PLZ HELP! I need a 2.2L near Halifax - Canadian North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PLZ HELP! I need a 2.2L near Halifax
Sunday, November 06, 2005 3:12 PM
Okay here's the situation I'm in now:

I'm from central Newfoundland, but a few days ago, I took a trip to see a friend in Lower Sackville, NS. Just outside of Halifax. Anyways, as I was coming back to his place from being around Halifax all day, my car started making very loud scrapping noise's from somewhere near the clutch and it would stall on me everytime I tried leaving a stop sign unless I reved in really high to force it... so just as I took to turn to go out my friends street, the car let out a loud bang, and at that smoke was pouring everywhere from in under the hood. So anyways, to make a long story short, my motor is cooked and there is a hole the size of a quarter blown through the crank case near the oil dipstick.

So anyways, I need to find another engine near Halifax and since I'm back home now and my car is still up there, It's kinda hard knowing where to call without a bit of help! So basicly what I'm going to need is, a place that would pick up my car, do the engine swap, and let me know when its ready so I figured I could start by asking you guys. As well, something with a warrenty & low/decent mileage would deffenitly be good.

Also, I was wondering exactly what years and what engines would work?

BTW my car is a 95 Cavalier 5spd Base Coupe, 2.2LOHV.

I would like to have a 2.4L put in her but I was wondering if thats a huge process or not? I read up a little on it but I dont know a big lot about it.

And also, how about a pre-ecotec 2.2L, would that work? If so what years will, and if not, what do I look for that will work?

I'm really in a rough situation here and since the guy that I bought my car from was a lieing ****head (which I wont get into right now) I'm left in this mess. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Re: PLZ HELP! I need a 2.2L near Halifax
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 6:25 PM
hey if you are looking for a replacement motor cheap cal R&R kinsmans on ross road in dartmouth...they had the cheapest price around when my motor went
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search