Question on NY Laws - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question on NY Laws
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 3:51 PM
Is it legal to have clear turn signals in the front, or do you need amber ones? I just ordered my Streetfire kit and wanted the clear turn signals, but figured I'd check to see if they were legal first. Thanks.

Wide Body Progress

Re: Question on NY Laws
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 4:16 PM
you can have them. but i think you need amber colored lights to replace the ones you have now. but im not sure

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 4:26 PM
just keep the clear ones but use amber bulbs like ^^^ he said. youll be on the safe side

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 7:51 PM
YUP, you can have clear lens but the bulbs myst light up yellow or amber.

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true."
Thursday, August 04, 2005 2:36 PM
Thanks alot.

Wide Body Progress

Thursday, August 04, 2005 7:41 PM
Technically no they are not legal. My dad is a NY State Trooper. However mot cops won't bother you aslong as you have the amber bulbs and not soemthing stupid like blue or red or something. But yea, technically the lense has to has the reflector, same reason why clear tail lights are illegal, regardless if you have a red bulb in there, you CAN get a ticket written for them. So yes you CAN get a ticket for it but chance are you wont and if you do, just swap your stocks in, go the the police station and when you get home put the clear ones back in. But i doubt you will have to worry

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search