Kim, since you guys and I are south of them...Richard, I would suggest that you drive up here to Beltsville since its on your way on 95 north/495 and Kim, you are only like 5-10 minutes away...you guys follow me up because I know how to get to the area where Steve lives...then we could meet Justin somewhere. That seems like it would make the most sense...

Hey Kim, did you know that the staircase in the Exorcist is in Georgetown...you probably do since thats where you work but still...thats a nice fun exercise going up and down them on a hot summer night ugh

Now that I think about...Kim and Steve actually meeting...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 11:37 AM
OK thanks Justin..... thats crazy.... but would be a trip

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 11:45 AM
snoeterp82 wrote:Ok, Lets make a tentative date now that way we will know exactly when and where to meet up. It looks like it will be in the Baltimore/PA area since that seems where everything is at.

The only request that I have is that if we meet on a Sat. that it be after 2pm...I have class from 9-12. If not then I cant do it until May 21st.

I think we could break up the areas we go to. For instance, we could all meet around MD and hit spots down there and focus on that area. We could plan another meet another date and hit PA spots. Then for another time we can just focus on Gettysburg since there are A LOT of spots to hit up around that area. Breaking them up will be nice because we won't get stressed or feel hurried when we get somewhere.

Just an idea. I am usually always free on the weekends unless I say something and I have no problem driving long distances to meet up with you guys / gals.

Have a good one,
Justin

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 12:30 PM
Like I said I am all in.

But just one question.................who's gonna hold me when I get scared???????

I ain't callin u a gold digga,but you ain't messin wit a broke cracka
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search