traction control - Canadian North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
traction control
Wednesday, December 29, 2004 5:32 AM
HI i have a 01 cav sedan. My traction control light came on and now stays on along with me check engine light. What would be wrong with this, I looked in my book and says somehow tc is now dissabled, ive been spinning on a lot of snow over the last few days but with the t/c it usually isn' that bad. Now i spin al lot eaiser with t/c off. Has anyone else had this prob? What do i have to do just go in and get it serviced? or is it just some code?

Re: traction control
Thursday, December 30, 2004 8:05 AM
took my car in, aparently there was so much snow packed in under my hood. This caused the fan not to work properly wich tripped out the fuse for the trac. control. IF anyone has as much snow under hood as i did, clear it out cus it can cause lots of probs.I was lucky it was only a fuse. At first they were saying it was the fan relay and fan motor that was burnt out. Cost me 78bucks to run on scanner,replace fuse and labour. so id say i got off pretty good. Just a bit of advice to pass on to the maritime J's cus we get a butt load of snow!!!!!!!
Saturday, February 12, 2005 6:02 PM
I agree there man! foot and a half yesterday. I turn my t/c off in the snow. mine cuts out soon as u hit te gas on snow. I find it easier to burn a little rubber if needed lol
Sunday, February 13, 2005 2:31 PM
I find t/c really good in the snow and on my car there is no switch to turn it on or off
Thursday, March 10, 2005 3:05 PM
@ first i checked this post out cuz i had an 02' and it had traction control, but my o3' doesnt have the button anymore? does that mean that its always on or that i dont have the option?? just curious...

The second that I saw that your t/c light and engine lights where on, i was knew exactly what was wrong *for once!* lol cuz yeah living in North Bay, the same thing happened with the snow to me, thing is, it was too late and my fan was pooched, but the dealership concidered it under warrenty and replaced it for free gotta love winter! check out the my profile to see what the evil winter did to my car over just 2 hours of hwy driving!!

*Excuse me?? It's not "just" a Sunfire!!!*
Friday, March 11, 2005 10:04 AM
yes u mostlikely have traction control,all u have to do is try to spin somewhere on snow and in the lower right corner on your dash there will be a light come on showing the car slipping, your car wil go one way then compensate itself by bringing back the other. At least that's what our 01cavy does. Sad to see the pic of your damaged sunfire,but the new one will look good after the winter,by the way, man your HOT!!!!
Friday, March 11, 2005 12:52 PM
Hey could it be the same for my 99 sunfire .., i got no more t/c with the engine light on..oh and no more abs either
Friday, March 11, 2005 7:03 PM
hard to say if u clear the code it may work fine again,mine did
Saturday, March 12, 2005 4:26 AM
Yea, i did clear it .The problem is still there..it must be really screwed up then.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search