whats every one doing to their J's this winter? - Canadian North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
whats every one doing to their J's this winter?
Tuesday, February 09, 2010 5:14 PM
im kinda bored so i wanna know what you guys are doing to your J's this winter!

im getting a Cyl head built, new paint, interior work(building a gauge pod) and various other things

Re: whats every one doing to their J's this winter?
Monday, February 15, 2010 12:24 PM
Not to much, new rims. new tires, sound deadening, tinting tails and side markers.

Monday, February 15, 2010 4:35 PM
new headlinder and rear deck - wrap in a vynil, led dome light, led guage cluster, dpsec struts. eibach sway bars, new rubber - 225-45-17. projector retro fit

Monday, February 15, 2010 4:49 PM
sounds like some nice additions, i thought no one was going to reply lol

Monday, February 15, 2010 4:58 PM
I'm getting rid of the s/c and going turbo. My motor just got pulled today and is going to the machine shop tomorrow so I can get a measurement on the bore so I can order my wiseco pistons. You out in Rawdon near truro? I go through the rawdon hills everytime I go home.

Monday, February 15, 2010 5:15 PM
yup, i actually live just down the road from sam davis, never seen your car in rawdon before though

Monday, February 15, 2010 5:24 PM
Like I said I just drive through. I'm living in PEI and my folks live in the valley. I love giving the car a good run through rawdon hills.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 4:14 AM
ahh i see, yeah some parts of rawdon are good for a good run, other parts......well you may not have a car left lol

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:21 AM
Yeah I know what you mean. The part I travel is all new payment right through to windsor.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 12:26 PM
most of the road isnt too bad, the part i live in is probly the worst road in ns lol

Thursday, February 18, 2010 8:53 AM
doing new body kit, new wheels ,new headlights, new custom paint mainly working on the exterior change than down the road in the summer total interior change over , just needed a new look after being the same for 8 yrs

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:58 PM
cavfire conversion and maybe eco swap later on

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Friday, February 26, 2010 9:18 PM
im finishing up my stereo build for db drag racing. get some touching up done to the body and tinting tail lights and side markers, thats about it for me this year.

Monday, March 01, 2010 5:45 PM
installing my s/c heat exchanger, smaller pully, meth injection kit, smaller belt. then get a tune.

M62 KIT for sale PM ME
Monday, March 01, 2010 6:02 PM
I am just waiting for my parts to come in from TTR to send to Armstrongs to get built. I'm hoping in the next week I will have a package containing: bronze valve guides, cometic head gasket, melling oil pump, gasket set, eagle rods, 9:1 wiseco pistons, SS racing valves. My HO manifold and secret cams arrived and am just waiting on my phenolic adapter and intercooler. All I have left to order is the turbo, bov, wastegate, exhaust/charge pipes. Danny at JD racing is making me a custom turbo manifold. I am getting soooo excited for summer to come. It should be a good year at the 1/4 mile.

Monday, March 01, 2010 6:06 PM
Oh, FYI I'm trying to sell my supercharger, lsj injectors, pacesetter 4-1 header, and quick change pulleys so if you know anyone with an LD9 looking for more power mention I have a kit for sale

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 3:15 PM
you guys might as well come to the valley for the apple blossom car show this year

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 3:22 PM
what valley is that

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 8:14 PM
I may try to make it to that if my car is running and I am off work that weekend.

Thursday, March 11, 2010 10:31 AM
Steve-O wrote:you guys might as well come to the valley for the apple blossom car show this year

the car club im in may possibly be going to the apple blossom show

Thursday, March 11, 2010 7:17 PM
yeah i'm on the High Intenzity board, probly be a member againt his year when i get around to payin in but yeah its kentville for blue fire

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 4:42 PM
Doing some cancer removal to my 89' GT before it becomes terminal, rear inner rocker panel, rocker support,and lower quarter repair panels.The blue tape is there for a reference to where my pinch weld line will be, I leave some extra metal on the bottom then trim once all the fabrication and welding is done.

Here is the panel I fabd where the car is jacked, the excess will be bent up around weld line like original.planning on welding all the square and oval openings in the frame pieces solid, seal all the seams and make access holes to the frames through floor pan and spray the inside frame full of rust check.
I will be painting the entire rear frame,springs,drums,rear axle and all,can't drive till august so why not eh.

After 3M seam sealer applied

At the moment I am limited to using flux core instead of mig and it is'nt the best so I am waiting for some shielding gas, hopefully soon.

Thursday, April 15, 2010 10:47 AM
it dont look to bad, at least you taking you time and not throwing the car together like some people do

Ive also decided my sunfire is getting either a turbo or a V6 in winter 2011

Thursday, April 15, 2010 5:41 PM
The fuel and break lines are coming out all in one piece hopefully.
I am installing a new Garrett T3 and inter-cooler this summer and I have a T25 oil and water-cooled that only needs bearings and a seal to be fresh, it is a Garrett turbo also.
I know where there is a 91' 3.1L GT that is demolished but it only has 140'000km on the drivetrain so I am planning on experimenting turbocharging the 3.1L with the T25, then wait to find another solid Sunbird body and I will be ready to swap the V6 in. I want to keep my 89' gt turbo close as possible to original without swapping the 2.0 turbo engine which is lighter and more powerfull than the v6, with a map sensor bleed valve and a simple wastegate adjustment I was making close to 18 pounds of boost and the car could break the tires loose at 50kmh but it needs a larger fuel pump and a inter-cooler.
Friday, April 16, 2010 11:33 PM
ARP studs finally came in...armstrongs said they would be starting my motor next week...few more parts to go and then off to the dyno hopefully by the middle of may.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search