Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec - Canadian North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec
Friday, December 02, 2005 1:35 PM
hey guys does one of you know what one needs to get aCanadian car into the US and make it American?

Re: Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec
Monday, December 12, 2005 5:36 PM
money, a lot of money

98 Cavalier RS with a 2000 2.4 swap
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:03 AM
I don't see what the title of this post has to do with what your asking...you wanna get a jap skyline(r32) that was transfered to canada to the u.s, or do you want to get a canadian car into the u.s. I mean if i go with your question..take a cavalier for example, i don't think it's gonna be really hard to get a cavalier in canada plated on the road in the u.s
Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:25 AM
Jesus Najera wrote:hey guys does one of you know what one needs to get aCanadian car into the US and make it American?
I didnt know Skylines were Canadian!

OBJECTS ON MIRROR ARE FORDS AND HONDAS
Saturday, January 21, 2006 5:07 AM
agree whith pat a lot of money

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:49 AM
www.jdmconnection.ca
explaines alot in there and u can usually fine some gtr skyines for half decent prices
car had to be 15yrs old to import to canada if its rhd tho(i believe)

www.cardomain.com/id/pondsz24
Sunday, February 11, 2007 8:35 AM
skyline can't be taken to the us because it has no crash test dat u can buy one from someone who imports them to the us because they get the testing done but won't release it.in order the get testing done u have to submit 3 cars identical to the one u want to be crashed.not worth it buy one thats already imported into the us.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 3:24 PM
First:
The only Skyline you can get into Canada is the R32..
Second:
The only Skyline you can get into the US is the R33.

Assuming you want to make it road legal, You either wait for the R33's to become legal in Canada, or you get an R33 into the USA on your own nickle.

Either way, You're not going to get the R34 into either Canada or the US.

Friday, February 16, 2007 7:45 AM
you can get an r34 in the US, motorex brings them in, Craig Lieberman had one (the one in 2 fast 2 furious), Lieberman also built one for EA games when need for speed underground 2 was released. Unless things have changed in the last year or so, Motorex is the only company in the us who has gone through the procedures to beable to convert them to being legal in the states. Doesn't help us in canada, im still waiting till 2014 to get a 99 v spec

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 2:05 PM
YOU CAN NOT GET AN R34 INTO THE USA ANYMORE.

http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?showtopic=17306
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showpost.php?s=e633c21a547f5a59fa87cc5a26ed9deb&p=3040243&postcount=5
http://www.thenittygrittyfiles.org/hirofiles/

The R33 was the only Skyline that was crash tested in the US, and the other models (Including the R34) were imported and registered with a falsified NTSB collision compliance certificates.

MotoRex (nor any other company) is no longer able to bring in anymore R32, or R34's. Until someone ponies up the 3-4 examples of either iteration to get that model certified.

Best you can hope for is to find a grand-fathered in R34 if that's what you really want.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:47 PM
What would a grandfathered in GTR34 go for like $87,000?
1980 Nissan Japan RHD JDM Nissan Skyline 2000GT ES Turbo US Legal! $7,000 on ebay
Thats the only US Skyline I found,lots of ways to turn a 240sx s14 in a R34 be a lot cheaper.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 7:31 PM
hug juggalo wrote:What would a grandfathered in GTR34 go for like $87,000?

At least.

hug juggalo wrote:1980 Nissan Japan RHD JDM Nissan Skyline 2000GT ES Turbo US Legal! $7,000 on ebay
Thats the only US Skyline I found,lots of ways to turn a 240sx s14 in a R34 be a lot cheaper.

You won't "turn it into" an R34 GTR, the actual ones are AWD, have an active Yaw control program (If I remember correctly), were longer and wider and had a really awesome look to them.

If you put an RB into it, you'll get a LOT more kick out of it, but it won't be a GTR. Sorry.

If you're looking a vintage car, the older ones are great, but I'd go for the newest one you can legally import. Owning vintage cars that have a limited market and parts supply is asking for problems.

Friday, August 10, 2007 1:28 PM
Theres an R34 here in NF Canada, it's plated and registerred as an R32. I buddy of mine just bought an R32 and got it imported from japan. He said that it only cost $1600 for it to be shipped and made legal.
Monday, August 13, 2007 12:50 PM
there is no r34 here in NL. There are 3 r32's (black in corner brook, clets bayside blue gts-t and that gunmetal gtr) and a r33 gtr here with nb plates

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search