Screwed by OSBURN Buick Pontiac GMC of Dubois, Pa - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Screwed by OSBURN Buick Pontiac GMC of Dubois, Pa
Friday, June 13, 2008 12:52 PM
Beware of Osburn Buick Pontiac GMC in Dubois, Pa. We purchased a 2003 Pontiac Bonneville with 39,000 miles on it. On day 28 the engine seized and had to be replaced! Osburn's refused to fix the vehicle. After being towed to Sigel Automotive Technical Service Center, they discovered that Osburn's had just tore apart the engine to fix a DexCool coolant leak in the Plenum. They did not disclose this information to us. We paid $1900 out of our pockets to replace the engine. Zero customer service and we were repeat customers. We contacted the state attorney general and the Better Business Bureau with no satisfaction. Osburn's refused to compensate us in any amount for our expenses, they also didn't so much as pick up the phone to appologize for the situation.

I know this will show up in search engines for customers looking online.

BEWARE OF OSBURN BUICK PONTIAC GMC of DUBOIS, PA

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum

Re: Screwed by OSBURN Buick Pontiac GMC of Dubois, Pa
Friday, June 13, 2008 1:15 PM
Didn't you get a 90 day powertrain warrenty with it!?? Even independent used car dealers usually have them unless its an as-is vehicle. That's completely rediculous.

----------------------------
<<<<<2003 Sunfire Sedan>>>>>

Friday, June 13, 2008 1:32 PM
im not trying to be a dick or anything but if you didnt have a warranty and it was sold as is, how would this be there problem?

Friday, June 13, 2008 1:45 PM
Moar Candy! LAWL wrote:im not trying to be a dick or anything but if you didnt have a warranty and it was sold as is, how would this be there problem?

because in todays society nobody wants to be responsible for their own actions. if you buy a used car and dont get the warranty when it is offered its your own damn fault. But its easier to blame someone else. Sorry man but it is YOUR fault that you had to pay out of pocket for it. You bought it AS IS.

Friday, June 13, 2008 5:18 PM
the dealer is also supposed to disclose any work they do to the car when it is in their hands.....

Friday, June 13, 2008 7:48 PM
Does he have any proof that the dealer did the work or is he just assuming they did it? If he can prove they did teh work they they should have disclosed it, but if they did not do the work then they are not obligated to tell him so.

Monday, June 16, 2008 8:40 AM
In NY we have the lemon law, which that would have been covered under the 90 day power train warranty. If they were pulling the @!#$ they are to you, you take their asses to court and @!#$ them over every which way possible.

Monday, June 16, 2008 9:16 AM
Cody@RDFabs.com wrote:In NY we have the lemon law, which that would have been covered under the 90 day power train warranty. If they were pulling the @!#$ they are to you, you take their asses to court and @!#$ them over every which way possible.

lemon law requires the same issue to arise 3 times and the same part to be replaced 3 times before its labelled a lemon. So unless im missing something, this wouldnt fall into that category.......yet

Monday, June 16, 2008 1:56 PM
Contacting the BBB does nothing, i had contacted them getting excited on resolving some issues with a internet company and they did not 1 thing.

Monday, June 16, 2008 2:28 PM
Actually, I was called Friday night by the GM Business Office. It turns out that they monitor the BBB complaints, and they have launched an investigation. They supposedly do not want anyone to have a bad experience with a GM dealership. We'll see if anything happens.

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum
Monday, June 16, 2008 5:54 PM
I got to that point also but after a month or 2 of waiting they through it out because the company bounced back with how it's my fault. Good luck.

Monday, June 16, 2008 6:10 PM
Mennitti wrote:Actually, I was called Friday night by the GM Business Office. It turns out that they monitor the BBB complaints, and they have launched an investigation. They supposedly do not want anyone to have a bad experience with a GM dealership. We'll see if anything happens.

well thats good. its better than nothing. i went through the bbb once and like mentioned it didnt do @!#$.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search