laws on clear corners in NS? (any?) - Canadian North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
laws on clear corners in NS? (any?)
Thursday, May 19, 2005 10:50 AM
hi!, do any of you know if there are any laws against the use of clear corners in Nova Scotia? and if i was to use clear corners would it be safer to use amber bulbs inside the clear lenses rather than the clear ones? or would it matter?

Thanks!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/682845/ <=== my '91 Sunbird LE 2.0 4cyl

COMING SOON.. '94 Cavalier 2.2L Z-Wannabee (in progress)

Re: laws on clear corners in NS? (any?)
Friday, May 20, 2005 11:58 AM
clear corners are fine as long as there is an amber bulb in there. I find that the cops don't really bother you about it though if you don'e have amber bulbs.

Quoth the Raven 'Nevermore
raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Friday, May 20, 2005 1:11 PM
if your gonna have to put an amber bulb, what's the point? they factory ones (at least on my 01 cav) are already pretty much clear with amber bulb
Friday, May 20, 2005 1:35 PM
yeah i kinda figured you'd need an amber bulb in there... they seem pretty strict about stuff here so i kinda figured.. i just dont see many 2nd gen cav's with clear corners around my area, figured it would be somethin at least a little different

thanks for the replies!

Thursday, May 26, 2005 5:57 PM
actually i talked to a guy in town who drives a neon, he runs green bulbs and has never been pulled over for them, cops just tell him how unique it looks i'm going to be running ultra Violet Ultra bright LED's just as long as they are CLEARLY not red or blue, then you're good

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time..." "for those ten seconds or less I'm free"
Friday, May 27, 2005 10:35 AM
Sylvania also makes a bulb that is clear when unlit and amber when lit to keep things legal and looking smooth when not using your turn signals
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 8:06 PM
excellent

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:28 PM
I've gone through multiple road checks and been pulled over 4 times (speeding).
Only issue I had had was one tough guy who didn't like my blue license plate cover. Says since I'm from N.S and the plate numbers are blue, it can be hard to read.
Never had any issues with my clear corners and I use Eurolite hyperwhite bulbs (bulb itself is blue in color, but flash white)

...ever since, I've been The Champ
Saturday, August 06, 2005 7:10 PM
sweet, will check into those Eurolite's!
thanks

ALMOST DONE.. '94 Cavalier 2.2L Z-Wannabee (in progress)
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:06 AM
your not allowed to have blue or red facing the front of the vehicle .. other then that go nuts

www.cardomain.com/id/pondsz24
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 2:58 PM
sounds good to me!

thanks Pond, see you on the Street&strip!

ALMOST DONE.. '94 Cavalier 2.2L Z-Wannabee (in progress)

Friday, February 17, 2006 10:07 AM
Seems like there's tons of cars and trucks out there now with clear corners direct from the factory; bulbs are either red, amber or clear (reverse), but still all factory, so I can't see where it would be an issue.
Friday, March 03, 2006 10:39 AM
I have Clear corners on my 1990 Z24 and I got pulled offer and issued a $300 fine for my bulbs being to bright and not amber, dont be stupid like i was and make sure they are amber, they gave me no warning...
Tuesday, August 01, 2006 1:10 AM
Chris Pyke wrote:I have Clear corners on my 1990 Z24 and I got pulled offer and issued a $300 fine for my bulbs being to bright and not amber, dont be stupid like i was and make sure they are amber, they gave me no warning...

review the law... as far as I know it's not against it, and if they fine you you need to bring a copy of your local legistlation on it with you, if they were white red or blue, thats your deal, but if they were green purple ect, you shoudlnt' have had a problem... if I ever get pulled over for something like that I'll be sure to have the law on it with me so I can tell them to shove their fine before they give it to me...

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time..." "for those ten seconds or less I'm free"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search